Quit journal

#90

Postby DefiedOdds » Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 pm

I was weening myself off of the stuff over the past month- but I don't know how far that will go during the next month or so. I only had one guy I went through and he is understanding about it. That had to feel good though! I know what you mean about paying for your dealers house with what you spent, I just know it was a waste in the long run- but it always takes a mistake to realize the true order of things!
DefiedOdds
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 pm
Likes Received: 5


#91

Postby George from UK » Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 am

DAY 33

Hello again. Feeling mostly positive. I noticed feeling bored a bit more the last few days. But smoking weed 24/7 will lead one to live a boring life i suppose. Smoking weed constantly made an intolerable situation tolerable for most of my life.

Just a couple of things i want to add today. Firstly i heard someone say weed is harmless and they've never knows anyone to sell there belonging or become homeless from smoking weed. Lol. they never met me then did they!

I sold everything i owned nearly to buy weed and beer. The last thing i sold was last year, My playstation and games.

Yesterday my neurological disease kicked in and told me how a few beers would feel amazing. My response was: 'Awww yes i know it would poorly brain, i know it would feel great. But we're not allowed drugs are we, remember!' :-)

We're (me and my addict brain) aren't allowed drugs in the same way a person with type 2 diabetes walks in to a shop and craves junk food and isn't allowed that.

George
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#92

Postby Cali-Detroit » Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 am

Hey Sober G! Good insights, and a hearty slap in the back of the head to whomever says it's just harmless. How about losing things that are beyond material value? What price do you put upon time lost, dreams deferred, ambitions unfulfilled? I could go on, but suffice it to say, folks like that are talking out there bloody, buggery arseholes.

Ok, calming down a bit now...you're right on man, this a brain thing, through and through and unless you've walked in our shoes, there's not a way to know what's what.

On a lighter note, I couldn't help but think this dialogue you were describing would make a hilarious Monty Python sketch, lol! Seriously need to write that. The vans would most definitely have to make an appearance as well, hA!

Alright, hang tough and good on you for staying strong. Take care
Cali-Detroit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm
Likes Received: 57

#93

Postby George from UK » Wed May 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Hey Sober G! Good insights, and a hearty slap in the back of the head to whomever says it's just harmless. How about losing things that are beyond material value? What price do you put upon time lost, dreams deferred, ambitions unfulfilled? I could go on, but suffice it to say, folks like that are talking out there bloody, buggery arseholes.

Ok, calming down a bit now...you're right on man, this a brain thing, through and through and unless you've walked in our shoes, there's not a way to know what's what.

On a lighter note, I couldn't help but think this dialogue you were describing would make a hilarious Monty Python sketch, lol! Seriously need to write that. The vans would most definitely have to make an appearance as well, hA!

Alright, hang tough and good on you for staying strong. Take care



Haha, agreed, my friend! Hope you're doing well too?

Sober Gee
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#94

Postby George from UK » Thu May 24, 2018 6:46 pm

DAY 34

Feeling good today. Very good in-fact. Life is slowly coming together. I've got more done is these few weeks iIve quit weed and alcohol than i would have done in months or maybe even years.

I can't help but think how far i would be on in life if i'd quit and stayed quit in the first place haha

Sober G
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#95

Postby Cali-Detroit » Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Right on brother, I hear ya. I think the same thing every single day. But that's the past, moving on to the future.

Day 50 for me, going well so far, but a lot of sharp edges too. I noticed you do jitsu...I think excercise would do me good, but I can't get off my backside for some reason. Do you find it helps you?
Cali-Detroit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm
Likes Received: 57

#96

Postby Bagobones » Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm

George from UK wrote:DAY 34

Feeling good today. Very good in-fact. Life is slowly coming together. I've got more done is these few weeks iIve quit weed and alcohol than i would have done in months or maybe even years.

I can't help but think how far i would be on in life if i'd quit and stayed quit in the first place haha

Sober G


Seems you have met a Californian, Sober G! It does not take a long time after you meet a Californian that likes you, before you have a new nickname! hehe. :) My experience anyway...

I just want to remind you guys, you cant change the past! The past is gone. The past is experiences and memories. The past is for learning from! You got the present and the future. Thats the important ones.Those you can control.

And you will feel better about yourselves as time goes by. I promise. In a year from now, those feelings are mostly gone. And you feel proud of yourselves!
Bagobones
Full Member
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm
Likes Received: 86

#97

Postby Bagobones » Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Right on brother, I hear ya. I think the same thing every single day. But that's the past, moving on to the future.

Day 50 for me, going well so far, but a lot of sharp edges too. I noticed you do jitsu...I think excercise would do me good, but I can't get off my backside for some reason. Do you find it helps you?


You asked sober G, but I can chime in. I have a purple belt in BJJ, from waaaay back when. Yes it does. Especially if you struggle with "sharp edges". All fullcontact fighting sports is good for getting aggression out, and I find its very good for mental strength and concentration too. Being a slow guy, also from smoking so much weed, boxing and thai boxing was really good for speed, coordination and concentration..
Not to mention the endorphines and adrenaline. Very good for sleeping, depression or anger related to quitting weed.
Bagobones
Full Member
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm
Likes Received: 86

#98

Postby George from UK » Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Right on brother, I hear ya. I think the same thing every single day. But that's the past, moving on to the future.

Day 50 for me, going well so far, but a lot of sharp edges too. I noticed you do jitsu...I think excercise would do me good, but I can't get off my backside for some reason. Do you find it helps you?


Contrats on day 50 that is superb! Yeah i'm a blue belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. If you live anywhere near Torrance, LA I'd highly recommend The GJJ Headquarters there! I love GJJ/BJJ And highly recommend it to anyone regardless of age size, experience etc

George
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#99

Postby George from UK » Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Bagobones wrote:
George from UK wrote:DAY 34

Feeling good today. Very good in-fact. Life is slowly coming together. I've got more done is these few weeks iIve quit weed and alcohol than i would have done in months or maybe even years.

I can't help but think how far i would be on in life if i'd quit and stayed quit in the first place haha

Sober G


Seems you have met a Californian, Sober G! It does not take a long time after you meet a Californian that likes you, before you have a new nickname! hehe. :) My experience anyway...

I just want to remind you guys, you cant change the past! The past is gone. The past is experiences and memories. The past is for learning from! You got the present and the future. Thats the important ones.Those you can control.

And you will feel better about yourselves as time goes by. I promise. In a year from now, those feelings are mostly gone. And you feel proud of yourselves!


Thanks for that, dude, means alot to me!

George
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#100

Postby George from UK » Thu May 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Bagobones wrote:
Cali-Detroit wrote:Right on brother, I hear ya. I think the same thing every single day. But that's the past, moving on to the future.

Day 50 for me, going well so far, but a lot of sharp edges too. I noticed you do jitsu...I think excercise would do me good, but I can't get off my backside for some reason. Do you find it helps you?


You asked sober G, but I can chime in. I have a purple belt in BJJ, from waaaay back when. Yes it does. Especially if you struggle with "sharp edges". All fullcontact fighting sports is good for getting aggression out, and I find its very good for mental strength and concentration too. Being a slow guy, also from smoking so much weed, boxing and thai boxing was really good for speed, coordination and concentration..
Not to mention the endorphines and adrenaline. Very good for sleeping, depression or anger related to quitting weed.


This guy is a higher rank than me so what ever he says goes! hehe

Thanks man

George
George from UK
Full Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 63

#101

Postby Cali-Detroit » Thu May 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Excellent replies gentlemen, thank you. I really feel its the physical movement that I'm missing here, my lady swears by it, and at me about getting off my Duff and just doing it, lol.

I'm more tired than I ever was before, even when I was high. I don't get it, body and brain have checked out for time being. More aches and pains too, but perpetually stoned for 20 years, I suppose I might miss some signs.

Someone just choke me out already, Christ.
Kidding of course...kind of
Cali-Detroit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm
Likes Received: 57

#102

Postby Bagobones » Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 am

Cali-Detroit wrote:Excellent replies gentlemen, thank you. I really feel its the physical movement that I'm missing here, my lady swears by it, and at me about getting off my Duff and just doing it, lol.

I'm more tired than I ever was before, even when I was high. I don't get it, body and brain have checked out for time being. More aches and pains too, but perpetually stoned for 20 years, I suppose I might miss some signs.

Someone just choke me out already, Christ.
Kidding of course...kind of


Jitsu has a many nice ways to strangle someone.. I could do with the repetition. hehe.

Oh, I was married to a Berkeley gymrat for a decade. I know all about getting sweared at for being out of shape by a lady. And you know what, my dear ex wife was right. I should have listened to her. I was misserably out of shape for a long long time.

I think you should listen to your lady. She wants you to have those benefits too. What I hear from the training gurus, is find something you like, that you find fun to do. And no, you dont have to become a Navy Seal hand to hand combat expert thriatlon champion that meditates in Tibet in your holidays. Go for you. What you like, a tiny bit harder than you want. Having fun with it will make it easier to do it again...

I had that sleeping/always tired/no motivation/brainfog thing during my first months too. Thats basically how ended up on this forum. I got scared when I realised that it was screwing with my job. And I had no idea what PAWS or weed withdrawal was.
My only tip for that is just muscle through it. It did not last that long for me. Maybe 3 months? I quit in september 2016, and by christmas I was sleeping very well, that I remember. Like healthy sleeping. Not waking up after 10 hours sleep, just wanting to sleep more...

The signs will come mr. They are just around the corner. Its been several California stoners here on this forum (oldskoolru?) that went to hell and back, documenting it here.. Every one of them landed on their feets, and got back to their good old selves again. You will too, Cali-Detroit..

I am willing to bet my hard earned money on it...
Bagobones
Full Member
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm
Likes Received: 86

#103

Postby Cali-Detroit » Fri May 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Read your response at 2:20am last night , very timely as that's when the the dark thoughts are their worst. I appreciate your words. I still am in the early stages of this I know, but I never thought it'd be this difficult. I really am going to heed that advice about listening to this who have my best interests in mind. That is one thing I haven't tried yet, the vigorous exercise deal. Thanks again... here's to a better day today
Cali-Detroit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm
Likes Received: 57

#104

Postby Cali-Detroit » Fri May 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Sober G, sorry to hijack your journal for a minute there, having a rough patch and figured we're all here anyway so thanks man
Cali-Detroit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm
Likes Received: 57


PreviousNext

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions