Easiest most efficient suicide

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.

Postby A Volta on Mars » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:55 am

What is the easiest most efficient way to kill yourself?
A Volta on Mars

Postby Lilith78 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:35 am

Man, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?
Live this life. See what happens. change might be a day/week away. It's not easy sometimes, but i'm sure bigger uglier, weaker, dumber individuals have done it. YOU CAN TOO!
What's the major issue? These people know their sh*t. They can help.
WE can help.
Mars Volta: F***king AWESOME! Saw them on thurs night.
Lilith78

Postby Lilith78 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:45 am

Oh yeah..............
Someone told me once the way to do it
but they're still alive :?
NOBODY on this forum is gonna give you that info.
Lilith78

Postby satanstoystore » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 am

there isn't any. one's lessons repeat until learned. why do you ask?
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby hypoxora » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:51 pm

One of my mates attemted to commit a suicide by swallowing various painkillers, was rushed to hospital with a collapse,she survived but her organs and especially liver are pernamently damaged, was told that ' if you want to kill yourself next time do it properly' ehm a very cruel thing to throw at somebody's face I though at first but now I am thinking ...most people who attemt to commit a suicide actually dont 'finish the job properly' as something in their subconcious tell them that they actually want to live. :arrow: Then they have to live with a terrible body /menal damage till the rest of their life.

Apperently people who were glasses and are about to jump out of the window take off their glasses in order to avoid cuts :shock: Unfortunately I have nothing to support the statement, read it somewhere .
Remember that suicide is not a solution even though the situation you may be temporarily in seems desperate. Dont even think about it!
Last edited by hypoxora on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
hypoxora

Postby smile :) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:46 pm

Lilith is right - no-one here will give you that kind of information. We will listen to you and help you as best we can, but no-one will tell you how to kill yourself. Are things really that desperate and awful that you can't face living anymore? Talk to us - it might help ... if you want to PM rather than on here that's cool too (though you need to have posted 10 times before you can PM).
smile :)

Postby A Volta on Mars » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:56 pm

Yeah actually sh** sucks right now, this is the famous case of "boy loses girl and hates life" scenario. I loved this girl, we dated 3 years, and now it is worse off than ever and eating me up. She was the only thing that made me truly happy, now I can't find that solace anymore. God dammit.
A Volta on Mars

Postby smile :) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:06 am

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that things are really not going so well for you at the minute. It's only natural that after 3 years things will seem horrible now they're not going so well. I know they say time is a great healer and everything and right now that's probably the last thing you want to hear - I know, I've been there with a guy before. I know what it's like to hit rock bottom and feel like there's no one there for you anymore and that you have nothing left to keep you alive and that the best thing to do is to end it. But trust me, it won't solve anything.

I'm not saying I know all the details of what's going on, and I'm not denying that it probably is eating you up inside ... it must be or you wouldn't have posted that first desperate post on this thread. But things can only get better ... and talking about it is a great start ... it's when you keep everything bottled up inside that you have the problems.

xx
smile :)

Postby Evannah » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:47 am

Don't kill yourself. Your life is worth living, believe me. Things will pick up.
Evannah

Postby Karla » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:04 am

I hope you are just asking hypothetically. Perhaps for attention or shock value? Whatever the case, I don't think that is something to mess with. It's similar to, "what is the easiest way to kill someone?" There isn't an easy way. It's murder either way. People are going to be hurt either way. Not just the victims, but the people that cared whether you think they exist or not.
When I was younger it seemed that everyone was trying to kill themselves or at least thought about it. It sounds stupid now, but I even thought of it. If you were to ask me now what made me that sad that I thought I couldn't go on, I couldn't tell you. That amazes me now. I thought I was ready to end it all for some reason I don't today remember. I think many suicides are like that and I agree, if I was that serious about it, I would be dead. It just crossed my mind.
Other people, though, I remember came in with marks on their wrists and talked about the pills they took, but were still alive. I think it was for attention. Even negative attention for sympythy does put them in the spotlight. I watched a show once that showed some suicide attempts that got on camera and when you watched it closely you could see the the intended victim helped save themselves. One guy claimed he was going to jump off a high staircase, but when the police jumped at him they somewhat knocked him off the stairs themselves and may have gone over had the man not grabbed the stairs banister as so that he wouldn't go over.
Killing anyone, even yourself, is a horribly sad thing. It is pointless. If you just wait it out the problems are going to go away. Even those that do stick around, you will likely eventually become numb to them.
It's a pointless permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you just look a little deeper I am sure that you are intellegent enough to find another way to go about whatever your problems may be.
Karla

Postby earthmother » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:25 am

A strangely worded question. The most efficient way? Does this mean that you are scared of pain? Or the mess? But after all, it would not matter to you once you are dead, would it? Are you worried about the persons who would have to deal with it after you're gone? Then why aren't you worried about how they might feel if you did the dastardly deed? Most folks who try to commit suicide aren't really trying, because if they were, they would be successful instead of just "trying". How many people slit their wrists, or take too many pills, and do it in such a way that someone will inevitably discover them before it's too late? That's not really TRYING, that's just showing others that you need help. Certainly if a person REALLY WANTS to kill themselves, it should be quite an easy thing. We are far from un-killable! I have lived on a farm my whole life. We butcher chickens, pigs, cows, sheep, deer... It's physically very easy to kill something, but not so easy mentally/emotionally.

I make no judgements on people who want to get the hell out of here. It's their decision, albiet a cowardly one. Just because things don't look too good today, doesn't mean they won't change. Everything changes, all the time. But if you're gone and given up, then you won't be here to find out how good it could have gotten, will you? It seems that you only get one chance at this thing called life, and if there's more, most folks aren't aware enough to remember their past lives. Suicide is sort of like throwing away the entire bag of fruit simply because a few of the grapes were rotten. And if there IS more, then it is "fruitless" to try to kill yourself, 'cause all your gonna do is come back at some point and have to learn all the stuff you didn't learn the first time thru. And you'll just keep repeating this until ya get it right, and it'll take alot longer if ya just keep on turnin' off the switch...

I'm all about being real here. And alot of the other posters don't like it. But death is as real as it gets. And I'm not afraid to address it. I look at death a little differently than most. I always thought that if a person was gonna do themselves in, for whatever reason, that probably a massive dose of morphine would be just the thing. Apparently I was right, 'cause in the past 3 years I've known 4 people who died from accidentally ingesting too much of it when all they wanted was to get a little higher... But then on the other hand, maybe they got what they REALLY wanted, which was escape... And seeing how they spent the majority of their lives doing every drug they could get their hands on, they probably DID want to excape permanently. But Death is too final, 'cause it closes the door, and there won't be any more clear moments for them, like when they first get up in the morning, or when they run out of drugs. It just ends there. Period. No more good meals, no more hugs from someone that cares, no more sunshine and fresh air. No more shopping or driving, no more smiles, hell, no more time to get high with your friends. Think long and hard. Do you really WANT to give yourself no more chances or options?
Life is one long set of adventures, and yea, some of it is hell. But there is ALWAYS something to look foreward to even if it's only whatever the next lesson may be... But if you cop out, 'cause that's what it would be, well, yer momma just wasted her time raisin' you, and all that food you ate and air you breathed your whole life, all the time your teachers spent teaching you, everything you did, was all just a waste. Yea, I know it sounds hateful, but lets be real here. Life is a gift. You're here, and you have a mind that can think and reason, and that's a miracle. You get this chance. If you blow it, then you have just given a big F#%&!* YOU to the " GREAT SPIRIT" (whatever that might be.)
Obviously, if you REALLY wanted to kill yourself, you would just do it. What does it matter to you how? Once it's done it's done. No big deal except to the ones left behind... The fact that you ask, shows you care about something, and I wager that if you care enough to ask, then you're not gonna do it.
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but this really makes me angry. And I'm tellin' you what I think just as if you were sitting in the room with me. 'Cause, in this world, you're my brother and I care.
earthmother

Postby Lilith78 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:46 am

That's it in a nutshell earthmother.
Lilith78

Postby satanstoystore » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:56 am

A Volta on Mars wrote:Yeah actually sh** sucks right now, this is the famous case of "boy loses girl and hates life" scenario. I loved this girl, we dated 3 years, and now it is worse off than ever and eating me up. She was the only thing that made me truly happy, now I can't find that solace anymore. God dammit.

http://www.columbia.edu/~gm84/gibran8.html

your happiness and your sorrow are two sides of a coin. One of your own making. It takes investment to feel either.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby bitterby » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 pm

That's a very helpful statement STS. I'll take it away. Thank you.

Bitterby
bitterby

Postby FacingThePainAlone » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:46 pm

My friend killed herself and it almost destroyed me. My life hasnt been the same since. The pain i felt when she killed herself is still with me today even though it was years ago. It still hurts just as much and the pain is unbearable, like you cant even imagine and it will be with me forever. Is that what you want to do to your family, friends, those who care about you?? I understand that when you're that depressed and things are that sh**, suicide is all you can think about but that is NOT the answer. It hurts so many people and you'll regret it if you live. You have so much to live for so dont throw that away. It may be hard to believe right now but what you're feeling now wont last forever, time heals. Take care and hang in there, you can get through this. Nessie xx
FacingThePainAlone

Next