Drinking Alcohol while taking Citalopram?

Postby i_hate_danger » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:48 pm

In the past year I started to get panic attacks these past few months have been the worst. I went to my GP and who gave me Citalopram and Beta Blockers to help me cope with them I have been taking Citalopram for nearly two weeks and am just starting to feel the benefits.

I have just recently turned 18 and and drinking is a big part of my social life, I know alcohol is a depressant and it says don't drink with em, but i've never suffered with depression. So letting them take over my life would be like not going out with my friends and doing what everybody else my age is doing.

So what I'm trying to say is I am drinking with them and can anybody else who does the same give me some advice on what expect and stuff?

Tah xx
i_hate_danger

Postby john28 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Drinking and meds is a bad idea, but if you're still going to do it let someone else drive
john28

Postby WhatGoesAroundComesAround » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:19 pm

I know everyone says its best not to, but I've drank with my meds and been fine.

From Cardiff I see? I go there clubbin most weeks with my mates!
WhatGoesAroundComesAround

Postby prey1234 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:21 pm

I found that i just got a little drunk quicker and felt more hungover than normal the next day.

What was strange is the i could not stop chewing my lip (a side effect of taking E) so everyone thought i was on something! Which i'd never do! That was more funny than anything though!
prey1234

Postby WhatGoesAroundComesAround » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:24 pm

prey1234 wrote:
What was strange is the i could not stop chewing my lip (a side effect of taking E) so everyone thought i was on something! Which i'd never do! That was more funny than anything though!

Its funny you should mention that, I've been like that a couple of times!
WhatGoesAroundComesAround

Postby don frye » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 pm

if your problem is that bad you should just not drink and accept you'll have to make the odd sacrifice when it comes to changing for the better.yeah everyone your age is doing it but loads of people your age will do stuff aswell that dunt involve drinking.
don frye

Postby i_hate_danger » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:38 am

Went out this weekend. Defenatly right about gettin wasted faster, hangover wasn't too bad though, but been feeling really tight chested all day, anyone else find that?

Thank v much.
i_hate_danger

Postby prey1234 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:00 pm

I had a great night on Friday, i felt so relaxed and really enjoyed myself it was just what I needed I did drink quite alot too! But I felt fine the next day just my usual restlessness and anxiety but no worse than it would have been if I hadn't drank. I even had a few drinks on Sunday afternoon and was fine.
prey1234