Is this withdrawal?

Postby owen86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:21 am

It is definitely not just you my insomnia is kicking my backside at the moment I am averaging 2-3 hours a night this week and like yourself my anxiety is centred around sleeping and bedtime. I just become more and more anxious as the day goes on thinking about not sleeping and then by bedtime I'm so worked up I can't sleep even though I'm absolutely shattered. I am seriously considering getting some sleep meds now as this is just ruining every evening for me just sitting there panicking. Like you I am trying to deal with it and exercising but it seems to have no pattern and is at its worst this week. My main fear is that insomnia will kill me I'm not sure how but my stupid brain has irrationalised it this way.
owen86

Likes Received: 11

Postby owen86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm

It's definitely not just you I am experiencing exactly the same thing at the moment i haven't really slept much this week averaging about 3 hours a night so far. My anxiety goes crazy at bedtime now because I panic about being the only one awake in the house basically my brain is being ridiculous and keeps telling me that this will kill me etc. I try really hard to ignore this bs but I obsess about sleep to the point where I cant relax or sleep. Is there a pattern to your insomnia or is it just random?
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Pretty random. Last night I didn’t sleep at all. It’s like if I don’t fall asleep when I lay down then I won’t sleep at all. I don’t get more tired as the night goes on. It’s hell man. I was having a decent week. Now I just feel like this is who I am, a debilitated insomniac. A really think it’s the worst thing that can ever happen to someone.
jmh335

Likes Received: 3

Postby owen86 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Mines pretty random as well never on the same night two weeks in a row. The last couple of days I have found it really helpful to be mindful of my surroundings and just be in the moment forcing it all to the back of my mind and gradually becoming more and more calm about it. I know what you mean by if you don't fall asleep straight away then you wont sleep at all but I just think to myself that I never used to be a straight 8 hours a night person anyway I used to get 5 or 6 hours a night for years sometimes less. The key I think is to try and keep yourself calm because if you let yourself get that wound up there's no way you will sleep easily.
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Ya it’s such a pain. I guess we just have to keep on pushing. Don’t really have another choice.
jmh335

Postby jmh335 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

I should also mention that I had the stomach flu today. I think that contributed to some of my insomnia. I was sweating all night and thought I was just hot. Then today threw up every single second for about 7 hours. Literally one of the worst experiences of my life. Whole body was shaking, felt like I was going to pass out, and was throwing up blood at the end. Terrible.
jmh335

Postby jmh335 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Anxiety pretty high today. I’m just going to keep pushing. It’s going to be a long journey I know. Can’t wait for the summer. Less stress and better weather.
jmh335

Postby owen86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Bloody hell that illness doesn't sound too nice. Just out of interest do you drink alcohol at all because I'm fairly sure me having a couple of beers every other day for the last 5 Months have prolonged my symptoms and made my insomnia worse if anything. I am abstaining from alcohol now, my insomnia got worse for a week last week after stopping drinking but the last 3 nights I have slept fairly well touch wood this will continue. What has really helped me as well is 7 seas perfect 7 marine oil and vitamins well worth getting in my opinion.
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 pm

I don’t drink alcohol at all anymore. It doesn’t make me feel good tbh, it just reminds me that I’m not high because I’ve been high almost every single time that I’ve drank alcohol. Completely different feeling.

Also during my 2nd to last quit, I literally got to the point where I was telling people that I didn’t have a sleeping problem. (About 3 months in, following extremely regimented schedule) ended up getting a 4.0 that summer semester. During the week off between semesters, stupid me decided not to follow the schedule and drink with my friends and gf. I then get terrible anxiety and depression. Then I dropped out of school. Biggest mistake of my life. I should be graduating this may, instead I have 2 more years to go and I’m 1 month into my quit....

But hey this is what I get I guess, play with fire and you’ll get burnt.
jmh335

Postby owen86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I just liked having a couple of beers every other day but realised it was contributing to dragging out my symptoms since stopping my anxiety has been about 10 times as mild. Combined with taking omega 3 oil and magnesium b supplement every morning which honestly shouldnt be underestimated it has made me feel much better in myself. I had a weird one last night where I decided at 2 am that I hadnt been to sleep so got up and went for a drive to relax myself and after about 10 minutes remembered the dream I had been having. Realised I had been asleep for a good 2 and a half hours went hone got back into bed and slept til my alarm went off a 5.30am. stupid f***ing brain
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm

That happens to me sometimes too! You suddenly realize that you are awake after like 2 hrs. You have no idea if you have slept or not. It’s the weirdest thing. I’ll have to look into tho supps, all I really take now is a multi vitamin.
jmh335

Postby owen86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 pm

I also found that I was trying to go to bed earlier and earlier in the evening to try and get to sleep. Didn't work so I have reverted to staying up til half 11ish then going to bed which I have done for the last 17 odd years and it seems to have worked so far. I was becoming so panicked about sleeping it was affecting every single part of my life all I thought about all day was bed time and laying awake for hours finding a way to put it right out of your mind helps loads. Getting up early and out with my dogs before work for a couple of miles walk and then the same again in the evening makes my anxiety disappear almost immediately if I'm having a sh** day
owen86

Postby jmh335 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Ya I do the same, get in bed around 11 and I’m up by 730. Exercise definitely helps. My illness the past few days has prevented me from exercising. Hope to start again tomorrow.
jmh335

Postby jmh335 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Sounds like you are doing a lot better btw!
jmh335

Postby owen86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Yeah since I started taking the omega 3 oils etc, exercising and have knocked coffee and beer on the head I'm feeling ok at the moment thank God, last week was a bit tough but I have just kind of accepted now that this is a temporary sh** situation that I have to go through to get away from weed. It has made me literally hate it
owen86

PreviousNext