COMMON SENSE IS DEAD!!!!!

Postby vixtrix » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 am

OBITUARY

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was as his birth records were lost long ago in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticking plaster to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility and his son Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers: I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
vixtrix

Postby Ali Baby » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:00 am

Wow Vix...thats so true!
Ali Baby

Postby foxhole » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Well some of it.
foxhole

Postby Catt666 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 am

I like your style.
What has happened to society??
Catt666

Postby Rainbowstormclouds » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 am

I definitely agree. Look at the news, we sit there and report this knowledge but do NOTHING about it, and it will only keep getting worse. how do we change these modern times? how did this happen and how the hell was in charge of that? I think it began with bowing down to ppl whom claim their rights have been abused, ppl like buglers and killers, and such...and ppl who dont work (yet can) and trash their house, ect yet complain because they have no money and live in a bad house......ppl who use past history to steal or kill just because some how they felt wronged. Every person of race and religion has been a victim to racism, some forum of abuse or misunderstanding or what have u, from the salem witch trail, to the black slaves, to the holocaust, ect.....so why is it a person can use this and is still allowed to complain and get benefits and be excused for anger and get away with it? why are we looking at crimes, seeing the whom and what kind of character is mostly responsible and doing nothing? Iam not pin pointing but if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, y do you get in crap or sneered at for calling it a duck?. why are sex offenders "offended" in having ppl aware of where they live? Also How the hell can you get in trouble btw, for protecting your family bc someone tried to break in, ect? Why ppl are so scared to take a stand?
Rainbowstormclouds

Postby scubaseven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:03 am

vixtrix wrote:OBITUARY
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

Thats a good one.
Teachers no longer hit, cops no longer give you a kick up the donkey.
And are we better off?
scubaseven

Postby scubaseven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 am

Rainbowstormclouds wrote:I definitely agree. Look at the news,

A week or so ago Australia got a new Prime Minister.
This was the main headline on the morning radio news.
Second story was about some "clown" who fell off an escalator in Melbourne. lol. Are people becoming so stupid that they cannot stand on moving stairs? And is the world so pathetic that we need to hear about things such as this?
It seems we have given up on the hard stuff (saving the planet etc) so we are happy to hear about the little things. I hope I am wrong.
scubaseven

Postby Smartteaser192 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Somehow common sense is no longer common, because times have changed. Common sense only exists in the enlightened and clear minds of relaxed people. Stress destroys common sense.
Smartteaser192