Tired and unmotivated

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.

Postby DiuQuhi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi,

Didn't really know where to put this, so here it is. On the whole I go through life pretty tired and lazy. Don't go picturing me as a lazy fat couchpotato that watches tv all day just yet, I do have hobbies and things to do, but I'm pretty unstructured and delay everything to the last minute. Anyway, I decided to take some action to make me feel better and more energetic through the day. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been doing the following:
- I practically didn't eat any snacks, in the sence of complete bags of chips or candy. I did eat a waffle once in a while for the hunger while studying
- I took omega3 pills (those oil capsule things) and vitamines on a regular basis
- I ate fruit on a daily basis
- I didn't drink a drop of cola. Just water and applejuice
- I went to bed on a decent hour (which I usually don't do)
I feel that all this hasn't changed as much as anything. I still feel the same. First I thought it was the weather, since the sun came out very late this year. My dad said he felt so unenergetic too lately, and I heard other people mention too that they are feeling tired all the time. Don't know if it's a coincidence. Anyway, just wanted to ask if any of you nice people can give my any pointers on further giving myself a boost

Thanks in advance!
DiuQuhi

Postby hbkm40 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:06 pm

hey, glad that you try a new way of life.

And dont worry about the no results thing, these things take a very long time, just ask anyone who have acomplish things worth while, ask them how long did it take them to achive their best or curent result. I mean a week isnt enough. And you should find the thought inside you that makes you want to make it a part of you, and not just because you want to be better and doing something just hoping for a result.

And i think that you will find the fastes result through physical activities, get up, run around, play outside or something so you can get some blood running through ya. Because all of those diet will not let you go any where any soon.

Keep at it :wink:
HBK
hbkm40
Preferred Member

Postby NotJustWords » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:48 pm

I have been experiencing this myself over the past month. Just so lethargic. And I do many things in my day as well they just all seem some what pointless in the end. What has helped me though is being outside. Feeling the air and sun just make me feel like all my pieces are together. Plus I have been seeing a counselor just to talk. I find it to be a great release. I can just go talk to this person for an hour a week and she actually gives some very good insight. Also has given me things I can do to work on so that I may find ways outside myself to wake up from this tiring state.
NotJustWords

Postby jurplesman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:44 am

There are many reasons why people can feel lethargic, unmotivated, uninterested and lacking total energy. This can be due to the body sabotaging you when you are engaged in a job that you really don't like. Doing a course at the university because your parents expect you to do that course. Or "having" to do things, instead of enjoying doing things.

To find out about your motivation the Values Clarification course helps you to find out about your motivational status.

Lack of motivation and the feelings of chronic fatigue can be due "literally" to lack of Biological Energy called (ATP)

This is derived from the sugars in our food and when we have an obstruction in the conversion of glucose to biological energy we feel constantly tired and unmotivated.

You may have hypoglycemia.
jurplesman