i am so unhappy

Postby astrogirl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:38 am

i feel so unhappy about myself in general. i don't know why. i feel like there is something lacking in my life. and i can't seem to get to where i want to go. i feel like a total failure. i don't know is it just me or are there people out there who feel the same way?

i have no one to talk to, so i just though i can vent out here.

thank you for reading.

:(
astrogirl

Likes Received: 0

Postby MarkC » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:58 am

Could you list things or say what you feel is not right or lacking.
MarkC

Postby Hed Kandi » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 am

Hi astrogirl,

I am very sorry you are feeling this way, you have certainly found the right place if you want advice & help, or someone to talk to! We are a friendly bunch !!!

I can relate to you, as right now i am going through a similar phase and i don't quite know how to manage it. I have been trying to take stock of why i could be feeling this way, and i think i always reach the same conclusion - that there is certainly something lacking in my life, some sort of spark.

Please do not feel like you are a total failure because you are most certainly not that at all. I think you just need to find that direction you need to take to make yourself happy, and try to work towards it. Easier said that done, but we have to try somehow.

Again, if you want to talk more, we are here for you, or of course, you can use the PM service after you reach 10 or more posts should you wish to talk to someone in confidence.

I hope your day is better today.
Take care
Danny.
Hed Kandi

Postby johnjoe » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:32 am

Hi,

I hope you are able, through this forum , to get the advise you need to help you move on.

Get your facts right
Take a realistic, balanced view of your self in comparison to others. People with low self esteem see themselves in an unduly negative light, and others in an unduly positive light. The truth is much more balanced than that. There is much about you that is good. None of us is perfect.
Get a supply of warm fuzzies
Get people to give you positive feedback, where appropriate.
Or spend time with people who offer it to you without asking.

Don't discount yourself
Treat yourself with respect and don't dismiss praise and recognition.
Say "thank you" when you are complimented or praised.

Don't accept the baton of low self esteem
Don't let other people make you feel bad.
Don't accept "put downs" from others.

Joe
johnjoe

Postby IA » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:24 pm

Iknow 100% how you feel coz I am exactly the same. Some good days and some bad days where I just want to stay in bed and see no one and all this for no reason in particular. But you will get some brill advice on this site so keep posting ansee how things go!!
IA

Postby astrogirl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:29 pm

hi guys,
thanks so much for the reply. you guys are right. i know that there is something good about me. i try to explain to myself that people all have flaws and it's just not me. i just get days like that and it makes me unhappy. i tend to bounce back. i just feel like i don't have any direction in life. and i get anxious when i think about these things.

i see some of my friends move on to bigger and wonderful things. and i take a look at what i have done and i feel like it is nothing compared to what they have done. i know that i shouldn't compare myself to other people, but sometimes i do, i can't help it. i do try to stay positive, i do try my best.

this forum is really good. you guys are really cool. thanks again. i appreciate all the feedbacks.

:)
astrogirl

Postby IA » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:33 pm

Astrogirl

You sound so much like myself its scary. But keep on trying as I do, on my bad days, to realise that we are good people and there are lots of great things about us and maybe those other people and friends look at us some days and wish they were us!! As you can read I'm having a good day today.
IA

Postby astrogirl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:39 pm

IA,

thanks. i am glad you are having a great day.

just like you, sometimes i just want to stay in bed too, and not talk or see anyone.
astrogirl

Postby johnjoe » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi,

a litttle poem for you

I said, "Sometimes I fail."
He said, "I'll see you through."
I said, "But what if I fall?"
He said, "I will carry you."

I said, "My fears are great!"
He said, "Trust Me alone."
I said, "But I´m depressed."
He said, "I'll cheer you on."

I said, "Life isn't easy."
He said, "Please let Me help.
Remember, I love you."
I said, "Lord, I accept."

Best Wishes

Joe
johnjoe

Postby howie9791 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:03 am

i know exactly how you feel, I feel that way at the moment, you are not alone in the way you feel.
howie9791
Preferred Member

Postby Mattg » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:28 pm

So many people on here with similar feelings. I get the impression it is largely an intelligent, thoughtful collective, who seem really in-touch and aware of things in the world. What I think is there is if there is some kind of shared goal or purpose we could utilise our individual skills to contribute to. Some kind of action...

Direction, motivation and purpose are all things we have to figure out for ourselves, but there is some great inspiration and advice from people on here. Any ideas?
Mattg

Postby jurplesman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:21 am

Dear astrogirl,

The great thing about this discussion board is that you discover that you are not alone when you feel down. When I was sick I thought I was the only one in the world that was depressed and it was all my fault.

I have moved on and found out why I was depressed and this came from unexpected quarters.

Most people believe that when you are depressed it is all in the mind. Wrong!! In fact there are much simpler explanations for this.

Most people with depression have been found to be hypoglycemic, which is a medical disease which interferes with energy production. The brain needs energy to manufacture its feel good neurotransmitters , like derotonin.

That energy is derived form the sugars we eat in the food, and when there is an obstruction in converting this source of energy into biological energy we feel sad and depressed without knowing exactly why.

It is all explained at our web site;

Read:

What is Hypoglycemia?

The Serotonin Connection. See here

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

and discuss with a Nutritional Doctor or a Clinical Nutritionist.
jurplesman

Postby Skybound » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Read Viktor E. Frankl - Man´s search for meaning!!!

It will help you, no matter what situation you are in. If you are sad it will bring you up and if you are happy it will keep you grounded ;-)

It´s a very good book - not too heavy and you can easily take it to heart.
It will help you - that´s a promise. I would say it´s my bible :D

Here are some quotes from Viktor ;-)

"Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time."

"What is to give light must endure burning."

"For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

Take Care
Skybound
Skybound
Preferred Member

Postby astrogirl » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:03 pm

thank you all so much for replying to my post. you guys made me smile :) it's all very insightful and very helpful.

it's all very much appreciated.

:D
astrogirl

Postby iainridley » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:43 pm

astrogirl wrote:i feel so unhappy about myself in general. i don't know why. i feel like there is something lacking in my life. and i can't seem to get to where i want to go. i feel like a total failure. i don't know is it just me or are there people out there who feel the same way?

i have no one to talk to, so i just though i can vent out here.

thank you for reading.

:(

I know exactly how you feel..
iainridley

Next