Help please. 7 months free of weed, bad anxiety.

Postby Lucy0611 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello,
I hope to find a little bit help here. :cry:
My name is Lucy, Im 38 years old. Im from Germany. Im sorry for my bad English.
I smoked tobacco mixed with a little bit of weed 2-3 times per week. I smoked 3 years long. Im free of all since 7 months. Never took other drugs, no alcohol.

My symptoms at moment are: Anxiety, fear, head pressure, head fog, out of appetit, nervousness, sometimes nightmare. It comes and goes in waves. Some weeks I suddenly had nothing, feeling great for some days, then it hit me again like litghning. Morning is awfull, evening is great.
I took medicine (ssri) but It doesnt work. I try to go out with friends and Family, do sports, do meditation. It works, but it is very exhausting :cry:
Im so afraid never become healthy again :(
Is there someone who could help me? Is there someone made the same experience and feeling free now?
Im so thankful for every help, every advice...and hope...
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 2

Postby JoeBloggs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Lucy, i am 40 now. I smoked for about 20 years. Have been quit close to 3 years. Meditation is good. I don’t drink alcohol. If the SSRI doesn’t work there are other medications or even talking therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy.
JoeBloggs

Likes Received: 50

Postby Lucy0611 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:35 am

Hello JoeBloggs,
Thanks for answering my post.
Im happy about it.
Unfortunately my doctor dont want to change the medication.
Im in therapie right now, but it's very exhausting for me.
Thats right. The meditation helps a lot.
Perhaps I will try to go to a psychiatric clinic.

Did you have the same problems ?
When did it become better?
Today is a little bit better, but not good.
Lucy0611

Postby helenadoc » Tue May 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Hey Lucy. You can read other people posts and see that we are going through the same struggle. You can olso see olskoolru and biggiesize succesful stories which may give you some inspiration and power to just hang in there.
There is also the post bellow with PAWS which explains these symptoms. And i also found a very good article on drugabuse . com about post acute withdrawal symptom. You can look into it. (They don't let me put the link in here).
I hope it helps :)
helenadoc

Likes Received: 19

Postby Lucy0611 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Thank you helenadoc.
Im so thankful to find this forum.
Thanks for the link.
Today is such a rough day for me.
Lucy0611

Postby dhae2604 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi Lucy what medications you have as the moment? dosage name of drug... & how long have you been in that medication
dhae2604

Likes Received: 19

Postby JoeBloggs » Tue May 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Lucy0611 wrote:Did you have the same problems ?
When did it become better?

With time it gets better. I had an anxiety disorder for ten years while I smoked weed. I still have it nearly 3 years after quitting. But my concentration is better. I can do things like reading and watching films better.

I figured I had to quit sometime. I have seen too many frazzled potheads and I don’t want to go through this quitting process again when I am older.

Keep busy.
JoeBloggs

Likes Received: 50

Postby Lucy0611 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:02 am

Hello dhae2604,

my medications are Ecitalopram 15 mg (day) and Mirtazapin 15 mg (night). Im in that medication for a about 2-3 months. Mirtazapin helps alot to sleep without nightmares.
But at morning I wake up with aniexty, feelings of fear, head fog. It comes and goes in waves, Sometimes I hear voices or see things that didnt exist. I know it is unreal but it is very frightening for me. Some days I didnt have symptoms. Im happy and free, but suddenly the struggle comes back.
Its like my head is damaged.
@joebloggs thanks for your post and Information. I dont want smoke anymore. My way is so rough, never want to walk that awful road again.
Today is a bad day. I hope to be free one day. Healthy and stronge like I was.
Im so thankful for your posts. I read many successful stories here. It give me hope to get healthy again.
Thank you, Lucy
Lucy0611