Quit journal

Postby George from UK » Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Sober G, sorry to hijack your journal for a minute there, having a rough patch and figured we're all here anyway so thanks man

No need to apologise, dude. That's what my journal is for, to help others as well as myself. Try some BJJ mate, it's really great

George
George from UK

Likes Received: 63

Postby George from UK » Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm

DAY 35

I just woke up from having a nap, I've started dreaming about relapsing onto alcohol. It doesn't really effect me when i wake up but in the dream i feel like I've let myself down lol.

Keep the reply's coming and use this journal to communicate as you see fit. I'm just glad i can be of service to others!

Gracie Jiu-jitsu George :-)
George from UK

Postby Cali-Detroit » Fri May 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Right Sober GJG :lol: I might just try that as soon as I can move out of the boondocks! Not much around these parts
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 57

Postby George from UK » Fri May 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Right Sober GJG :lol: I might just try that as soon as I can move out of the boondocks! Not much around these parts

Ok dude. Do you know Torrance? If i was living in Cali that would be where i'd be training... The Gracie Jiu-Jitsu headquarters. Probably the best place in the world to learn. As it was their grandfather who founded the art in the early 1900

GJG :-)
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Right Sober GJG :lol: I might just try that as soon as I can move out of the boondocks! Not much around these parts

According to a quick google map search using the info you've given me, it's about an hours drive. Go for it dude. It's worth a try!

GJJG
George from UK

Postby Cali-Detroit » Fri May 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes I know Torrance well, it's about 3 hours from me unfortunately. But I know there's a lot of good places closer. I'm in the mountains at the moment and trying to move us closer to civilization, but it's very expensive to live out here. So that stress on top of the withdrawal us doing me double time. Eh just life, ya know? It doesn't exactly ask you when would be a convenient time for you, lol. Maybe I'll start on the exercise bike for the time being. We gave a recumbent, my favorite position, sitting back, haha! I mean, literally just pump me legs...I should be able to manage that!

Peace
Cali-Detroit

Postby George from UK » Fri May 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Yes I know Torrance well, it's about 3 hours from me unfortunately. But I know there's a lot of good places closer. I'm in the mountains at the moment and trying to move us closer to civilization, but it's very expensive to live out here. So that stress on top of the withdrawal us doing me double time. Eh just life, ya know? It doesn't exactly ask you when would be a convenient time for you, lol. Maybe I'll start on the exercise bike for the time being. We gave a recumbent, my favorite position, sitting back, haha! I mean, literally just pump me legs...I should be able to manage that!

Peace

Nice one dude, i like biking on my mountain bike too, just not on mountains lol

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 pm

DAY 37

So it's a sunny summers sunday and i'm bored and lonely. My only friend has let me down at the last munite and my disease has told me how great a few beers would be lol.

Sorry poorly brain. We're are not allowed alcohol like all the normal people remember hehehe

It's bank holiday tomorrow and i can't help but feel left out. At least i'm working tomorrow. And i know by Tuesday i'll feel much better plus i'll be hangover free

Peace out brothers and sisters

Lonely but sober Gee
George from UK

Postby Wave » Sun May 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. In early quits I found alcohol did not help at all and actually not smoking you are on the path of knowing doing more at weekends could be good. Any interests you have where you could meet people through? Anything it doesnt just have to be sports, walking, games where you could meet people in the area?

Yea wasting a weekend high or hungover is such a waste!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 210

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sun May 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. I've had many, many a day just like that in the past, and it's no fun. But you're right, you'll feel much better abstaining from the drugs and booze.

Have you tried a good book? I know it's less common these days, but you can get absorbed in a good book in a way that a movie or TV show just can't match.

Sleeping was always my favorite, but I'm naturally lazy and depressed, so it's fairly easy for me to crash anytime, anywhere.

Hang in there SBJJG...good days ahead
Cali-Detroit

Postby George from UK » Sun May 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks for the support guys. It brought a smile to my old miserable face haha. I'm gonna be joining the BJJ club again very shortly so that will take up all of Saturdays with the travelling involved

I used to read books but as of late i use Audible and listen to a lot of youtube

George
George from UK

Postby Cali-Detroit » Sun May 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Good idea, get your roll on brother! That's what you call it yeah? "Rolling". A much healthier way to roll, rather than rolling one up! :lol:

My reading comprehension went to shyte after years of smoking, and honestly it's still not so great, but it's healing for the brain really. Even a few pages at a time can do wonders. Stick a few 1¼ Zigs together and ya got a proper bookmark even. Got to find a use for all those extra papes now eh? :D

Be cool bro, keep smiling
Cali-Detroit

Postby George from UK » Mon May 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Cali-Detroit wrote:Good idea, get your roll on brother! That's what you call it yeah? "Rolling". A much healthier way to roll, rather than rolling one up! :lol:

My reading comprehension went to shyte after years of smoking, and honestly it's still not so great, but it's healing for the brain really. Even a few pages at a time can do wonders. Stick a few 1¼ Zigs together and ya got a proper bookmark even. Got to find a use for all those extra papes now eh? :D

Be cool bro, keep smiling

Yep rolling on the mat is better than rolling weed on a table for sure, dude!
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 pm

DAY 38

I've been working in the hot sun today and a fleeting thought of buying beer crossed my mind, it was only short lived though.

The old acronym H.A.L.T came into play. Hungry=Yes. Angry=Not really more than i usually am, lol. Lonely= Not more than usual. Tired=No.

So i had some healthy food and now i just feel tired. Hope this H.A.L.T acronym can help others too. Try to remember this one next time you feel like using your drug(s) of choice. And that's about all I've got today

George
George from UK

Postby JoeBloggs » Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 pm

George from UK wrote:I used to read books but as of late i use Audible and listen to a lot of youtube

George

Try short stories.

Like Roald Dahl’s adult stories.
JoeBloggs

Likes Received: 51

PreviousNext