Waking up early with ringing in the ears

Postby Paul Doherty » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 am

I have being using Cranio Sacral therapy which has done wonders for getting my body out of flight and fight.However my brain still gets overactive under stress and i seem to wake early each morning with an overactive brain and ringing in the ears.

Does anyone else get this.I think i have an overactive stress response but i dont know how to reduce this/switch it off.I have being using Cipralex for the last two years so i wonder whether my tolerance level on these meds has exceeded and i need a higher dose????

It feels as though a part of my brain is overactive(emotional brain/Limbic system???)

Any advise is welcome.
Paul Doherty

Likes Received: 0

Postby Paul David » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:58 am

Hi Paul,

It is very likely a stress response a slight imbalance in your body. I went through it for a while in my suffering, you are just better letting it be than bothering about it or trying to switch it off, the more you bother about it the more stress you create.

You could make sure and have it chacked out also just to be on the safe side. But mine just left me in time as I gave it its space and did not let it concern me too much.
Paul David

Postby Paul Doherty » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi Paul David,

I read your site and ordered your book as your advice seems similar to Claire Weekes where she said to accept it is half the battle.

My problem is like yours i fought this for 7 years going to numerous therapies and i treated it as a physical problem rather than pyschological.

I even went to USA for a brain scan who told me i had an overactive limbic system and Basal Ganglia (Depression and Anxiety).
Paul Doherty

Postby haze » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm

i feel like mine is due to clenching my jaw tightly while i sleep.
i've been told i should use a mouth guard
haze

Postby -hunter- » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:44 pm

THe ear ringing is somethign that i have also, and i'm not using any SSRI's.

They come when i wake up to early in the morning for a couple of days.
So it is not a direct cause of your med probably.
Ask your doc for some temporary Melatonine aid. The brains own sleeping hormone. Try to sleep safe and sound on these for a while and see if the ringing etc is gone.
-hunter-

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks