How can I get rid of fainting...

Postby Sarah_N » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:02 pm

when they take a few drops of my blood for analysis?

Today I did it. At work. And scared [i.e. worried] most of my colleagues. I came out of the room where they took a few drops of my blood for medical analysis (I am new at work and such papers are needed), I didn't know this was going to happen today, I was called for a psychiatric evaluation test and for taking my blood pressure, I came out of the respective room, everything was ok, and a few steps later when I got into the teachers' room, when I was closing the door behind me, it happened. I managed to sit on a chair and then they realised I was not feeling well and gave me some water to drink, then I felt better and thought I could take the test, I sat down and a few seconds later I felt sick again and rested with my head on the table, my colleagues panicked and called the doctors, then I was able to walk to their room after a few more sips of water. I was given something to smell, sat down, they took my blood pressure and it was lower. I was allowed to drink some Coke.
This happened psychologically, due to fear, they told me...
My question is, how can I get rid of this fear?
Sarah_N

Postby zen17 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 am

You need to learn how to breathe properly. You faint because your anxiety is preventing bloodflow to your brain. Relaxed deep breathing will open the circulation to your brain and you should be able to control it.
zen17

Postby Sarah_N » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:23 pm

thank you for the answer
Sarah_N

Postby zen17 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:16 pm

there is a great eBook that has all the information you need...
it's called BREATHE SMART by Aaron Hoopes
https://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/Bo ... okID=36318

good luck
zen17