Decided to stop taking Benzos!

Postby dannyap12 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum. I just thought Id reach out. After years of use I've decided to take control of my life and stop taking Klonopin. I've been on it for years. I'm not stopping cold turkey as I almost killed myself last time I did that. I was wondering if someone else here has been through this and how you would recommend for me to detox myself. I was taking high doses of 2 to 3 mg per day for years. But I cant do this anymore. I cant keep living my life depending on these pills. I want to be able to stop forever. Im serious about this. Im bipolar and I have depression and anxiety desorder. Ive currently started taking 1 mg a day and Ive been doing this for the last 3 days. Bit of trouble sleeping but I can manage. I was thiking of taking .5 after that until Im down to nothing. Any advice? Please and thanks!
dannyap12

Likes Received: 3

Postby JoeBloggs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:49 pm

I would come off benzodiazepines only with help from a doctor be it a regular doctor or a psychiatrist.
JoeBloggs

Likes Received: 46

Postby dannyap12 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:09 pm

JoeBloggs wrote:I would come off benzodiazepines only with help from a doctor be it a regular doctor or a psychiatrist.

Thanks! Yes I have an appointment set up in about two weeks with my Psychiatrist and youre right. I hate trhis addiction. Cant wait to be over it.
dannyap12

Postby exstonerinhell » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm

dannyap12 wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum. I just thought Id reach out. After years of use I've decided to take control of my life and stop taking Klonopin. I've been on it for years. I'm not stopping cold turkey as I almost killed myself last time I did that. I was wondering if someone else here has been through this and how you would recommend for me to detox myself. I was taking high doses of 2 to 3 mg per day for years. But I cant do this anymore. I cant keep living my life depending on these pills. I want to be able to stop forever. Im serious about this. Im bipolar and I have depression and anxiety desorder. Ive currently started taking 1 mg a day and Ive been doing this for the last 3 days. Bit of trouble sleeping but I can manage. I was thiking of taking .5 after that until Im down to nothing. Any advice? Please and thanks!

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php

I would check out those two links. The first for some idea on a good way to taper off that 'might' help you make the entire process a lot less painful and more manageable.

The second is a great place for support, specifically the Success Stories portion of it to help you understand that there is life after benzos, it's just going to take some time. Good luck, man.
exstonerinhell

Postby laureat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:32 am

from my experience

i think one of the most important i learned is how you set goals in life

we make ourselves anxious because how we approach and what we expect from life

your mind gets busy with the future and you cant focus what you are about to do this week, and anxiety depression

emotions depend on your way of thinking and drugs cannot help you change your way of thinking, benzodiazepines only help you relax muscles of the body and the brain but it doesnt change how you think,
laureat

Likes Received: 108

Postby exstonerinhell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQRERg ... Nxg/videos

That link is from a lady who went through a 7 month taper at 1.5MG Klonopin after like 10 years of use. She got out on the other end just fine. Hope for the best for you.
exstonerinhell

Postby dannyap12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Thank you all Im really struggling with this and Im scared as hell.. I went through withdrawal once and I honestly though about suicide a lot.. It was bad.. I dont wanna go though this again..
dannyap12

Postby dannyap12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:29 pm

laureat wrote:from my experience

i think one of the most important i learned is how you set goals in life

we make ourselves anxious because how we approach and what we expect from life

your mind gets busy with the future and you cant focus what you are about to do this week, and anxiety depression

emotions depend on your way of thinking and drugs cannot help you change your way of thinking, benzodiazepines only help you relax muscles of the body and the brain but it doesnt change how you think,

Thank you so much for your reply!
dannyap12

Postby dannyap12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:30 pm

That link is from a lady who went through a 7 month taper at 1.5MG Klonopin after like 10 years of use. She got out on the other end just fine. Hope for the best for you.[/quote]

Thank you so much!
dannyap12

Postby dannyap12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:33 pm

exstonerinhell wrote:
dannyap12 wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum. I just thought Id reach out. After years of use I've decided to take control of my life and stop taking Klonopin. I've been on it for years. I'm not stopping cold turkey as I almost killed myself last time I did that. I was wondering if someone else here has been through this and how you would recommend for me to detox myself. I was taking high doses of 2 to 3 mg per day for years. But I cant do this anymore. I cant keep living my life depending on these pills. I want to be able to stop forever. Im serious about this. Im bipolar and I have depression and anxiety desorder. Ive currently started taking 1 mg a day and Ive been doing this for the last 3 days. Bit of trouble sleeping but I can manage. I was thiking of taking .5 after that until Im down to nothing. Any advice? Please and thanks!

I would check out those two links. The first for some idea on a good way to taper off that 'might' help you make the entire process a lot less painful and more manageable.

The second is a great place for support, specifically the Success Stories portion of it to help you understand that there is life after benzos, it's just going to take some time. Good luck, man.

Awesome thanks!
dannyap12

Postby exstonerinhell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm

dannyap12 wrote:Thank you all Im really struggling with this and Im scared as hell.. I went through withdrawal once and I honestly though about suicide a lot.. It was bad.. I dont wanna go though this again..

You really, REALLY, need to go for a slow taper on your withdrawal. Even if it takes you months and months to do. It's not going to be easy, but you need to make a soft landing and not go off too fast. Take some time researching the links I gave you, spend some time on the benzobuddies site, ask questions. Your fears are going to be alleviated by knowing what's ahead of you (even if it's scary at first), just know you'll have a long road ahead of you but you CAN do it and time will be your best ally here.

Your body WILL heal from Benzo use, it'll just take time.
exstonerinhell

Postby dannyap12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:23 pm

exstonerinhell wrote:
dannyap12 wrote:Thank you all Im really struggling with this and Im scared as hell.. I went through withdrawal once and I honestly though about suicide a lot.. It was bad.. I dont wanna go though this again..

You really, REALLY, need to go for a slow taper on your withdrawal. Even if it takes you months and months to do. It's not going to be easy, but you need to make a soft landing and not go off too fast. Take some time researching the links I gave you, spend some time on the benzobuddies site, ask questions. Your fears are going to be alleviated by knowing what's ahead of you (even if it's scary at first), just know you'll have a long road ahead of you but you CAN do it and time will be your best ally here.

Your body WILL heal from Benzo use, it'll just take time.

Thank you I will!!
dannyap12

Return to Addictions