Anxiety Symptoms - Weird Shaking

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby MohaimenK » Mon May 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Hello guys. I am 22. Just joined the forum today.I was going through this forum and found it very interesting and helpful. I also found many websites and read books that have helped me through my anxiety issues. I did not take any medication though. Well, took .25mg of Xanax for maybe a week? But nto even. I was given many types of medicine but after discussing with my cousin (neurologist) and my uncle (Pharmacist), I've decided not to take them, or even before talking to them, I never watned to get into those. It's been going since end of December. I will explain more about me later but right now, my one issue is, I have a small fear of really rare diseases. One, right now, I can relate to is Parkinsons. I know it sounds weird for my age but after seeing my "uncle: (by marriage) two weeks ago, the fear just came inide my head. Then I noticed how my hand trembles but feels week alot. though it does not shake alot. My wife says it's nothing because she can't even see them shaking. But from inside me, I feel like it's shaking and my head is shaking, but none of this is visible - One more thing to add, this doesn't always happen. Just sometimes, and I guess especially when I am tired. Sometimes it doesn't even happen when I don't think about it. and I recently joined the GYM and I've been able to lift almost twice from what I started with...... so my question is, is this normal? I mean, does anyone else go through this? Should I really worry?
MohaimenK

Postby assilem » Mon May 01, 2006 5:33 pm

It sounds like you have what I've dubbed, my "Internal Volcano,"a problem I've been experiencing a lot the past month, when my anxiety was triggered by an incident at work.

I can feel myself shaking on the inside. This happens when I get especially stressed or tired. It doesn't normally cause my hands to shake unless it gets really bad, such as when I've not eaten or I'm extremely tired but unable to sleep.

The head shaking thing is something I've only noticed when I've tried to hold really still to drink something like hot tea or cocoa from a cup. It's like my neck gets all stiff and I'm afraid I'm going to dribble or shake the cup when I drink. Nobody else seems to notice, but it's very noticable to me.
assilem

Postby MohaimenK » Mon May 01, 2006 8:41 pm

wow, ur right.....lol I got a volcano inside me waiting to blow....
but yea, I hear you. I also have most of my problem on left arm than anything. Then a little on my right arm but my legs seem to be fine and my body too...unless I really get cold then my body shivers....
MohaimenK

Postby MohaimenK » Tue May 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Today I woke up and my body is hurting all over, especially on my neck and left shoulder. Maybe I slept wrong? For some reason my body feels like it's shaking inside but no visible movement? My head feels like it's being held by a spring and its wabbling all over but not visible?
When I make my hand stiff, it's not there, when I dont' think about it, I guess its not there either?
I don't know if this is all just in my head or not?

I really wouldnt care as much if this is from Anxiety but if it's something else, something more serious then I would begin to worry a lot more....
Anyone with the same symptoms???[/u]
MohaimenK

Postby Rockbessie » Tue May 02, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi

I think that you are having muscle spasm Mohaimem - anxiety causes muscles to involuntarily contract and this sounds like what happened - I get the same feeling over my left arm. shoulder and neck.

Try to follow this exercise - lie down and try to relax all muscles then concentrate on each muscle both sides together from feet up individually by tensing only that particular muscle, eg shins, thighs and upwards. Hold for ten seconds then release. This should help.
Rockbessie
Preferred Member

Postby stardustsa2006 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:57 pm

I also get these internal shakes, it is when i am going through a bad panic period - for example if i hold my hand out it is definately not shaking however inside it feels like it is trembling.
stardustsa2006

Postby MohaimenK » Wed May 03, 2006 4:23 am

yes...internal shakes.........but not visible....well though while I was working out at the GYM today, it was visible, but thats because of lifting heavy weight I guess? It's weird at different times....
MohaimenK

Postby bernmarchesani » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:57 pm

hi, im a 36 and i also have been gong through this weird shaking. im very scared. I have been to many different doctors and no one can explain this to me. They just keep sending me another doctor. They have said it could be anxiety. I recently started with i guess panic attacks.The shaking happens mostly at night when im almost asleep and im woken up suddenly. then i shake inside. it was mostly in my chest but now ifeel it sometimes in my calves and arms.My husband felt my arm onenight when it was real bad and he said he could feel it very faintly. but of course I felt it so strong.and then once im fully awake itgoes away. I just want to know im not alone because doctors seem to think im a little crazy!
bernmarchesani

Postby purplemonkey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:31 pm

it could be your blood sugar dropping suddenly and your experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms, next time it happens try eating something and see if it makes it feel better.
purplemonkey
Preferred Member

Postby Italiangirl40 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've been reading up on internal shakes. I too have them and I am glad to see that I'm not alone. Mine happen mostly at night while I am trying to fall asleep. Sometimes if I am overly tired through the day, I can start to feel them. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten a definite answer as to what they are and what they are caused from. I suffer from anxiety often ( 3 kids, 2 are under 4), also, I notice that I am startled more easily now. If I am sleeping and something wakes me up, the minute I jump up the shaking begins.
I hate this feeling, if someone could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!!
Italiangirl40

Postby Itzomi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:26 pm

Just your good ol' adrenaline. Feels like you have radioactive liquid running through your veins or something, doesn't it? I hate that feeling!!
Itzomi

Postby danim88 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 am

I feel like that as well like invisible tremors inside throughout my body, in fact I have it right now, I got a catscan for it but havent gotten the results back for it, and by the sounds of it its a common thing, just not overly common. The only thing is mine will go away for a week or so, no sign of it, and well last up to days I have had it for three days now and it just keeps getting worse, is this common at all?
danim88

Postby lifesabtch! » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi everyone, I do suffer from acute generalized anxiety and of course, panic attacks. thing is, I knew that everytime I was going to go out drinking, i was going to have a taugh day the day after dealing really bad with anxiety and that at one point i'd get a panic attack that after 3 years still would take me to the hospital (for nothing) sometimes. But on monday last week I had enough and decided to stop drinking (thing that I've been doing everyday for about 6 months) and had some anxiety, went to sleep, woke up the next morning feeling unusually anxious and shaky inside which was very strange as this shaking thing was new to me. Its been almost 2 weeks now and I have had anxiety everyday, everynight since. I haven't drunk a single beer whatsoever for these 2 weeks and for the last 3 days I haven't been able to sleep at all as everytime I would try to lay down and close my eyes the internal shaking would start and trigger a panic attack. I have lost my job because of this, and I think I might be having some kind of alcohol withdrawal or something, what do you thing?
lifesabtch!

Postby chijcy1962 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:18 am

Shaking/body tremors are a symptom of anxiety and achohol
w.drawal.
chijcy1962

Postby 123batham » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 am

Hi People,Ilove you guys and repect you to because I feel what your saying and I know more than my fair share what your going through.Since I was born I have suffered from anxiety,pannic attacks,social phobia,compulsive deorder,depression and plenty of shacking.2 years ago I had 1 of my pannic atacks but it was massive,I throught of was going to die and of all places and time it was in the Church at christmas.I ran out of the church in such of a panick ,got in the car and could just about drive to the hospital.Anyway there was nothing they could do.I sat in the car crying and shaking feeling such alone and desperate.From that day I said to myself I am going to do what ever it takes to feel peace within me.First I starting reading self help books , meditating and going on emotion release courses.I stop watching T.V and faced full on all the things that bothered me from the past and present.I'll tell you what all the depression and pannic attacks stopped but the experiences I had within my body like energy moving around me,warmth up and dowm my body,feeling of peace and joy for long periods of time.This lasted for about 1 year.I was working in the fish shop at the time and people would call me smiler and that I am always smiling and happy.Anyway to cut it a bit short the calmness didnt last within me ,I started to feel anxious,nervous and afraid to be round people.I developed social phobia.To round things down what happened is that all the sh** that I have kept inside for the last 30 years came to the surface and boy is it tough but at the same time I noticed lots of great changes in me.I have realised that most of us suffer with these problems because of our past,child hood and social up bringing.First we must face are upsets and the things that bother us.Most of us push things down by the things that we thing give us security .For me it was bodybuilding and sex for 20 years that kept it down but soon as I stopped using them things to comfort me the war began.Ask yourself ,do I want to know and be who I truly am and live to my full potential or to I want to be a slave to this sh** and sociaty and the past for the rest of my life.Yes medication does help but we need to be strong within ourselves.Believe me you will be so proud of yourself and as strong as a ox.If anyone would like to ask any questions or help please e-mail me and I promise I will help the best way I can in my humble opinion.Lots of Love and understanding.Kostas!
123batham

Next

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks