What does a skipped heart beat feel like?

Postby anxiousadam » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:27 am

Sometimes I think I have one but am not sure. I get wierd muscle twitches and contractions all over my body all the time. Sometimes I get similar feelings in my left breast. I have trouble telling if they are just chest muscles contracting or my heart. When this happens I don't notice any problems with the heart rate immediately after. I have been to docs in the past to check out the heart. Have had EKGs and they say all is fine and that I suffer from anxiety. Sometimes I worry though that I am just not having episodes while I am there.
anxiousadam

Likes Received: 0

Postby satanstoystore » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 am

worrying just makes the worry happen. If you love and care for your body then be proactive: eat healthy, get rest, exercise moderately. You might also want to eat bananas somewhat regularly (for potassium), and take a good calcium/magnesium supplement. if it's made out of shells (oyster shells) it's probably crap. get the good stuff even though it's more expensive. no it won't help your bones that much, unless you exercise significantly.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby Fatcat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 pm

I'm finding it interesting to read a few posts about people with heart complaints. On Wednesday I'm going to the doctor to get a 24 hour monitor fitted so they can try to catch when my heart 'stops' then starts again. And like you Anxiousadam, I'm worried that I'll wear this thing for 24 hours and nothing will happen and I'll look like a hypochondriac! Oh yeah and to make matters worse, I have a job interview straight after getting it fitted with the Executive Director and a Partner of a major worlwide corporation! :shock:
Fatcat

Postby bigpete87 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:57 am

Hey Fatcat,

I had the same thing, when my heart pauses for 1-2 second and resumes normal beating. I had it 3 times in a row and scared the crap out of me and almost went into full panic mode but i calmed myself down afterward. This happen when I suddenly woked up. I havent got that multiple pauses/skips since then.
bigpete87

Postby anxiousadam » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks for your responses. I am still wondering what exactly the feeling is like. From time to time I get that weird feeling in my stomach like I am on a roller coaster. It just happens real quick and then goes away right away. I got this feeling last night while I was sleeping actually. To be exact I dreamed that I was in a car going over rolling hills. I suspect that I may have been getting skipped heart beats. Any insight?
anxiousadam

Postby satanstoystore » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:41 am

anxiety
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby anxiousadam » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:16 pm

satanstoystore can you please be more specific

Thanks
anxiousadam

Postby satanstoystore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:04 am

ok, first it's in your name and your doctors say you have it. Next, the symptoms sound like anxiety. and the dream- usually I take everything as symbolism. the road is life, the car is how you're getting from place to place in your life.

actually, I shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Message jurplesman and take his hypoglycemia tests.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby tracie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Have a look at the thred "Heart skips a beat, PVC's"

Very informative :wink:
tracie

Postby dj9928 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:14 pm

This is what mine feels like, The heart misses a beat, stops for a second or 2 then starts again with a hard thump, much harder than the normal heart beat
dj9928