Day 3 off weed struggling here!

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Hey everybody, have been reading a lot on here the past few days and it has really helped! I've smoked since I was a teenager and am now I'm my thirties and need to change!
I could ramble on and will in future posts if it helps me/anybody!
I've decided to give it up and asked my dealer not to contact me, he just did saying he has very nice new stuff so instead of replying to him I've decided to write this post and gonna keep a journal of my progress if that's cool with everyone!

I was once a very popular person and everyone admired my wit and humour and so on, fast forward 15 years or so and weed has slowly ripped my soul out of me and I can't go on like this anymore!
I had a great network of friends and now I feel like I haven't a friend in the world and I know deep down it's because of weed!

It's exciting because I've never known myself as an adult if you get me, I really want to discover myself and be the best I can be,! I've tried a few times but never get past a few days but am more determined this time

Thanks for all the great reading here it really helps

New wish me luck folks and hope the journal will be a positive 1
Irishweedfreeguy

Likes Received: 11

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 am

Hey all, it helped yesterday writing here when I thought I was gonna give in!

I didn't and I'm feeling stronger today, still struggling but know I won't give in today!
From somewhere I found the strength to do this and am so determined to change my life and be there more for my kids!

Maybe this isn't the place to be writings my thoughts and stuff, just thought it would be helpful to bounce off someone for support and helping each other but maybe you guys are busy with your own issues,

Here to help anyone if I can just pm me

Here's to a good positive day :D
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby tokeless » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 am

Hi and welcome.
Quitting imo is accepting we make choices in our behaviours. We try and explain/rationalise them when we don't really like them but feel we can't change them. Specifically we say weed helps us chill or relax and this justifies our using.
When we think of stopping we come up with new ones, such as I can't help it, can't handle it or I went to a friends house who smokes and guess what?.... there are a million reasons but all are linked to choices we make. Choose to quit and commit to it. There will be cravings and times when you'll want to just have one etc but they too are choices... keep choosing to not smoke and the choice becomes easier. There are no magic words or actions other than to question or challenge the thoughts you have and then choose what to do.. I.e manage the situation or craving.
Your dealer is losing your money so he will try and keep your source too. Delete his number and ignore any texts by deleting.
You can stop smoking.. you won't die if you don't smoke. You'll save money, feel better and become more sociable again... good luck in your choices.
tokeless

Likes Received: 196

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks very much for the reply!

Yes I feel somewhat similar to that,I have tried before but always made excuses and tricked my brain but this time it's different I'm seeing it in a different way, I know it's only day 4 but the I'm feeling better already in ways,I have way too much to lose and have lost/wasted a lot of time over the years but I'm focused going forward!
It's amazing how it creeps in on your life and takes over without you realising until you hit a point like me where I shocked myself when I stood back and really looked honestly at what it had taken from my life, I could go on and on because this mindset feels new for me and I wanna push myself so far out there that I can never go back down that road again

Peace tokeless, hope you have had a successful journey giving it up, may I ask how long your off it?
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby EdenG » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Irishweedfreeguy wrote:Maybe this isn't the place to be writings my thoughts and stuff, just thought it would be helpful to bounce off someone for support and helping each other but maybe you guys are busy with your own issues,

This most certainly is the place to be writing all your thoughts and stuff. Sometimes you won’t get replies, other times you will. But hey, as you said yourself, it helped you to write down your thoughts the other day when you thought you were going to give in and so writing here kept you sober. Who cares if people don’t reply? You’re helping you and that’s the most important thing in your journey right now.

Proud of you for deciding you’re ready to quit and wish you alllll the luck in the world :) This isn’t an easy path we’ve chosen, but it’ll feel damn good to reap the rewards once we’re over the hurdles this quit will throw at us. Be proud of yourself too!

Thanks for being here :)
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks dude for the support I appreciate it!

Yeah your right, don't get me wrong I wasn't hoping for loads of replies or anything just didn't want to be annoying people!

That's part of my personality now, I'm always assessing my behaviour and apologising for stuff I shouldn't but it will all change back I'm sure!

Just being on here makes me feel like I'm not alone in doing this and it's only lunchtime here but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow to being another day off it!

Sorry in advance if I throw all my thoughts and feelings on here but like you say I feel it helps so can only be a good thing!

Feeling strong!!
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby EdenG » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:43 pm

You’re not alone at all, we’re all here fighting the same battle with you :)
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Day 6 nearly done as I gave it up tuesday(had my last smoke Monday night) and it's been a bit of a roller-coaster emotionally but mostly positive!

So glad to have gotten over the weekend without it as my weekdays are more structured and am confident for the week ahead!

Life seems to be improving already in ways and have really opened up to my missus about it all and she is now very supportive and there to talk about it if I need to!

We had sex last night and if I'm honest I think it's the first time in years I have done it without being g high and it was amazing, I'm going back for more tonight lol

Met up with a friend today and had coffee and a chat and I would never have met up with him if I was smoking!

Night time sweats are crazy, bed is soaking last couple of nights and I have to change my t-shirt during night but from reading here they don't last!

Seeing all the similar stories here is helping so so much and gives me strength

Here's to the week ahead weed free and looking forward to having a dream soon

Just rambling here and not wording things correctly but I just need to keep this updated for myself and of course if I can help anyone I gladly will

Peace guys and girls
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby Pothead1990 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 am

Try, try, try and try again mate. It is hard, but very few things worth having are easy to come by.
Pothead1990

Likes Received: 4

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Cheers pothead,

Going very well so far overall and am nearly over the first week!
My mindset is in the right place and know I won't be smoking today!

I've had my fun with it and now it's no gun anymore I see it for what it is!

Excited to see how I feel in a couple of months, not being over-confident I'm just trying to keep positive:)
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby tokeless » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi again and well done. You sound positive and that helps because after the first few weeks of sweats and crazy dreams, which can be vivid and at times upsetting but completely normal. After that the battles are all in the mind.. the temptations, false confidence etc.. the belief you can modify your smoking etc. As I said initially it's about choices. Keep choosing to stay stopped and you'll be fine. Your relationship with your partner will keep improving as you stay off weed because it does get in the way.. the staying up to have another joint when she's gone to bed... just focus on the good feelings. Made up for you
tokeless

Likes Received: 196

Postby Just_existing » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,
Both of my sons are heavily addicted to weed. I see the very things you have described happening to them. I pray everyday that they see how much its affecting their lives in a very negative way. They need it when they wake up to function, the need it to get an appetite, they need it to sleep. It awful and I worry about them every day. One of them didn't start until he was out of high school, the other one started when he was in high school..
They say because it's natural that it's ok. They say its better than drinking. I can understand when people use it once in a while recreationally but that is not how they use it. I wish they would see how horribly they are affecting their lives in such a negative way. Whenever I have mentioned it in the past, they get defensive and angry. Just another red flag that it has become a real problem,
If it helps you in any way, I'm sure that your parents will be relieved that you want to do this. I know I would be.
I'm happy for you that you want to change your life and come out of that horrible soul eating fog!!!
Just_existing

Likes Received: 3

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm

What a difference a few hours makes!
Difficult evening and I'm very angry about pretty much everything and if it wasn't for this site I'd have gave in to be honest!
Just doubting myself and my mind is battling me, I'll try to remain positive but can see now why it is one day at a time
I just feel like total sh**... Hope tomorrow is better

I've opened up so much to my girl about it now I would feel like I'm letting her down and myself, I know if I had a smoke I would instantly regret it but god I would love a hit of my pipe to feel that throat **** ahhhhh!!

Gonna get an early night and keep reminding myself how and why I got to this stage!

Gonna have a read of some old threads cos it helps!
Gonna keep updating this and am surprised how much it helps
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby Irishweedfreeguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey just existing.
Sorry to hear about your sons issues and good on you for educating yourself here about it!
Anyone that I know who is a long term user, it seems to have a very negative effect on their lives in some way!
I've often made the same comparisons with alcohol and felt I deserved it and basically in total denial to my true self!
Let them know how disappointed you are that they have gone down that road and that you are always there for them
"I'll always be your friend even when you aren't mine" is what I always say to my kids:) I bet they make you proud in lots of ways and i hope they can ease off it or find the strength to give it up but they have to want it! Are they aware of this forum!?
Can't stress enough how helpful it is for me

My thoughts are with you
Irishweedfreeguy

Postby Jonok1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:39 am

I know where your at. Hope you stay strong.
Jonok1

Likes Received: 5

Next