Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Anxiety and Panic Attacks -> Tickling feeling in chest This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Tickling feeling in chest

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Panic Attacks and Anxiety Resources

Free panic attacks course

What are panic attacks? (article)

Panic attacks and your basic needs (article)

Anxiety and depression (article)

Anxiety FAQ

Panic attacks CD

Panic attacks

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
sunshineofmylife

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:04 am

Tickling feeling in chest    Reply with quote  

I keep getting a tickling feeling in my chest, stomach and throat --do you think that is associated with anxiety? I can't pin point when it started i think it might have been 2 weeks ago. Is anyone familiar with this and if so what can i do to get rid of it. Some people say its acid reflux, gas or stress. I'm not sure what it is... Please help!

thanks

fishel

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:33 am

Your health is too important to mess around with. The best way to know for sure is to visit your family doctor. Where there is no health, there is no way to enjoy life:)
scampo

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:34 pm

I've had 'tickling' feelings among many other types of feeling in my chest. I think a visit to your GP isn't a bad idea as he will reassure you nothing serious is wrong.

I think what happens with some of us is that we notice and focus on feelings that many other people have but manage, rather than notice them, to just ignore them. Focusing on body sensations sometimes magnifies them into monsters of a kind and then anxiety and panic can set it in.
tm3912

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:31 am

quote:
Originally posted by scampo
I've had 'tickling' feelings among many other types of feeling in my chest. I think a visit to your GP isn't a bad idea as he will reassure you nothing serious is wrong.

I think what happens with some of us is that we notice and focus on feelings that many other people have but manage, rather than notice them, to just ignore them. Focusing on body sensations sometimes magnifies them into monsters of a kind and then anxiety and panic can set it in.

You said it Scampo. Sunshine, I also have these tickling sensation in my chest. (I actually try to scratch my chest hoping that will help, it doesn't) It could be Acid reflux and should be checked out but mine is exactly what Scampo described. I get this tickling, I then assume it is my heart, I start to obsess about it and then it gets worse, etc. I'm taking medicine now that is helping some. Wish I had an answer for you but I don't as i can't seem to get rid of it. Good Luck.
purplemonkey
Preferred Member

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm

I get it too, and i'm pretty sure it is acid reflux

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: