Quit journal

Postby George from UK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm ashamed to say i'm back here again after abstaining from weed for nearly 6 months.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Day 0

Just finished the last bit of weed, Thanks god. Looking forward to getting the first couple of weeks done and dusted.

Thanks for reading

George (From the UK)
George from UK

Likes Received: 64

Postby Wave » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am

If you have made it six months you can do this again!! This time you will know what to expect.

Good luck and keep us updates.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 210

Postby George from UK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi wave,

Thanks for the motivating words, my friend! I Also hope you're doing well in which ever en-devour you're on?!

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Day 1.

Here i am on day one. It's been about 24 hours since i last smoked. I went to work ok today. I was up late but that doesn't matter as i'm self employed with a very flexible schedule.

Feeling about 50/50 at the min in terms of wanting to score weed. I've just got back from work and drinking some beer and whiskey. I hate drinking too, but i need something at the minute!?

Anyway enough about me, Hope this is some kind of inspiration to others? That is the ultimate outcome i suppose.

Peace out.

George (From the UK)
George from UK

Postby Bagobones » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 pm

George from UK wrote:I'm ashamed to say i'm back here again after abstaining from weed for nearly 6 months.

My successful quit was not my first attempt, but succeding now, was also a result from the experiences made from my old failed attempts.. Looking back, my regretts are beating myself up so much for failing and not getting back on the quitting sooner after an failed attemt...

Are you sure you need the beers and whiskey? What about just going for a very long walk?
Bagobones

Likes Received: 89

Postby Wave » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 am

Bagobones wrote:My successful quit was not my first attempt, but succeding now, was also a result from the experiences made from my old failed attempts.. Looking back, my regretts are beating myself up so much for failing and not getting back on the quitting sooner after an failed attemt...

So true, this quit I have smoked maybe 3 times. Just realised I made a mistake and moved on. Yes that technically is failing but early quits I would reset my day count and be back as a huge stoner but the end of that week. Now I avoid the situations I know I may end up smoking and realising how much you give up by using again. The hardest bit in the start and by smoking again you have to do that again, which I have done too many times!
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Bagobones » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 am

Yes i agree Wave.. I have one "mistake" on my journey. Last year during summer. I was on an island in the Mediterranean. Late at night in our garden by the pool. It was the smoothest summer night ever after BBQ and wine. One of my crew had brought ganja from Amsterdam, and they where smoking. It was also my absolute favorite type of buds too. They are bong smokers, and we had no bongs. They knew I was the master of the joint rolling, so they started to nag me to skin up for them, after some failed attemts and wasted ganja.

I said yes. I skinned up a couple of joints for them and one for myself. The mediteranian stars have never looked so beautiful before. hehe. An old female friend came over at some point, while I was lying in a pool chair thing. She laid down on my arm and said, god damn dude, I have missed smoking with you.

I smoked one and a half joint, then I went to bed.

The funny part was when I got ganja for the second joint I rolled for myself. The owner reacted on me just going up and grabbing the gear and helping myself. He totally got the addict attitude, and started bitching telling me he had to make sure it would last the whole trip.. I told him F..ck you dude, I could throw the weed in the pool you f..king drug addict. Sitting there in my garden drinking my wine? Wth enough weed that he really could get half the village stoned? And oooooooh, poor victim. He might have to be sober for one day...

That also reminded me of how I dont want to become ever again. The addict mentallity.
Bagobones

Likes Received: 89

Postby Wave » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Bagobones wrote:That also reminded me of how I dont want to become ever again. The addict mentallity.

Yea couldnt agree enough. I used to freak out when I was under 1/2 oz and just to vaping or smoking hash in the evening that would last 6 weeks, yet I was wouldnt spend so much time thinking of when I would next pick up.

George, what I would say is that drinking for me doesnt help. I do drink occasionally but when I drink too much in the early days I would want to smoke more. Also, it seems some people can replace weed with alcohol and I think being a heavy drinker is worse than being a heavy smoker (just my opinion).

How are you getting on?
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby George from UK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi guys. Thankyou all so much for the reply's. I'm ashamed to say i relapsed at day one. I'm back on day one today.

I hope you all are doing well?

George (From England)
George from UK

Postby TonyTheCat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi George.
There is no place for shame. Most of us have been on your place. Moreover, as for me, I lied to myself (and surrounding) for a long years saying that the weed is harmless etc. No matter how many times you fall, it matters how many times you rise. But bear in mind that every time you fall you loose a part of yourself. Everything has a price and believe me - the one we pay for the abusing of our body is too high.. too high, man. Wish you a good luck and hope to see you next time with a solid counter of weed-free days.

Keep strong, brother. Just believe you can go through this evil cave of withdrawal and at the end of the tunnel the others will be waiting for you. The others, who have already gone this path. And then will be your turn to light the fire to give the hope and relief for everyone who going to this way.

Best Regards,
Tony
TonyTheCat

Likes Received: 24

Postby George from UK » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

Hi guys. Thank you all for your encouragement. Again i'm afraid to say i'm back on day 1.

I went to buy 1 gram of weed yesterday and finished it before midnight alone with a handful of beers.

Hope you're all well?

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi people. Sorry to say i'm back on day zero. In other words, i'm pissed and stoned. So sorry!

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 pm

DAY 1.

Not much to say. Just wanted to type an update.

By the way, i'm not here to impress anyone. This is more for me to keep a log of things
If i help anyone in the process then great

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

DAY 2

Hi people, just a quick update. DAY 2 off weed and Alcohol. I've included alcohol this time too as it's a big part of my problems

George
George from UK

Postby TonyTheCat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi George!
Keep going, man no matter how hard it is. Sometimes you may thinkg it's impossible, so I did, but now I've marked 2 months )
TonyTheCat

Likes Received: 24

Next