Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Psychology -> How do I stop flipping out when I get upset about things This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

How do I stop flipping out when I get upset about things

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Psychology Resources

Psychology articles

Free Self-Help articles

Uncommon Knowledge Psychology Newsletter

Popular Psychology Book Reviews

Psychology Training Courses

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
MissC

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:06 pm

How do I stop flipping out when I get upset about things    Reply with quote  

I really want to stop flipping out when I get upset about things. I feel like I lose control and then my behaviour become completely unpredictable and erratic. This is obviously not a good way to conduct myself, can anyone relate and does anyone know why do I behave like this.

I have done it since I was a child and really want to stop. Can anyone help as I would be so grateful as I really can't figure out why I keep behaving like this?

sebas
Preferred Member

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Well it's hard to reverse a pattern that's been printed in your psyche for years. It's definitely a long, exhausting, frustrating and expensive process (not in terms of money, although you may spend some grands in therapy if you're willing to get professional help), and there are no guarantees that you're gonna succeed.

Yet it's not impossible, and if you try hard enough (without becoming too eager), and with patience, persistence and continuity, you'll overcome that.

Do you remember why did you do it as a child?
Odeena

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 am

Well, the first step to solving a problem is understanding that problem. In doing that, you're already half-way through [<- or at least that's what I like to say Smile].

Keeping control can be surprisingly difficult at times ~ everybody flips out every now and then. Still, before losing control in a given situation, try to stop for a moment and think about it objectively. Is it really worth losing your temper? Or is it just a small bother? If you stop and think about it in a calm manner [...well, as calmly as you can], you'll realize that some, if not most of your anger has already subsided.
Tahir

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:37 am

two words.....your human. We all make mistakes in any given situation and at times we dont produce the result that we desire. Dont get mad at yourself for not performing to your standards. We are our own worst critics. Now i am not saying set the bar lower what i am trying to say is eliminate the need for a bar. Focus more on the desired result instead of the process to obtaining the result. You know what you want. Do the steps to getting there have to be picture perfect if you get the same result as if it were perfect? It will come forth if you want it badly enough. All you have to do is believe that it will.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: