Can a bottle of aspirin kill you?

Discussions in depression - new perspectives on depression. Get help if you are suffering, and discuss approaches if you are a therapist.

Postby thatfuglyobesegirl » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:42 pm

Because I want to be successful this time!
thatfuglyobesegirl
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: hell

Postby Olgadapolga » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:52 pm

Please chack out the befrienders website and find someone to talk to http://www.befrienders.org/helplines/he ... asp?c2=USA
Olgadapolga
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Bristol, uk

Postby benni » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:55 pm

Please talk with someone .. even if you phone the samaratans... life may not be good .. burt it is important to rem,ember it is precious and we only have one life.... we are all struggling on this site .. but we can all help eachother ... please dont think of killing yourself
benni
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:59 pm

Postby KYS » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:12 am

Agree entirely with olga and benni.

In any case, do you seriously think that someone on this site would advise you about a way to commit suicide. Get real, we're all here because we want to survive and recover, and we want everyone else here to do the same - including you.

Death is a one-way street and in 99.999999999999999999999999999999% of cases (you get the picture) there is another option.

You think your mother doesn't like you - my mother didn't like me either, so I left. That was a long time ago, and I've survived in spite of her.

And just for the record, a bottle of aspirin would be very unlikely to kill you. What it would do though, is cause severe damage to the lining of your stomach and internal bleeding. So it would be all pain and no gain.
KYS
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:24 pm
Location: Gloucestershire, UK

Postby Olgadapolga » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:20 am

KYS wrote:And just for the record, a bottle of aspirin would be very unlikely to kill you. What it would do though, is cause severe damage to the lining of your stomach and internal bleeding. So it would be all pain and no gain.


Having OD's on aspirin as when I was 13 I can add it makes you feel really unwell but 26 years later I am still here.
Olgadapolga
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Bristol, uk

Postby echelon » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:24 am

The problem with attempting suicide by taking an overdose is that the outcome is far from certain.

It is very difficult these days to get hold of medications that are effective and if somebody takes an overdose of some of the stuff that's around they will simply cause organ damage which will cause long-term problems.

It is highly unlikely that aspirin would kill you - instead it will cause stomach bleeding and damage to liver and kidneys.

Barbiturates used to be the drug of choice for would-be suicides, but they're not prescribed very much these days.

If you go along this route, you could end up in a worse state than you are now I'm afraid.

I suggest that you visit your GP and discuss how you feel. You seem determined to reject any help though. I honestly don't know what's going on with you. Any problems that you have can be overcome with some determination on your part.
echelon
Full Member
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:58 pm

Postby Nicklt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:03 pm

Please talk to someone, like benni said even if it's just to the samaritans. I'm a samaritan and we are here to listen.

Aspirin wouldn't kill you, just damage you insides anyway you don't want to commit suicide. please talk to someone.
Nicklt
Full Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:19 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Postby Olgadapolga » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Nicklt wrote:Please talk to someone, like benni said even if it's just to the samaritans. I'm a samaritan and we are here to listen.

Aspirin wouldn't kill you, just damage you insides anyway you don't want to commit suicide. please talk to someone.


She is in the US which is why I gave her the befrienders web site to find one of the other organisations that are similar
Olgadapolga
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Bristol, uk

Postby good spirit » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:43 pm

If you're in the US then you can call this number toll free. You can be completely anonymous. You don't have to give your name, phone number, address or anything. And they are trained to listen and really help you. :D

1-800-784-2433
good spirit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:17 pm

Postby rabbit » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:35 am

OMG! You have exactly 69 posts! lol... don't ever post again to spoil it!!!

j/k
rabbit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:28 pm

Postby Festus » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:54 pm

Olgadapolga wrote:
KYS wrote:And just for the record, a bottle of aspirin would be very unlikely to kill you. What it would do though, is cause severe damage to the lining of your stomach and internal bleeding. So it would be all pain and no gain.


Having OD's on aspirin as when I was 13 I can add it makes you feel really unwell but 26 years later I am still here.


ditto..minus afew years in both categories
Festus
Junior Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:58 am




Return to Depression