Crying for no reason

Postby Moose » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:18 pm

Does anyone else ever get this? Everything just builds up and all of a sudden I start crying :( Now I'm feeling really weak, my stomache's churning and I'm all light headed. I just don't know what to do. I'm at work currently but can't concentrate on anything. I've been feeling more anxious than normal for the past couple of days but this crying just came from no-where. Not really sure why I'm posting, just to ask if anyone else every has this really?

Matt
Moose

Postby Jack35 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:44 pm

Hi Matt,

It all comes from somewhere, and that somewhere is your subconscious mind. Since you cannot get access to your subconscious most of the time it just feels as if there is no real cause. Hypno-therapy might help you to identify the real causes, or you can get the Stress Survival Kit as I did. This worked for me, but might not for you, I have no idea. The thing is, don't put up with it - any unecessary anxiety is very wearing for your body organs and you don't need it.

Jack
Jack35
Preferred Member

Postby MatthewTrueland » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:02 pm

Yes i get that a lot esp if i have had a few bad days of anxiety, i will be doing something not worried and wham i just feel like i need to cry i feel awfull and the tears come... have this more on a day off or early in the morning.. i just put it down to the anxiety
MatthewTrueland

Postby Blueyedancer » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:25 pm

Maybe you could keep a journal with you. When you start feeling unhappy or anxious, perhaps you would benefit from writing down your thoughts. In addition to helping identify the thoughts behind your feelings, it also helps get all of the unpleasant feelings out of your body.
Blueyedancer

Postby Moose » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better now but very tired. I had a bit of a nap ealier (luckily it's a quiet day at work today and I've got my own office) which has helped. I've only had this a few times now and this time it's really taken me by supprise as I've not had any major anxiety problems for a few weeks.

I'm on the list to see a CBT counsellor which I'm hoping will help me out with re-programming my mind. My GP offers me SSRIs when I see her but I've not taken her up on them yet. At times like this I consider it, but the rest of the time I think I can manage without.

Matt
Moose

Postby fanella » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm

hi glad your feeling better if you dont want the tablets off the doctor try rescue remedy it will help take the edge of that awful tizzy feeling
fanella

Postby briary » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:45 pm

Hi Matt

I think we all get these days now and again. Crying can actually help to release tension, so do have a good cry if it helps. I often feel the need to cry but can't actually let go.

Glad you are feeling better tonight.

Karen
briary

Postby Jack35 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:25 am

Matt, my experience with SSRIs was that they are ok as relief for a short time but can be a bit of a b*gger to come off for some people. Bear in mind that paroxetine/seroxat and others make permanent chemical changes to your brain - this can be a good thing for some, but for others it may not.

Good luck with the CBT.

Jack
Jack35
Preferred Member

Postby Moose » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:30 am

That's one of the reasons I've avoided them so far as well as the possible side effects. It's been such a wait for the counsellor though, which I'm told will be end of January now.

I'm thinking of going to our local alternative therapy centre tomorrow to see if there's something I can try to help in the mean time. My GP suggested yoga as a way of relaxing, but I'm a very shy person and don't think I could face going to a class full of strangers (and it's not exactly something any of my friends would take up either!).

I've got a few booklets on dealing with anxiety and depression, but to be honest they've not really helped much. Although I don't post much, writing stuff down here does help a little though and it's so nice to know I'm not alone.

Matt
Moose

Postby Shamrock » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:28 pm

I have the same problem. Sometimes im just sitting behind my desk and then all of a sudden i just start crying. Sometimes your emotions just all build up and need to escape, its ok to have a good cry now and then.
What you could do to help you is write down your feelings and thoughts, that way you can put your emotions down on paper and you can see where they are comming from. I hope this helps.
Shamrock

Postby Jack35 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Welcome Shamrock! :D

We should all cry more, but if you are a bloke it's not wise to do it in front of your mates. Find a private place and let it all out, sometimes you find out why it is you feel emotional, but mostly you just feel relieved, like throwing up after 15 pints of Guinness from a bar which hasn't cleaned the pipes out in a few years!

We should all get our pipes cleaned out. :wink:

Jack
Jack35
Preferred Member

Postby HairCuttinCarrie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:14 am

Matt -
Hi there. I wanted to reccommend to you Louise Hay. I've been purchasing some of her healing CD's - and she has a very soothing voice. She has a website with lots of great information on it.
HairCuttinCarrie

Postby leahmichelle » Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 pm

A few months ago, I started crying for no reason. I'd just be sitting at my desk and the tears would be coursing down my face. I didn't feel particularly sad so it made no sense to me and I got a bit worried and went to my GP. It turns out that my B12 was pretty low and that was the root of the problem. I took 1000mcg of B12 for the next 90 days and the change was remarkable. No more anxiety and no more tears.

Like the other poster's comments, I agree that it's good to cry here and there but if you're crying for no reason - you may wish to look into the physiology as well as the psychology of it.

Best,
LeahMichelle
leahmichelle

Postby Ilona_506 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 am

i feel the same exact way as you. Actually I'm crying right now for no reason..... again. the crying could be from stress or you might have some worries inside of you. Or it could be a lot of thingd that yu hold in for to long then you have to let it out somehow. at least that is whats going on with me. i see a therapist. I also cant concentrate in school and work. I'm only 15 though. But hope you find out what it is!
Ilona_506

Postby paulo111 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Moose wrote:Does anyone else ever get this? Everything just builds up and all of a sudden I start crying :( Now I'm feeling really weak, my stomache's churning and I'm all light headed. I just don't know what to do. I'm at work currently but can't concentrate on anything. I've been feeling more anxious than normal for the past couple of days but this crying just came from no-where. Not really sure why I'm posting, just to ask if anyone else every has this really?

Matt

One thing to rule out that you may not be aware of is high levels of histamine in your system (histadelia). I had this and easy tears, tears out of nowhere was one of the symptoms. I am not saying you have this but it might pay to rule it out if nothing else. I am not sure if high levels of histamine cause anxiety, but in my experience it did cause depression and OCD. In my experience relaxtion CD's, Hypnotherapy and talk therapy are about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot, but it may work for some so there is not harm in trying.
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Next

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks