Cipralex - Missed Dose

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby superior147 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:39 pm

I know that the instructions for Cipralex state that if you miss a dose you should just take the following dose as normal, never double the dosage.

I forgot to take my dose yesterday morning, I usually take it at 07.30 on working days and between 09.00 and 10.00 on weekends. But yesterday I only remembered that I hadn't taken it at about 14.00. So I was already a good few hours out of synch. I deliberated about what best to do and decided to just take it then. I have read about people having a few side effects after missing even just a single dose. Then this morning I took my dose as normal at 07.30.

My questions are, at what point in the day would you say it was 'too late' to take the tablet if you had forgotten to take it earlier? I mean, I wouldn't want to take it in the evening for example unless I was prepared to continue taking them in the evening. What should be the ideal or minimum seperation between taking one tablet and the next? For example, with paracetamol it's supposed to be four hours between tablets.

Also, has anyone on Cipralex completely missed a dose, either through intention or accident, and if so did you experience any side effects from missing that single dose?

Just asking out of curiosity really. All input appreciated...
superior147

Postby KYS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Well, if I remember rightly,the directions given with the contraceptive pill is that if you are more than 12 hours late, you may as well miss the dose out.

I would have thought that it was a reasonable rule for other once daily medication as well. Up to 8 hours late shouldn't make that much of a difference imo.

I honestly can't remember whether I ever missed out a dose when I was on cipralex, although once I'd got rid of the initial nausea, I didn't really suffer from any side effects.
KYS
Preferred Member

Postby eva » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi, i missed my dose yesterday for the first time, normally take it about the same time as you. It got to about late afternoon before i realised that i hadn't taken it.
I then started to think how do i feel---no different--- i think missing the occasional dose dosn't cause any adverse reaction, because of a build up of it already in the system.
I would also say leave at least 12 hours between doses,
Just my opinion :) hope it helps.
EVA
eva