Day 3 off weed struggling here!

Postby EdenG » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:53 am

One day at a time my friend, one day at a time.

How are you feeling now? Did you get some sleep?
EdenG

Likes Received: 14

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:12 am

Hey Eden.

Didn't sleep very well last night at all but didn't sweat so much last night
Feeling better today and am proud and glad to have the first week behind me:)
Read a few chapters of a book last night, haven't in years and it's those small positive changes that I'm trying to grab hold of!

Going out today to spend my weed money on food for the house and maybe a present for my lady,
I know life is gonna be so much better without this, I can't help look back and seems I've wasted some of my best years but it could be worse, I have to be grateful for everything I have
How long did you say your off it now? Did you see changes after a week? Not huge like but I definitely see small ones:)
Irishweedfreeguy

Likes Received: 10

Postby EdenG » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 am

Hellooo,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep so well last night :( That will get easier with time.
Great to hear that you didn't sweat as much though! I don't miss the night sweats, that's for sure!
Sleep still isn't easy every night, but most nights' it's okay.

Woohoo! Week 1 down :) Proud of you!

I've recently started reading again, which I love and haven't done enough of in the last 3 years. It's nice to be able to read and retain what I've read!!

Yesss, spend that weed money on better things! Food and a present for your lady sound like great things to spend it on :)
You may feel like you've wasted some of your "best" years on weed, but without your past you wouldn't be who you are now and this has all been part of your journey. Life was teaching you things you otherwise may not have learnt.
Don't look back and regret.

I'm now 3 months, 3 days off weed :) Very proud of myself.
Changes after a week, yeah I definitely noticed some. In my first 3 days without it I was horribly depressed and suicidal. By day 7 my mood was a little better, but sleep was still difficult and I think my night sweats lasted about 2 weeks... I've had night sweats once or twice since that 2 week mark, but not for a while now.

May I ask your name? (If you don't mind lol)
EdenG

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello again, my name is Jay,may I ask yours?
Very difficult day today just my moods and everyday pressures but I'll try not to moan too much here :)
My kids are testing me but it's not them it's me lol
When did you see big changes may I ask? I feel like a flower wanting to blossom but there's nobody to water me, I gotta wait for the rain to pour down lol
Very proud of you, over 3 months is a great achievement and you must get a lot of mental strength from it?
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby EdenG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 am

Hi Jay!

My name is Eden; lovely to e-meet you! :)

Ohhh no good that you had a bad mood day... You can moan all you like on here! We all understand what you're going through and know it's not easy!

I think after week two was probably when I noticed I really started to feel better. My sleep got better around 2-2.5 weeks so that definitely helped to improve my mood!

Yeah, I have got a lot of mental strength and confidence in myself from getting over the 3 month mark.
I honestly think it'll all be much easier from now :) I don't really "crave" it either which is nice! I can hang out with friends who smoke and not want to smoke myself.
I've also found that it helped to tell the people I see often what was going on in my world; so they understood if I was having a "down" day or whatever. It also helps to relieve some of the weight on my shoulders I felt I was carrying around when people didn't know.
Seeing my psychologist has helped a lot too. I need to sort out the issues that are still there and that I was "covering up" with weed use. Doing so much better than when I was self medicating through smoking :)

How'd you sleep last night? I'm assuming it's morning where you are!
EdenG

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 am

Hey eden:)

Didn't sleep very well but on the whole am doing okay I guess, grumpy start to the day but willing myself to be happy and positive and work keeps me busy during the week.

I can't wait until I'm not craving it as much, my days used to evolve around it and trying to fill the time etc but feel if I try change everything in a week or 2 I'll fall apart and end up back smoking so I'm just going to concentrate on getting it out of my system and gradually introduce change

I don't miss the anxiety and fear that weed brings me that's for sure

Your a very caring lady Eden your messages me so much to me, he's a lucky man whoever he is lol
How are you keeping? Hope life is being good to you
Did you find that you eat more when you quit? I've seen some say a loss of appetite but I just can't stop eating lol
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby EdenG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 am

Hey Jay,

Mmm I had a terrible sleep last night and had a bad mood day today. I mainly blame that on my brain overthinking about my ex boyfriend, I'm still quite angry/upset about things, but won't get into that.
Also had my nasty, vivid dreams come back last night :(

You've got a job, so I imagine you wouldn't have smoked during the day would you?
Just need to find things to occupy you more at night?

Yeah, change is good, but don't push your brain and body to change too much too drastically; that's what I decided at least. Not beating myself up for not doing everything all at once! :)

Aww thank you, I like to think I'm caring. I care about humans, even though I don't seem to "like" many of them haha
Lucky man? Don't have one! None have managed to treat me very well so I'm steering clear of them for a while. Just going to focus on me and what makes me happy and healthy. I'm 28, I've still got time to meet someone!

I'm okay... As I said earlier, haven't had a great mood today - probably blame some of that on my poor sleep last night too.

Haha yeah I definitely found I got my appetite back when I quit, but it was more for healthy foods instead of junk food when I had munchies from smoking. I've lost about one dress size since quitting smoking weed, but I'm eating more!
The first 2-3 weeks I found I was really hungry, but it tapered off! You're also in Winter though, so that'd be contributing to your hunger as well! Tiz Summer here in Australia :)

How are you today? What's news in your world?! :)
EdenG

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:08 am

Hello Eden.
Lovely to hear from you:)

Had a rough day yesterday and wanted weed I will admit but didn't give in so I'm proud of that and feeling okay today

Aw no so sorry to hear you didn't sleep well eden
Wanna talk about it? You still love your ex?

I don't get on very well with my partner but we have young kids so what do ya do, she never shows me love or affection!
Hope your day improves as it goes on ill be thinking of you

Yeah I work but don't do many hours really, I get paid to be on call all the time but rarely needed but changing jobs soon as I'm just sitting around too much and wanna get back out there working with others, do you work Eden?
Your the closest thing I've ever got to one of God's angels... You really are an angel, can't thank you enough for the support again!

I'm training my youngest today to use the toilet but he loves his nappies lol I could be bringing on a stressful day here
Love chatting to you Eden :)
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby EdenG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello my friend :)

Ohhh sucks that you had a rough day yesterday, but glad you didn't give in to the temptation to smoke!
I totally understand wanting it; these past couple of days I've really been wanting it. Just coz I've been so stuck in my head thinking about things and not sleeping well. I know if I had a joint or a couple of cones I'd sleep incredibly well.
Buuuuut I've decided that weed is not what I want, so I'll just have to tough it out. As will you Jay! I'm proud of you and you're doing so well!

Mmm no, don't really want to talk about the ex; I could write an essay on the topic, but then everyone who comes to this forum would be able to read it and I'm not so keen on airing my dirty laundry about him on here :P
Loooonnnnggg story short, he's not treated me the way I deserve or the way you would think someone who still wants to be my friend should, so I'm cutting him out. I don't need people in my life who bring negative energy or negative thoughts to my brain. I definitely do not still love him as he's shown me a side of himself that I honestly didn't think he had.

My day is coming to a close and I'm hoping to sleep well tonight. It's currently 11pm and I should consider trying to sleep shortly.

Hmmm it's sad to hear that your partner doesn't show you much love and affection and that you don't get on very well.
I'm sure you once did as you've got children together. I can imagine children would/could take a toll on a relationship, especially if one partner has a substance dependency. Not trying to sound nasty at all, just looking at it from an outsiders perspective; a woman's perspective.
Hearing that you're training your youngest child to use the toilet today doesn't make you sound as though you're a distant father or that you don't share the load of raising your children :) Good luck with that by the way! Haha
Try to see the light side of things today, don't stress yourself out unnecessarily and know that your child is learning :)

How many kids do you have? How old are they?

What do you do for work? Changing jobs and getting out of the house and having routine in your life will be a very positive step in helping you with your quit :) Just getting out and interacting with people and distracting your brain from thoughts of weed will be fabulous!

I do work; I'm a full time Graphic Designer :) I looove my job and have the best team at work! They really are my second family and I enjoy going to work - even on Mondays! Haha

Awww one of God's angels hey? That's so lovely!
No need to thank me for my support; talking to you helps me just as much as it helps you, I'm sure :)

Love chatting to you too Jay :)
EdenG

Postby IrishStonerGirl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi, just thought I'd jump in on your thread. I'm day 5 without smoking weed, can't say I'm struggling but would love a joint!!
I'm almost 40 and been smoking daily for about 20 years (only time I didn't smoke was when I was pregnant) I only smoked at night when kids in bed, day smoking always made me paranoid!
I loved smoking but it was controlling me, if I went out couldn't wait to come home to smoke, never invited people round because no-one knows I'm a pot smoker!! And if I'm honest, I don't want to be the 40 odd year old sneaking off to roll a joint.
My husband gave up a week before me and found it easy and said he doesn't miss it - we'll that was last weekend, I got cranky on tue and said I wanted a smoke he said 'he didn't break my balls when he stopped' so we haven't spoke since tue - nobody else knows I'm doing this so I'm really going it alone, love reading other posts and seems we started at the same time!!
IrishStonerGirl

Likes Received: 0

Postby EdenG » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 am

Hey IrishStonerGirl,

Totally understand what you mean about weed controlling you. I only smoked at night as well as I’ve got a full time job, but once getting home from work it was all I wanted to do. I felt like I was just working and smoking and letting life pass me by.
When out with friends I’d always be thinking about going home to smoke, etc.

Good on you for deciding it’s time to quit! Glad to hear your husband is doing it at the same time; even though your moods will be sh** at times, at least you can hopefully have sympathy for each other as you’ll understand what each other is going through. The main thing to remember is that you’re both doing it to improve your lives. I hope you guys stop giving each other the silent treatment soon :)

You will go through periods of being cranky and emotional (for apparently no reason), but it’s just your brain trying to adjust without the chemicals from weed.
Your brain will need to relearn how to produce things like dopamine, serotonin and melatonin on its own and that takes time. Sleep will be difficult for maybe 2-3 weeks and I found it really helpful to consult my GP to tell her what was going on with me.

I struggle with depression and anxiety and that’s why I was smoking - as a crutch to cope - but weed only helps temporarily and the underlying issues are still there.

I have already been taking antidepressants for a couple of years now and I see a psychologist regularly. However, I was prescribed Valium to help with my anxiety in the first month of getting off weed which really helped me. I would get anxious on my way home from work, knowing that I was going home to be alone and to my ever-thinking brain, without weed to help me get away from it.
As I work full time and couldn’t afford to take time off for the first couple of weeks of my quit, I couldn’t be sleepless at nights and so I bought some over the counter sleeping tablets as well. Just taking half of one of those at night would help me to get to sleep.

I found I woke up a fair few times per night for the first 2-3 weeks, but sleep gradually improved. I also experienced night sweats and vivid, nasty dreams. These also lasted about 2 weeks. Today I’m 13 weeks clean of weed and yes I still get the feeling I’d like to smoke, but I’m not going to. I’ve had a few bad nights sleep this week, but everyone experiences a bad nights sleep every now and then, so I don’t know whether to blame being off weed for that, or whether it’s just “normal” lol Have also had a couple of vivid, not so nice dreams this week.
I am enjoying remembering my dreams again though, and take comfort in the fact that they are just dreams.

I hope you’re currently sleeping well and that you have an enjoyable weekend :)

Thanks for being here!!
EdenG

Postby IrishStonerGirl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am

Hi eden, thanks for the reply!
We actually sound quite similar, I too have suffered with anxiety/depression for as long as I can remember maybe it was the weed that was actually causing it!
My husband and I are still not speaking, although we are going through the same thing he is extremely unsupportive and always has been. Everybody finds dealing with addiction different and he said (after the 1st week) to that he found it easy and didn't miss it, which is great for him but because he found it easy I'm ment to too if that makes sense? Same with my anxiety because he's never suffered he picks fights with me when I'm feeling down and loves to tell he how impossible I am to deal with......he hasn't even asked me how I'm doing :cry:
Well last night I had some wine (I love wine on the weekend :lol: ) and I didn't smoke - yippee! !! I had said I wasn't going to beat myself up if I smoked a ciggie but I didn't - I did use my e-cig for the 1st time since giving up.
I'm sleeping ok, do wake up a few times a night but the clear head and motivation the next morning is something I haven't experienced in years and it's great!! Oh and the night sweats have stopped!!!
Thanks gor the support eden, nice chatting to you! I'll pop in again later!
Hope your doing ok Jay?
IrishStonerGirl

Postby Dandysam123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi guys,

This thread has been really interesting and relatable to read from all participants.

I don't have a great deal to add, it is just nice that there are other people out there going through the same thing. It is amazing how in denial a lot of us have been about how much of a negative impact cannabis has had on our lives.

I'm very happy happy to be going on this journey with you all.

Hope you are all keeping strong!
Dandysam123

Likes Received: 2

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Hey people,

Got couple of grams at the weekend and had a bit of a relapse but am back on track now, I only ever smoke from a pipe which I have for years and I threw it into the fire last night!
Hi irish stoner girl, sorry for late reply, you sound exactly like me, I'd be just wishing the day away to smoke at night when kids in bed and it makes me go into my shell too much, would love to hear how your getting on without it? Hope your hubby is being a bit more supportive because this is a struggle nó doubt and very hard to break a habit!
Gonna keep this updated this week as I found it great when I started! Hope ye are doing well people:)
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby IrishStonerGirl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi jay, actually doing ok, did smoke a few fags when I was having wine but nothing again since Sunday! I have a bag of weed here, took it out and had a nice smell of it the other day :lol: for me if I didn't have it I'd go buy it but when it's here I find it easier!
Husband is ok - I think he doesn't want to admit that we had a problem with it so is making out like it's easy - that said he will have a ciggie if the craving is there.
I just go to bed early now to get away from it, reading a book again which is good.
Don't worry about the relapse - your on the right track and I think when you have it in your head you'll get there. I also keep thinking of the kids....my eldest is 10 now and in a few years hd is going to know the smell and think 'ah that's what my mom is smoking'......don't really want that!
Anyway, of to my leaba now! keep strong!!!
Chat soon!!
IrishStonerGirl

PreviousNext