Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Hypnosis -> How to put others into a hypnotic trance This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

How to put others into a hypnotic trance

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Hypnosis Resources

What hypnosis is and how it can help you (article)

Hypnosis Master Series (articles)

Hypnosis downloads library

Hypnosis scripts library

Free hypnosis script

Learn hypnosis in 5 days (free course)

Hypnosis Unwrapped DVD

How to use hypnosis CD

Online hypnosis training (course)

Precision hypnosis training (course)

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
essendon54

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:54 am

How to put others into a hypnotic trance    Reply with quote  

Hi all,
I've just been thinking about a career using hypnosis in shows but I don't know how to put people in a trance. I was hoping that someone here could tell me how to do that. If you can could you please email me with instructions at essendon54@hotmail.com? If you woulld do that it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Jordan

Michael Lank

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:13 am

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you might be interested in the Free online Hypnosis Course.

There are courses that you can take to learn stage hypnosis. The techniques that stage hypnotists use tend to be different from hypnotherapists, because they want to make it look more dramatic - which is what people expect at a show.
essendon54

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:13 am

Thank-you for the help, Mike.
i have already tried the hypnosis course and I don't think it worked for me. after the first lesson, I could tell that it wasnt going to work out because of the audio download. I couldn't put it together properly and feel it, if you know what I mean. Thank-you for the help anyway.

Yours Sincerely,
Jordan
heyiamnick

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:23 am

Re: How to put others into a hypnotic trance    Reply with quote  

You can visit hypnosis.edu and click on No Charge and it takes a couple of days but it should give a coures thing Very Happy I haven't got a full reply yet but don't buy all of that rip off crap. Oh, by the way trust me you do not want a carreer in Hypno theoropy it will even more boring than the average persons job.

>for a simple simple trance you can first (obviously) relax them
>tell them tofocus on something (anything you want that wont leave the room)
>and calm them that should help

And To get them to perform you tasks or give you something (not out of the ordinary)

>get to no the and find their rythem (breathing, walking pace, etc...) and copy it
>invert what they do (if they nod their head make hand gestures to follow vis-versa)
>find there mood and make a story up about it based on their mood but make it about you!
>then tell them a little story and talk the way they do the story can be made up or true but base it on YOU!
>after that wait a couple of minutes and do something that you wouldn't normally do, (like tug on earlobe, lightly hit yourself, etc...) then give your cammand and repeat your uncommon action

Note:your cammand cannot be to unordinary or they will come out of their "State of Mind" of being fooled. Do not do this on Everyone you meet or you will have bad consequinces
Anthony Jacquin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:29 am

Hi hiiamnick,

Do you speak from experience? Have you hypnotised people? Have you worked as a hypnotherapist? Have you ever given someone who is hypnotised on stage a suggestion that is out of the ordinary?

Anthony
reggie

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:54 am

misinformed    Reply with quote  

replys are best made strait. I practise hypnosis for fun, for free. Not something i would do if it were boring.
BatFonz

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:13 am

Well having not done any hypnotherapy I can only speculate but I would of thought it was very rewarding when you are helping someone get past an issue that is clearly effecting their daily life

It is something I want to explore in my free time, perhaps its because I find hypnosis so fascinating I cannot understand anyone finding it boring

Jordan I'm not as experienced as most of these gents but so I could start to get trance 'straight in my head' I paid a visit to my local hypno-therapist and paid her to hypnotise me

Worth every penny because once I had experienced it first hand I felt comfortable I could recreate it myself, she also gave me practical tips for the remainder of the hour - a most pleasant experience
Head Candy

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:21 pm

People will put themselves into a trance if you create the right conditions for them to do so.

As for e-mailing you trance instructions, you would probably feel much happier if you attended a course than to try to learn about trance induction via an e-mail. It would give you an opportunity to think about what you are doing and you could ask all of your questions to gain a greater understanding of what it all means to you.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: