Declaring Independence from Marijuana and Alcohol

Postby SFGayMan30s » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:51 am

Hello world,

I am a 38 year old, single, professional, gay man living in San Francisco. I have been smoking pot for the last 23 years, most heavily over the last 10. My frequency of use was 5-7 days per week and about two bong-bowls per day. I have many fond memories of it. I felt like it helped me create a sense of community and belonging with my other friends that enjoyed it just as much, although I was always the one that liked it the most. It relaxed me, and helped me get away from my daily-routine work/life thoughts, nervousness and anxiety. Or so I thought.

Over the years I have had several close people tell me how horrible marijuana was for me, including my mom, some friends, and a couple of exboyfriends. However, given that I have always had my career and personal financial and material home life together I did not really know why the objected so hard. It really did not matter anyway. I was not about to give it up.

Today I am 15 days pot-free.

As for alcohol. I did not really drink it until I was 21. After that I discovered that drinking definitely liberated my romantic and sexual side, especially in gay bars. I hated the way it made me feel the day after, but I loved the freedom and fun that it helped me have in the bars.

Today I am 25 days alcohol-free.

The many stories that I have read in websites like this one have been a tremendous inspiration. I have slowly come to realize that if I don't drastically change the way that I let alcohol and marijuana into my life then I run the risk for my personal, mental, professional and financial health to not reach its full potential. What worried me the most was the sense that my perceived happiness was directly associated with my consumption of these substances.

I wanted to break free. I wanted to be able to declare my independence from these and really come to know and understand my adult self.

The journey has been a lonely one. Most of the social events that I know of in San Francisco for gay men involved alcohol. I can still go and participate, and it is not hard to refuse to drink (for me at this stage), but I definitely have a sense of not being part of the group.

My aim and hope is that I can build a community of other non-users. I would love to hear people's experience with this. How long did it take to make these connections, and are there any tricks and or methods for better cultivating these new relationships.

I would like to one day to be able to really write these two substances (and all mind-altering substances harder than these two) away from my life. My goal is to have a healthy and strong family, and I now have come to see that this goal would be very difficult for me to have if I don't start making these choices now.

Thank you for reading this.

SFGayMan30s
SFGayMan30s

Likes Received: 12

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:47 pm

@ SFGayMan30s -

Hello friend, I have just read your post and I wanted to send you some tidings of reassurance, love, and hope.

It sounds like you have spent some time looking @ yourself deeply, that's a great start. In fact, you have already reached milestones that you should be pretty damn proud of. According to my calculations, you are @ about 20 days free of cannabis today, 30 days free of alcohol? That is awesome, for many, the first few weeks are absolute hell. The fact that you have already navigated these waters speaks volumes to your commitment and resilience. Good job! :)

Quick question, you mention your mother and some of your exes having had brought up your MJ use in the past? Would you kindly elaborate as to what kind of feedback they were providing you? I had people close to me in the past try to speak to me as well, but I always became defensive and told them to mind their own business. Even if I knew it was out of love, I'd pick something in their life to criticize so that they were also made very aware they weren't perfect, which I was not doing out of love.

In response to your question, rebuilding social groups can be very difficult. I totally understand that alcohol and dating tend to go hand-in-hand, especially in terms of lowering our inhibitions. Who doesn't want to feel slightly numb during those awkward social interactions? I would just say temporarily avoid those types of scenarios if they trigger you. Let people you are dating know you don't drink or use drugs. Focus on your career, family, life and it will all come. It helps me to know that life isn't always "greener" on the other side. Many of my colleagues, friends, etc, are battling substance abuse issues that they don't even know about yet. They are where I was, believing there is no issue. Some will eventually come to terms with their own demons and some, sadly, will never be real with themselves.

If it makes you feel better, I believe it took about 3-6 months to start building a new social network. I became less-interested in my party friends and starting focusing on having relationships with those who were focused on other things: education, careers, music, the arts, etc. It does not come overnight, but I can reassure you that the confidence and self-love you will encounter in sobriety is absolutely contagious, you will attract the right types of people into your life without even thinking about it. Just stay on the course, practice deferred gratification, and your new life will find you before you can even blink.

If you need anything, feel free to reach out. I'm on here at least 2x a day to stay motivated and help others who have battled the Goliath known as addiction. All the best and blessings, my friend! :) -Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 98

Postby SFGayMan30s » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 am

Dear asgoodasitgets,

Thanks so much for your reply. It was great to hear your thoughts and get your feedback on my post. Thank you for telling me to be proud of myself. I was touched by this.

You asked me to elaborate on the feedback that people that cared about me were giving me... Well, it really has varied. In my early 20s I dated an ex-boyfriend that called me "druggie" and "pot-head" several times, particularly when I felt like he was upset with me. I also had another ex-boyfriend that would call me "pot-head" also from time to time. Since my teen years I have had my mom tell me how bad pot was for me, and how it was a "gateway" drug.

The way that I usually dealt with these unwelcome comments on my MJ use was to walk away from those people. Those comments helped to put the "ex" in "ex-boyfriend", but it was not the only cause.

With my mom, well, it ended up more of like "don't ask, don't tell." However, I as I grew older I did not want to hide anything from my parents- which I never have been very good at anyway. So, about 3.5 years ago my parents came to visit me, and I wanted to show them how I truly lived- alcohol and pot use and all. I did not try much to hide my lifestyle. Needless to say they did not like my pot use, were very vocal about it, and they never visited again. However, we talk often on the phone and there is plenty of love in the relationship.

I think that my biggest turning point was about 3 years ago when I met a man whom I was really emotionally involved with. The relationship was a bit rocky from the beginning with bouts of a lot of affection followed by long periods of disconnect. I could not understand what was happening, and I longed for a deeper connection with this man. However, after several months of dating I discovered that he had a cocaine addiction problem which he kept really well hidden. Once I because aware of this all of my observations and experiences that I had in the relationship, and for which I was mostly always confused, started to make sense. I started to take notice on how the cocaine dependence was starting to take hold of his life. He was a very successful professional before starting to do cocaine, and his personal and professional, and love life started to deteriorate at the time that he started to use the drug. I ended the relationship (something that I still have tremendous guilt for- how can I leave someone in need? I tell myself) but vowed to myself that I would never be a slave to a chemical substance; at least I made that my goal. Since then I have had regular and long-term breaks from alcohol and marijuana.

Thank you for letting me know that it takes some time to make new connections with people. To know that is very reassuring. Today I was thinking of going out to dance (it is a Friday night), but I decided to stay in. I feel mixed emotions about this- it is great to relax, but I am a single man, alone in an apartment in the middle of a bustling city on a Friday night.

Overall thought I am excited to get to see this new substance-free world. I will be 39 in June, and I am looking forward to celebrating my life and my sobriety. I am excited for the this chapter of my life.

How about your journey? Did you have one moment or experience that put you over the threshold to be a sober person?

Thanks again for your message and reply, it is very much appreciated.
SFGayMan30s

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:29 am

@ SFGayMan30s -

Thank you for answering my questions regarding your family, it helps provide perspective. You cracked me up with that statement, put the "ex" in "ex-boyfriend." I totally get it though, in the past anybody who has dared to speak ill of my dirty little hobby would soon find themselves on the figurative chopping block. In fact, I'm the type of person that will quite often do the complete opposite, just out of pure spite. Tell me not to smoke? **** you, I'm gonna blaze a pound tonight, ROFL. Funny to think that I really believed I was showing them... :oops:

In reading your post I was looking back at my own romantic relationships and I'm pretty sure I filtered out potential girlfriends who might have posed a threat to my first love: weed. It's like my brain had some sort of THC screening system....oh, sh**, she is religious...she probably won't like my habit....uh-oh, this one seems smart...probably not a stoner....disengage! One particularly hurtful event I do recall occurred several years ago...it was during a very successful THC break that actually lasted 3 years. I had received a call from my first love, who I was engaged to before it ended for non-related reasons. For the entire length of our relationship I had been a grade-A pothead, delving into other various drugs. Well, we broke-up, I hit rock-bottom and decided to get off the herb. OK, fast-forward a year or two...I'm sober, highly functional, working at a F500 organization and kicking donkey. This girl calls me just to check-in. I proudly tell her that I manged to finally quit weed, expecting her full love, empathy, and support...HA, NOT. She was disappointed in me, like I told her I picked up smoking crack. That is how she saw me and would always see me. She didn't care that I was happier, healthier, none of that. I disappointed her because I guess I killed the identity of who she thought I was in her head. It stuck with me (and still has to this day) and was really hurtful. Well, I eventually got back on the herb...not related to this event...just crept back on me.

I'm sorry you got burned and had a missed love @ the hands of cocaine. Seriously though, you seem like an awesome dude and you don't need that...doesn't matter how hot/sweet/loving they are man, if they are suffering from debilitating addiction they are incapable of loving you in the capacity that you deserve. You are sounding like you are looking forward to a sober life and future and I imagine you'll want to pursue those who share in this vision.

I won't lie to you, yea it sucks staying in when everybody is partying down. I just find comfort in the solace, clarity, and hope I have now, knowing that many of my "partying" friends will probably find their way to sobriety eventually if they want to live a more purposeful life. In that way, I feel kind of ahead of them because nobody is immune to the disease of addiction...eventually it finds a way of catching up to people.

You asked about my journey, it's definitely a long one...but if I had to sum things up....my life had become unmanageable and every single thing I did every day pretty much revolved around getting high. My tolerance was f***ed and I felt like I was not getting stoned, so I decided to take a tolerance-break. On Day 2 I felt so hopeless and lost without weed that I decided to give it up, again. I have wanted to quit for some time now, I was just scared because I've gone through this in the past and knew what to expect in terms of physical withdrawal and emotional stress. Regardless, at the end of this past January I decided I was done for good. My depression and hopelessness were @ scary points and I spent a good deal of time each day thinking about dark things like disappearing from this world. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I woke up randomly one day and said to myself, "**** this." I got rid of clones I had been keeping alive for years, ditched my beautiful home-grown stash of flower, waxes, oils, etc. I mean seriously the clean-up process was ridiculous but also insightful as to how much of a stoner I had become. I'm still removing the paraphernalia from my house, I find pipes, blunts, and weed in the most random places: my car, the bathroom, the shower, hahaha....I can laugh about it new but seriously, WTF. I guess bottom line, I've outgrown this sh**. Got nothing bad to say about the plant or people who use it moderately...I'm just not one of those people...I'm an addict, a degenerate, and I like things that make me feel good...

Anyways, hope that gives you a bit of perspective. Love and blessings to you, my friend! You got this. I can't wait to hear about how awesome your life is in: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months. :)

All the best! -Alex
asgoodasitgets

Postby SFGayMan30s » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi asgoodasitgets,

Thanks for sharing your story about your first love. I can't believe that she was not thrilled about your then-new life without pot. I don't understand why she would be not happy about this!? She wanted you to keep smoking pot? I wonder what her intention with that was. I guess it speaks volumes about her readiness to be in a healthy relationship.

It has been interesting sharing these posts with you. Particularly the part about relationships. The more I think about it the more I see that some of my exes may have chosen me partly because I smoked pot! What I mean by this is that it sort of gave them the "okay" for them to abuse their own substances. My idea is that a good number of them thought that "hey, if he does that, then it is no problem for me to do this..." The crazy part about that is that it goes both ways. My experience leads me to believe that when they went through their self-loathing periods (and every person dependent on a substance goes through this) it was easier to hate on the boyfriend (me) than to loath themselves. And I was also guilty of it looking back on it.

What an "ah ha" moment for me. I am just realizing this.

One of my biggest motivations to get off alcohol and pot is to be able to be ready for a better partner for me. I don't want to repeat the emotional co-dependence that results from both partners having their own chemical dependence. I am ready for a better relationship that I can even imagine at this time.

But even without a relationship I am excited to be able to start connecting with people in a more genuine way.

Good job deciding on a new beginning for yourself too. That's awesome that you are on the path. It sounds like you got rid of a lot of materials things (plants, waxes, oils and so on) that had a high value for you. I can imagine how hard this was. But keep going man. It sounds like you gut instinct that this is the right thing for you is at least as strong as my gut instinct that I have about this being the best decision for me. My gut tells me that this (independence from alcohol and pot) is a prerequisite for my next step in my journey. I don't know what this next step is- yet. But it is coming! I feel it in my soul. Now I have to rise up to the moment. I don't want to get caught un-prepared, especially given my gut instinct being so clear.

I sometimes think about my many years of alcohol and pot use as sort of- okay get ready, this is abit geek- being stuck in "The Matrix". People in the matrix like it, even when they know that it is a fake world. The real world is full of cold and hard places. Yet, it is where real love and connection is found. I have wanted to be in the Matrix. Now, I am craving reality.

I send blessing your way. Keep up the good work too, and surround yourself with love.

JC
SFGayMan30s

Postby EdiBee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am

Hi JC,
I want to congratulate you for this decision of quitting weed and alcohol.

I find it very interesting how, by these forums, we come to know we're not alone in the same situation. For instance, your decision to stop drinking alcohol, it's the same decision I made 3 weeks ago. That one I find it tougher than quitting weed, because it seems more common. I don't know how I will manage it this summer. A cold beer will always be very tempting under the sun, with friends or a lover. I'll see, by then, but I'd like very much to stay firm in my resolve.

In my case, it is because I know that if I drink one beer, then it's another one, then a glass of wine, and so on, and then anything can happen, because deep down inside of me I know I will always be this guy who loves to party. So, as I'm drunk, someone will offer me a joint, and I'll say f*** it, it's summer! But I know this is not the right path. I know myself. I have to change these patterns. It is not easy. I call it my little revolution. But I know I can, one step at a time.

Good day or night to you all,
Ed
EdiBee

Likes Received: 11

Postby SFGayMan30s » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:10 am

Hi Ed,

Congratulations not using alcohol for three weeks. That's awesome, and I hope that you are celebrating that accomplishment. Well done.

I sense that you are nervous about being around people and or events that may trigger you to drink alcohol. Like "asgoodasitgets" advised me, it may be best to stay away from these triggering events as much as possible.

One thing that helps me when I get nervous about lighting up or drinking again is that I start to imagine what I want (healthy, strong and a present-minded experience), and not what I don't want (lighting up and drinking again). It does not always work, but when it does, it helps me carry me over to the next substance free day. Another trick that has helped me is to have a "vision board" where I put/write all of the things that I want my life to be.

Here is what has worked for me: I get up, and I immediately give the universe thanks for another day. I proceed to thank the universe for the many good things and people that it has provided me, and for the abundance of whatever good things your life is flooded with (it can be oxygen, light, a nice resting surface... whatever comes to you), after this I go to my vision board and I remind myself of what life I am creating and requesting help from the universe. It has helped me tremendously. I put having a healthy mind and not using pot and alcohol in there.

It sounds like we are describing our journeys in a similar way- you call it a "revolution" and I call it "declaring independence." I find it stellar. That's exactly what it is, a paradigm shift that needs to occur in order for our existence in this earth to be liberated for us to be able to fulfil our divine calling,

Sorry that I got a bit religious there- I am not religious at all- I just believe that there are forces much greater than us.

I send wishes of health, emotional and physical strength and LOVE your way.

JC
SFGayMan30s

Postby EdiBee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Thanks for those great advices and words of wisdom, JC.

I am a spiritual person too so this all has a true meaning for me.

The one thing that I find hard too, is to be evasive to old friends who still smoke and drink. There's this guy, whom I saw a lot these last years, and even if I don't call him and have said to him that I quitted pot and alcohol, he still looks after me. He's alone, like me, the difference it's that I am happy in this healthy loneliness because I am changing patterns. He is part of the old pattern, though. And I don't want to hurt him telling him that I don't want to see him anymore. It's not easy. Anyways, it's part of the process. How do you manage that? You said that it has been a lonely path for you as well.

Have a good day in sunny west coast JC.

Ed
EdiBee

Postby SFGayMan30s » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:25 pm

@ EdiBee

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your message. The way that you describe how you feel about your friend makes me think that you are a kind soul. You are placing the emotional and relationship needs of your friend high up there. They are important to you. That's what good friends do.

However, I would invite you to place your current needs of healing yourself, before the needs of your friend. At least at this moment. Does this mean that you have to be selfish? Yes. It does. But in the long run you'll be stronger, and you'll be able to help your friend and other people better because of your greater emotional and mental strength. For now, it may be a good idea to really tell your friend the truth- and be clear with him with asking him with what you need. If he is a good friend, a real friend, he'll support you. If he does not, then he is either too sick to be a good friend or maybe he falls below the bar of a good friend. But give him a good chance and the room to be able to be a friend to you.

For me, I have had to give up hanging out with certain people because I know my natural tendencies to go with the flow around other people. Meaning that if there is someone that is smoking pot around me, I am more likely to participate in the smoking. I just know myself. So every day I have to make a new decision that I'll do everything possible to decrease the changes of me using pot by not being around people that use pot. Even friends.

"asgoodasitgets" said that it takes some months to really recreate a healthy friend-network. I am just about 1.25 months into this journey, so I have some time to go. But I am looking forward to seeing what's over the riverbend.
SFGayMan30s

Postby asgoodasitgets » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 pm

I think about my life like constructing a building....you gotta have a solid foundation but before you even start you need a plan, permits, a blueprint. Lots of us who are attempting this have a blueprint for how we envision our future. That said, just because we can see it, doesn't mean the works done.

Building anything significant or worthwhile or memorable takes time and energy. The world build implies construction, fabrication, something out of nothing...

So a life without weed had to be built. It will be worthwhile and memorable and amazing, but we gotta build it first. There are multiple stages we go through like with any project.

OK I'm on mobile and writing on a cell phone is the epitome of annoying, especially with my clumsy, fat finger syndrome. Blessings and sorry for any typos/grammatical errors. -Alex
asgoodasitgets

Postby EdiBee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:47 am

Thank you JC, but I think I am more like you do because I am trying to avoid people and situations that could bring me back to my weed smoking lifestyle. That is why I am avoiding my friend, but anyway, I am supposed to meet him next week, just to say hello. He's having a bad time, so it could help. And that's why I quit alcohol too, because it makes me want to smoke and take drugs. I become crazy when I do all this stuff and then I act insane o simply stupid. I am tired of being irrational. So these are actually the two situations I am avoiding the most - and the reason of my lonely life at this moment - not seeing people who smoke and people who drink! That's a lot of people!

But as I can see, you and a lot of other fellow contributors in this forum are in the same situation, having even stopped alcohol in order to not smoke again. I think it's wonderful. These days I am feeling so much more sensibility, it's astonishing. I had break up with my ex girlfriend six months ago - and although we were together for nearly 4 years, I felt relieved because it was a very difficult relationship. So I was not very sad at the moment, o so I thought. But I was still smoking and drinking a lot. And these days, I am not drinking nor smoking anymore, and a lot of memories are coming back, a lot of hidden feelings. It's sad and beautiful at the same time. I feel like I am discovering my true self, so to speak, without fog or filters. I am very moved by this and I know this is due to my new life. I am so grateful for it.

And Alex has put a good analogy there, building this new life without weed. It's true, and a lot of rewards come every day.
EdiBee

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 am

@ JC/SFgayman30s

I have been thinking of you. How are you, my friend. I hope you are finding success in your endeavors. If you can, could you kindly provide an update....

All the best,

Alex
asgoodasitgets

Postby SFGayMan30s » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:37 am

Hi Alex/ asgoodasitgets,

Thanks for the message.

I have had my ups and downs, but I am sticking with my commitment to myself. Meaning that I continue on my journey of no pot and alcohol.

However, this last week has been mentally rough to say the least. My level of anxiety, especially with work-related issues, has been close, if not completely at, an all-time-climax. This week I threw (with words) a coworker out of my office because she was being very unreasonable and inconsiderate on some of her work-related requests. In the past I would have just followed the flow and waited for her to leave. But no, not this week, I told her in no uncertain ways to get out of my office. I did call her the same day and asked her to join me again- extending an olive branch. But I knew within myself that I am a bit more anxious and stress than normal.

The confounding factor here is that work is very busy. But in the past, this has not been enough for me to lose my cool.

But yeah, for some reason, this past week was not fun at all. I have had urge to go to one of my local dispensaries (there are five in a three block radius) and get a tasty blunt- but I have resisted. A couple of weeks ago I was walking to one because I was thinking that "well, hell, it is Friday night, and my friend is late, it won't hurt.... " Thank goodness that I ended up going grocery shopping. So that was a near derail right there.

In regards to urges to drink- I have very few. Since I stopped drinking alcohol, I have only craving for red-wine once, and this was two days ago. But the urge quickly subsided.

Today I had lunch with the exboyfriend, and a lot of emotions came through. Lots of sadness for the end of the relationship. But I also felt a lot of love and goodness towards him. He is another soul trying to make the best path in this world.

How are you doing? What's going on in your end?

I send love and blessings your way, Alex.

JC
SFGayMan30s

Postby asgoodasitgets » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Hello JC,

I am doing well my friend. Today is a special day for me, it's my one-month weediversary. I can't believe I have managed to hang on, it has been a very difficult and emotional 4 weeks for me. Regardless, I am incredibly proud of myself and know in my heart and mind how unprecedented this is for someone with my level of addiction. I was never a moderate smoker, I was dabbing high-quality product from sunrise to sunset, so yea, it's been a bit of a shock to my system.

I hear you on losing your temper with your colleague, it's amazing how pacified I was inebriated. Now that I'm sober as a priest on Sunday, I have definitely had difficulty at times controlling my emotions. Not so much with others, mainly with myself. Anger has been presenting itself here and there and I have to be careful to keep it in check.

I never plan on returning to the weed. We have had some excellent times, but I do feel that our affair has run its course. I have had to isolate myself from people who do not respect or understand my journey. A large portion of my peers, I feel, don't understand my struggle. They don't like that I've quit, maybe because it holds up a mirror to themselves. Or maybe because they feel I am judging their lifestyle, which I have been super careful not to. I always explain that this has nothing to do with weed, it's my own addiction that is an issue, I'm just not a moderate person.

I get that marijuana isn't a "hardcore" drug like heroin, speed, or meth. That said, it's relatively benign nature is what makes it dangerous in my humble opinion. I read the below on a Reddit thread and I can't describe my own emotions better, so I will borrow from someone who wrote:

Weed won't kill you but it will kill who you could be. It's easy to forget that emotions we become some numb to are feedback. They tell us when we are uncomfortable and they push us to overcome whatever situation we are in. Weed makes us comfortable with being uncomfortable. That sh** job you are stuck in? Don't worry about it. You can smoke and chill out right after your shift is done.That huge test you are studying for? You're really stressed out. Maybe a little toke will make you more focused.

All weed really does is freeze you in time. The world will keep spinning and your peers will progress through life while you live the same day in a smoke filled haze. Isn't it better to feel emotions? Isn't it better to cherish the boredom you feel that motivates you to pick up a guitar, go to the gym, or otherwise be productive? Think about all you could've accomplished if so much time and money weren't spent on a disassociating from the real you.

Weed is the most dangerous drug in the world because of how safe it is. It takes the potential of all that you could ever be and makes you content with what you are. It's sad to think I've felt much more human and alive these past few weeks than I have these past few years of daily smoking. I'm angry that I've let myself be okay with a mediocre life but I'm putting everything I can into changing that.

The above really resonates with me, I had become content with a very mediocre existence. The hardest part for me now is the fear I face from having to rebuild my life from the ground up. This isn't weeds fault though, it's mine. I was content with my less than mediocre existence because I had the ability to numb myself. Now that I've taken my crutch away, I'm facing my emotions full-force for the first time in years. It is both equally exciting and scary.

I am absolutely thankful for this group in helping me to recognize that this issue is not unique to me. Marijuana very well may be benign for a large portion of the population, but it definitely isn't for me. I am an addict and I abuse anything that I like. As such, I am still a huge proponent of legalization. I have nothing against weed except it's role in my life. I don't believe that jailing or punishing smokers is the way to treat a progressive disease like addiction. I know that my own healing has to start from the inside out, and I can't change the world, only how I interact with it.

I hope you are doing well. Keep fighting the good fight. Also, to anyone reading this, just know that it does get better. I would be hard pressed to find someone who smoked as much weed and extracts as I did, so if I can do it, you can also. As always, feel free to reach out if you need anything...there is a life for us all outside of the haze.

Love and blessings to the community! -Alex
asgoodasitgets

Postby SFGayMan30s » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:25 am

@ asgoodasitgets

Alex,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Well done. Happy one-month weediversary! Your actions and words are inspiring to me and others. Well done. Especially after the long road and long life of using pot.

You have demonstrated a tremendous conviction and strength. Thank you for sharing it with me.

I look forward to you letting us know about 2 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year and so on weedaversaries.

Your post from Reddit was powerful. Thanks for sharing it. The first sentence is powerful:

"Weed won't kill you but it will kill who you could be."

I don't want to look back at my life and wonder what I could have been if I just stopped smoking and drinking. I want to know what life has in-store for me, and I want to be present for what it'll bring me.

Alex, I am very excited for you, and I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Keep going dude! We are rooting for you.

JC
SFGayMan30s

Next