Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Hypnosis -> How can I make my arm numb? Just for fun Reply to topic

How can I make my arm numb? Just for fun

Would you have major surgery under hypnosis alone?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Maybe...
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Hypnosis Resources

What hypnosis is and how it can help you (article)

Hypnosis Master Series (articles)

Hypnosis downloads library

Hypnosis scripts library

Free hypnosis script

Learn hypnosis in 5 days (free course)

Hypnosis Unwrapped DVD

How to use hypnosis CD

Online hypnosis training (course)

Precision hypnosis training (course)

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
tarasita

Post Fri May 04, 2007 7:12 pm

How can I make my arm numb? Just for fun    Reply with quote  

I saw a documentary where a woman was having surgery on her legs while she was still awake. She had no painkiller of any kind, except hypnosis... But, she was awake and chatting to the nurses! How can this be done?

Tara

Oh, and I might as well do a poll...

TheDarkJay
Preferred Member

Post Fri May 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Surprisingly, once you get past the stingy flesh, your insides are not very sensitive to pain.

Hell, things don't hurt really until you notice them. All she's really doing (using Hypnosis to aid this) is not noticing that her leg is being cut apart XD It's more complicated than that, but that's the basics of it.
tarasita

Post Fri May 04, 2007 8:16 pm

OK, I don’t know who put this on youtube, but for some reason they decided to include the ads. So, I’d advise you to turn the volume right down, minimise it and wait ‘till it loads completely so you can forward the ads! (exactly 5 minutes of ads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3B30jYV4c&mode=related&search=

Yeah, I get what your saying DJ; but, I think there must be something more. It’s almost as if she’s been sedated or something. She’s totally calm as she watches him stick a massive needle through her arm sideways and then he pulls upwards pulling her skin with it. And she’s just lying there smiling and nodding!

I don’t get it. Do we have a psychologist/hypnotherapist in the house?
TheDarkJay
Preferred Member

Post Fri May 04, 2007 8:37 pm

First of all you need quite suggestive, or hypnotically responsive, people for it to work. Interestingly enough, these kinds of people are the ones usually who feel intense pain when expecting it, and none when not expecting it anyway.

Relaxation reduces pain anyway, and then not expecting any pain reduces it more. She possibly DOES feel some pain, however it is not enough to cause any discomfort past a mild grunt. In fact, if you use drugs to numb the area the skin is cut anyway (which is even in using Hypnosis still common), then once you get past that area, you shouldn't feel any or much real pain anyway.

Skin is sensative, but this can be ignored by simple relaxation, suggestion and belief.
Internal areas are unsensative, so you can be cut just about anywhere inside without feeling that much pain.
LOL

Post Fri May 25, 2007 7:47 pm

hahaha u wanna numb your arm for fun, lol I think so yes for fun you're taking "the stranger" to a whole other level ROFLMAO Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
JonChase

Post Sun May 27, 2007 10:05 am

Lean on your elbow for five minutes.
Wink

It's the only way to make your arm 'numb' outside of Novacaine or some such local.

In the operation the woman isn't numb and is feeling everything.

Hypnosis does not turn off the nervous system, it adjusts and changes the mental reaction to the event.

As far as your nerves are concerned there is no difference to a gentle stroke or a hard slap. Different nerves appear to fire in different ways for each event but all they can do is fire a chemical reaction which sends a signal to the brain.

Now the ind becomes aware and decides from it's patterns of reaction what to do about it. IF the response should be hurt then you'll hurt. If not then you won't.

So with self suggestion - no such thing as self hypnosis - tell yourself it doesn't hurt and then prove it.

Of course you'll really have to believe - and I do mean really.

Smiles
JonC
www.jonathanchase.com

Reply to topic

Jump to: