Tickling feeling in chest

Postby sunshineofmylife » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:04 am

I keep getting a tickling feeling in my chest, stomach and throat --do you think that is associated with anxiety? I can't pin point when it started i think it might have been 2 weeks ago. Is anyone familiar with this and if so what can i do to get rid of it. Some people say its acid reflux, gas or stress. I'm not sure what it is... Please help!

thanks
sunshineofmylife

Likes Received: 0

Postby fishel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:33 am

Your health is too important to mess around with. The best way to know for sure is to visit your family doctor. Where there is no health, there is no way to enjoy life:)
fishel

Postby scampo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:34 pm

I've had 'tickling' feelings among many other types of feeling in my chest. I think a visit to your GP isn't a bad idea as he will reassure you nothing serious is wrong.

I think what happens with some of us is that we notice and focus on feelings that many other people have but manage, rather than notice them, to just ignore them. Focusing on body sensations sometimes magnifies them into monsters of a kind and then anxiety and panic can set it in.
scampo

Postby tm3912 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:31 am

scampo wrote:I've had 'tickling' feelings among many other types of feeling in my chest. I think a visit to your GP isn't a bad idea as he will reassure you nothing serious is wrong.

I think what happens with some of us is that we notice and focus on feelings that many other people have but manage, rather than notice them, to just ignore them. Focusing on body sensations sometimes magnifies them into monsters of a kind and then anxiety and panic can set it in.

You said it Scampo. Sunshine, I also have these tickling sensation in my chest. (I actually try to scratch my chest hoping that will help, it doesn't) It could be Acid reflux and should be checked out but mine is exactly what Scampo described. I get this tickling, I then assume it is my heart, I start to obsess about it and then it gets worse, etc. I'm taking medicine now that is helping some. Wish I had an answer for you but I don't as i can't seem to get rid of it. Good Luck.
tm3912

Postby purplemonkey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm

I get it too, and i'm pretty sure it is acid reflux
purplemonkey
Preferred Member

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks