The Lefkoe Method - Does it really work?

Postby chopcow » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 pm

I've been doing research on how to get rid of my phobia of public speaking. I came across this thing called "The Lefkoe Method" and they claim to eliminate the public speaking phobia in less than 4 hours.

I thought at first that it was a ridiculous idea that an ingrained phobia that I've had my entire life could be eliminated in 4 hours, but then after doing research on it, I haven't heard one single negative review or comment about it as being a scam.

All I see are numerous testimonies that it works and that the people say they wish they did it earlier.

So before throwing down the $800 bucks it cost to do this, I wanted to see if anyone knows if it is a scam or not.

I usually go by the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is."...but some part of me is pipe-dreaming that this Lefkoe Method thing actually works.

Any feedback on what you know about this Lefkoe Method would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
chopcow

Likes Received: 0

Postby Forumer3 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:27 pm

chopcow wrote:
"If it sounds too good to be true, then it is."

^^That is the answer to your question.^^

I don't believe that someone that REALLY wants to help people would charge a lot for that service. You cannot possibly want to help someone and be a greedy bastard at the same time. $800?! lol
It's clear that this is a scam.

If I found a way to cure myself, I would go to this forum and tell everyone for FREE how I cured myself. I wouldn't just give links or names of books or doctors. I would actually tell in DETAIL how I did it, so everyone can know.
I'd spend a lot of time writing a full blown guide, even if it would take me days, weeks or months. I wouldn't charge a penny for this. How can I take money from people who suffer already? People with agarophobia cant even work! By the way, that's another reason to prove that all these "methods" are scams. If the people who created these methods knew anything about people who suffer from anxiety/phobias they'd know that these people cannot afford to pay money for things because many of them cant even leave their house.
Forumer3

Postby Adora » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:37 am

On the other hand, the people who are in the help business need to make a living too. They need to pay for their studies, do a lot of research, etc. In other words, they are selling you a therapy, they don't do charity.
Adora
Preferred Member

Postby sgreen007 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:49 am

Find a good NLP or EFT practititioner in your area. They will help you a lot
quicker, and for a lot less money.
sgreen007
Preferred Member

Postby chopcow » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I disagree that the $800 is greedy.

Many psychiatrists charge between $100 to $200 per hour, so four $200 sessions doesn't shock me or come across as greedy or a scam. It is pretty standard rate for what most psychiatrists and psychologists charge.

As for whether it is real, I still have no idea.

Thanks Sgreen for the input on the NLP or EFT practitioner. I will look into those solutions.

If I ever get the nerve to pay the $800 for The Lefkoe Method, I will post here to let you know if I thought it was worth it.
chopcow

Postby Forumer3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:27 am

chopcow wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

I disagree that the $800 is greedy.

That is because you have the money, and you are probably not homebound. I am 25, and I never held more than $200 in my hands in the course of my whole life. Pathetic? Maybe to someone that doesn't know me.

Many people suffering from anxiety disorder also have agoraphobia - a debilitating condition that makes people partially or completely homebound. Now.. If you take that into account, how do you propose these people come up with $800? Ask their parents? Friends? Not everyone can go around asking for money you know...

I don't expect you to agree with me. I'm just trying to get you to see another side of the coin.

Adora wrote:On the other hand, the people who are in the help business need to make a living too. They need to pay for their studies, do a lot of research, etc. In other words, they are selling you a therapy, they don't do charity.

Arguing with you on this issue would be like me arguing with someone about the healthcare system in America. I'd be telling you that the healthcare should be 100% free to everyone regardless of social status and financial situation, because a sick person must get help just because he/she is a human being. You'd be telling me that the doctors are not greedy, and they need to make a living too. I'd tell you that the govt. should pay the doctors for the services they provide. Not the people. They pay for doctors with their taxes. I'd also tell you that a barber, for example, works just as hard as a doctor, but gets a lot less money for his hard work, and you'd tell me that I'm wrong(despite me being right). This discussion would ultimately lead nowhere, because the only way you'd understand me, is if you'd end up in my shoes. (something that I don't wish even upon my enemies) ;)

Good luck. I hope this $800 method helps you, and you'll be cured. Then you'll prove to me that it's not a scam.
Forumer3

Postby Adora » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:32 am

I agree that it would be good thing for it to be free.

Recently, I have seen some TV shows about Cuba and Fidel Castro, a person whom I grew to admire a lot, because he took very seriously the job of taking care of his fellow citizens. From what they said, healthcare in Cuba is free.

The problem is that the people who take part in this discussion do not live in Cuba. For North America, healthcare as a business is the normal way of life and healthcare as charity is only rarely found.

And pragmatically speaking, 800$ shouldn't be a problem. To the worse case, where you can't afford it, you can get a loan of 800$ from somebody, you get yourself a job, and within 6 months, you can pay the loan back, with 20% interest. Both parties are in profit. Assuming it really works, of course.
Adora
Preferred Member

Postby ballac » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:20 pm

I found a site explaining Lefkoe Method. Look for pdf files. Type in google "speaking without fear faq". I hope it will be helpful.
ballac

Postby paulg » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 pm

I can 100% confirm that it works. It worked for me and, even though I had to take a loan to pay for it, it was the best money I have ever spent. I had tried so many things (NLP, hypnosis, positive thinking, many self-help books etc) and this was the only "treatment" which worked. It really is profound.

I can see why some people might be cynical, but the money thing represents your own value system. People are not bad because they charge for a service. These people are good because the service they offer is so positive, transforming and liberating.

Since doing the sessions, I feel like a different person. I have a sense of ease and peace which was missing before. I have also committed myself to making myself available to others, in order to help them too. As such, I am currently taking the TLM training. The people behind TLM are exceptionally honest, profound and genuine.

This might make me seem like a biased person but, in truth, I had the same reservations before paying for the service: everyone told me it was too good to be true and HAD to be a scam. Well, they are wrong.

Also, the assertion that you can just tell someone how to help themselves is incorrect. We all know how we should be. Most people who are fearful of, for example, Public Speaking often accept that their reaction to it is irrational. There is no "how-to" for this method, in the same way that knowing how hypnosis works probably won't make you a great hypnotist.

As has been previously pointed out, the Method is pretty clear.
It's printed all over the official website. Knowing HOW it works is entirely different from experiencing it, as the actual method accepts you as a unique human being (not some machine that needs instructions). As such, there is no "do this and this will happen" approach. Every person has a different way of looking at the world, different wiring and needs to be handled differently...

$800 is not cheap, I admit, but you have to weigh up what getting rid of your limiting beliefs mean to you. I would have paid more to get the same effects. That makes neither of us right. I just figured that feeling crappy was a big enough price for me...

Just because nothing has worked for you before does not mean nothing will work for you in future. I truly believe that there is a technique for everyone.

If you want to know more, please let me know. And, in case you think I'm just trying to sell you on this, give me a call. I'm more than happy to give out my number to anyone who wants to know how TLM helped me...
paulg

Postby vicky4321 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 pm

If you're still about, paulg, can you tell me a little bit about what it involves and how it helped you, on here?

Thanks,

Vicky
vicky4321

Postby opentrail » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Yes the method does work.

If you are apprehensive about shelling out $200 and not the $800 as quoted by various other people, then I suggest people first read Morty Lefkoe's 200 page book available from Amazon US "Re-Create your life: Transforming yourself and your world with the decision maker process ISBN 978-0-9707449-1-3". It costs a fraction of the cost and takes you through the process and lots of case studies to help you understand how the process works.

What a fantastic book. The method is actually very simple yet a complete revelation. Once you experience it it feels like the penny has finally dropped - Aha! It completely changed my outlook on life after identifying and eliminating 15+ dysfunctional behaviors over an intensive week. I am now a complete fan and supporter of Morty's method. The book does mention that one should use a Lefkoe facilitator. In The Netherlands, (Europe), as far as I am aware there were/are no Lefkoe Facilitators so I had to do this myself - I was determined.

Anyway - I was so impressed with the impact that I decided to purchase the "Eliminate Fear of Speaking" dvd to see if I could find or eliminate further beliefs and improve my Public Speaking.

The major core beliefs I had already identified from the book. However it was useful to view the dvd and pick up on some other beliefs I had to eliminate.

I see 2 advantages of the "Eliminating Fear of Public Speaking" DVD over the book:

1. time. I agree that the dvd needs 4-6 hours, whereas it took me using the book a complete intensive week.

2. I can imagine that some people need a facilitator to help you uncover the source in the most effective manor. The DVD facilitates this process, but of course it is a dvd and not a person. Nevertheless, the crux, is in the dvd's questioning and scenarios.

One advantage of the book over the DVD is that the book is more general in its application. Valuable application examples such as parenting and business are presented in the book. The DVD is purely focussed on eliminating fear of public speaking.

My advice would be buy both products! If you don't really trust this advice then buy the book. If you have bought the DVD then you have already gone through the process - the only fine tuning would be to buy and read the book to help you use the method for different application.

I certainly feel much more confident and if one can reduce 1 week into 4 hours then I'm all for it. So $200 is well worth it and it doesn't matter if you are a student or 65+!

Hope that helps people decide. If you need further information, or you live in Amsterdam and need some help, feel free to contact me.
opentrail

Postby vicky4321 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Thank you. What are the basics of this approach?
vicky4321

Postby opentrail » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Vicki,

The method is:

1. Identify common patterns/habits that may lead to dysfunctional behavior.

Example: I always have to prove myself.

2. Identify from your patterns the source and core beliefs such as “I am not good enough”.

Example: My mother always used to criticize anything I did. She never gave me a compliment. She never had any time for me.

Several patterns could lead to the same belief. Conversely some patterns can re-enforce other patterns.

3. The conclusion you made then was the right conclusion based on the information you knew. We don't want to persuade you to think otherwise.

4. Now Brainstorm and look at other possibilities, interpretations, of the original event.

My mother never had any time for me because she was always tired from working too hard.

My mother never had any time for me but that doesn't mean other people won't have time for me.

My mother always used to critize anything I did - but that doesn't mean other people will.

My mother always used to critize anything I did because she was jealous that she couldn't do it either.

My mother always used to criticize me as it was her way of showing me the right way to do something.

and so on... get the idea.

5. Look - can you physically see the core belief - is it visible in the room?

Example: Can you touch your belief "I'm not good enough"? Of course not… it is just an interpretation based on a past event. The penny begins to drop…

6. Eliminate it. Given the information you know now was your interpretation - “the truth”? Of course not - it was “a truth”. There were other possible interpretations/reasons for the event.

Example: we just brainstormed that.

7. Look - can you still see your core belief? "I'm not good enough?". The answer should be no. Bingo - you have eliminated your belief.

It sounds really simple - and the funny thing is it is. I couldn't believe how simple it was till I tried it on myself and found I had a different outlook.

Morty's book explains this in more detail with lots of case studies. The DVD takes you through the process.

Hope that gives you enough information.

- Jonathan.
opentrail

Postby rmp251 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:05 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious... chopcow, did you try the method?
rmp251

Postby paulo111 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:45 am

rmp251 wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious... chopcow, did you try the method?

Sorry to sound a pessimist, but dont build your hopes up expecting results from the joe blogg method, or the donald duck technique, they are set up by fraudsters to take the cash off the weak and desperate which us anxiety sufferers usually are.
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Next