cant pass driving test

Postby ms_decline » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:45 pm

can any1 help me. ive took 7 driving tests! yes 7! and i cant pass ive had 3 different instructors jus to check if my drvining is ok they all say its fine. i fail on stupid things that i dont even do wen im drivin. eg the night b4 my test i parked around my dads car about 20 times perfect on my test the nxt day i did it and hit the kerb. i really need to pass can any 1 giv any advice. ive tried different test centers and ivve even took sleeping tablets to calm me down. 7 times jus dont seem normal 4 sum 1 that can drive. my test results have ranged from really bad fails ( 1 dangourous 3 majors 15 minors) good ones (1 major n 1 minor).
i cud go on and on can any1 plez help
ms_decline

Likes Received: 0

Postby briary » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi ms_decline

Do you feel particularly anxious during your driving test? It took me three attempts because anxiety got the better of me whenever I went for the test, whereas I could drive fine at other times.

I don't think the sleeping tablets are a good idea prior to driving. Rescue Remedy is a natural product that can help alleviate anxiety.

This Driving Test hypnosis download could help.

Karen
briary

Postby BEwildered » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:20 am

I took more than 5 also. It was dreadful.

There was nothing wrong with my driving either, all the instructors told me so, & it was just me being an idiot. :oops: In the end, I wasn't even having lessons between tests because there was no point.

I do think that on the third test I had a dreadful examiner.

The one I passed I did get a hypnosis CD and perhaps that did help, even though the man on the CD has a really annoying voice. There is also a little luck involved.

Try a hypnosis CD, the idea is to make you think yourself into confidence behind the wheel.
BEwildered

Postby littlenonni » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 pm

oh god i so sympathize! i have my driving test on the 9th of february and i KNOW for a fact that im going to fail!
when your anxious,does it feel like your not really in reality?how much sleeping tablets did you take,and did it effect your driving?im on valium but makes no difference.
i know people will say"dont think you will fail or you will,but i think thats cr*p cos i did my driving test when i was 17 really positive and thought i would pass but i failed!! i was gutted and still am to think ill have to do alot of tests too,plus ive 8 weeks to go to give birth :cry:
what other remedies is there out there for bad nerves?
littlenonni

Postby megan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi dont despair, I took it three times and made abominable mistakes because I was so nervous on the other two - including stopping at a green traffic light! honest!

Another very effective treatment for nerves before a hest is hynotherapy. I know of someone who did just this after passing many driving tests and saw a hynotherapist the day before and passed

Dont despaire - you'll get there!
megan

Postby ms_decline » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:11 pm

wow thanks for the replys.
yeh wen im talkin a test i get like a tunnel vision and it feels like im not in reality. i took to sleepin tablets but it didnt do nuffin. ive had sum bad examiers (but mayb im bias)
im so flustrated i have a really nice car, sound system everything which ive worked really had to buy. ive payed insurance 4 a year (£1400) so i can learn in it with my dad ive paid around £500 on tests and more on lessons.
ive tried thinkin positive on 1 test i acctually thought i did pass, but wen u fail so many time you dnt expect to hear you have past.
sumtimes i feel to hold a gun to the examiers head. honesty if he said give me £2000 or more and i'll pass you i would give it him this is how bad i feel. all my friends have passed and i just cant do it but i kno i can but i cant (if you get what i mean). im fed up of being harassed on the bus and waiting at bus stops late at night wen i kno i can drive.
I cant afford hypnosis or anything like that.

but on thing i do know i will NEVER give up even if i fail my 50th test i will still do a 51st and so on.

sorry to keep going on but i really dont have no1 to talk to or any1 that understands me.

thanks 4 reading x
ms_decline

Postby willv28 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:14 am

I'm suprised I only had to take it twice. The first time I was so scared. But the course isn't a high traffic area. So it helped a little, you're lucky if you have to wait for a car at the merge. But I failed for pulling too far out into the middle of the road. Even though it's a one-way street. The second time I got a 96 or something.

But I'm more nervous driving now than I was then. Since I had my license I never had my own car. I had only a car to use for about two months in these 8 years. I'm getting a car soon too. I'm afraid I'm going to do the same stupid crap out of fear that I did in those two months. Such as, pull in too fast into a gas station because I couldn't decide how slow was slow enough. I wanted to be perfect. Instead I hit the cement barrier with the corner of the car. I also pulled into the in ramp of a road because I was nervous turning. I was trying to figure out how to make driving feel normal. But I do that in the rest of my life too. I almost hit someone because I was trying to figure out what "perfect stop" is. Sometimes I did random things. Or stare at the speedometer.
willv28

Postby megan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:17 am

If you take sleeping tablets before a driving test, its really probably contributing to you failing, it will dull your senses to such an extent that you wont be very alert or thinking clearly on the road - they are after all designed to make you sleep! The feelings of unreality are fairly common with anxiety and maybe some relaxation techniques before your test like 7/11 breathing would be more helpful with regard to this.

Also a couple of sessions of hypnosis ranges roughly from £35 to £85 - one session maybe the day before your test is affordable (in comparison to a new car, sound system and 1400 insurance) and in terms of the benefits it may bring - worth it!

Good luck
megan

Postby BEwildered » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:37 am

Somewhere you will find some statistics that say most people pass on the second attempt & a significant proportion on the third. Very few people do more than five.

I wouldn't fork out for hypnotherapy sessions and driving lessons. That's too much money. It was about £13 for the CD that I suppose helped a bit.

'how much sleeping tablets did you take,and did it effect your driving?im on valium but makes no difference.'

With respect, I don't think it's useful to bring drugs in to it. Drugs are not given for passing your driving test.

Also take a look at http://www.2pass.co.uk
it has a specific forum & I used it a lot to vent my annoyance.
BEwildered

Postby DRW » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:28 pm

You say you have your own car, but how often do you drive it? I've helped a few learners, including an ex-girlfriend who'd failed numerous times previously.

The solution was for her to drive everywhere she went, as long as a competent friend was sitting alongside. Along with formal lessons, you could see her driving improve over the course of a few weeks.

She passed her test on the next (fourth, I think) attempt.

Most importantly, she always wanted to learn and become a good driver – not merely pass – and continued improving long after her test.
DRW

Postby ms_decline » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:55 pm

hey yeah my dad goes everywhere with my in my car so ive got lots of experience thins is along side my driving lessons. and the sleepin tablets was to calm my nerves and i only did that once.

ive gone back to the drawing bored and book more lessons.

and the thing that really gets to me if lots of my friends drove illegaly for about a year took a few lessons and passed 1st time. i do everything by the book and fail lol. life is a bitch.
ms_decline

Postby confuzed » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Just keep trying. You will eventually pass. My mate passed on her 6th test. The more you take the more you will get used to it and in the end you won't be so anxious when you take it.
confuzed

Postby ms_decline » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 pm

thanks 4 all your comments.

i had a lesson to day wid my new instructor he said my driving is fine it jus needs to come together on the day.
so there is hope 4 me.
ms_decline

Postby RedMarty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:56 pm

Hey im 19 and its taken me 9 attempts and i still cant pass it.

Ive always struggled being told what to do and being brought up in a family of car-traders i expected myself to need three lessons and pass easily. Simple as done in a week sort of thing. So i expected alot of myself.

Ive got a car ive got the ability and the thing is ive got no job qualifications and i can only work in the car trade, but not if i cant drive cos im no use to nobody.

Im going to have one last attempt at it, i can drive perfectly well put me in a car on my own and i do fine, except i dont plan ahead and roundabout catch me out i just go straight through them! lol

But put an examiner beside me and i cant drive at all.

I hate driving anyway its a horrible thing to do, if i can get someone to drive me somewhere even if i had a licence i would. Let them deal with the problems. Some people think i have the attitude of "the world owes me a driving licence" well yes maybe i do, ive spent over a £1600 in lessons and tests and ive got a £900 Ford outside with insurance etc i just cant use it so yes the world does owe it to me for one thing to go right.

One more attempt and if i cant pass it i'll drive it anyway cos its all a conspiracy.

Oh im new here hello peoples LOL :) :) :)

OH PS i happened to stumble on this old topic whilst on google, bought it to my attention lol.
RedMarty

Postby stylishgirl » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:15 am

Awwww try not to let it get you down. When you do your test just try and keep positive and just drive the way you would in a normal lesson. I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress yourself to much and try and keep focused

Good Luck
stylishgirl

Next