Everyone please read! Anxiety Cured!

Postby theboydonut » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:31 pm

Hi there
I have suffered from anxiety for two years! I have suffered from panic attacks muscle spasms, migranes, palpitations bouts of crying and numerous othjer symptoms. Ive posted on this website for at least a year and got no where as helpfull and supportive as everyone has been on here nothing worked ive been tested for everything had a heart monitor and nothing was found, i was ready to chuck in the towel and be put on beater blocks or srri's!

However my doctor dianosed me with hyperventilation disorder I researched into this to find the main cause of this is magnesium deficency. I found two sites extremely helpfull and after just four days of sensible magnesium supplements my anxiety and most symptoms have nearly disapperared or have been greatly reduced!

visit these websites for a very interesting read!

http://www.drlam.com/A3R_brief_in_doc_f ... dAging.cfm

http://www.mdheal.org/magnesiu1.htm

And please dont think im some PR man for the magnesium industry im just like all of you guys!
theboydonut

Likes Received: 0

Postby suspect » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:49 am

Hi mate

I suffer panick attacks, have done for eight years, I'll try anything, would love to know exactly what you have taken to resolve your problem

cheers
suspect

Postby Ginny » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:44 am

I am just so happy that you found that a lack of Magnesium was the solution to your problem. This could have been serious. I looked at the websites you mentioned and they were interesting. I am not suprised that you were not diagnosed properly. This is really sad because many people are walking around not knowing what is wrong and it can be as simple as a nutritional deficiency. I would contact the doctor that you had been going to and make him aware of his misdiagnosis so that he does not do it again to another individual. When he told you it was hyperventalation syndrome
he should have known how to treat it! And should not have sent you home to figure it out for yourself. It was very wise of you to be proactive and research the problem.
I wish that all doctors were sufficiently trained in nutrition, don't you?

For example there has been much research showing fish oils (with high Omega 3's EPA)are tremendous help to people with depression, bipolar, scitzophrenia, & anxiety, and also helps other behavioral problems.
http://www.psycheducation.org/depressio ... mega-3.htm
http://www.nordicnaturals.com/researchtopics.asp
http://www.nordicnaturals.com/direct/re ... orders.asp
http://www.pharmaceutical-grade-fish-oi ... ssion.html
http://www.psycheducation.org/depressio ... mega-3.htm
http://www.aaronsfreebies.com/fish-oil.html

You may want to add these to your diet. They are good for everyone and healthy for alot of other things besides emotional problems. They are worth a try for some because not everyone has a magnesium deficientcy.
Ginny

Postby theboydonut » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:56 am

thanks ginny!

I have talked to my doctor and he is reading my findings! He apologised and said that this is not the stuff they get taught and med school! I must stress he is the best doctor I have ever seen and did listen to me when I turned up in his surgery at least twice a week! for a month!

I'll get a bit sciencey hear but it is amazing stuff!

I am a musican and i've been exposed to loud noise for at least half my life! Noise whether its music traffic or crying children causes adrealine which inturn depletes magnesium blood levels! wen that is all used upur body takes magnesium from the cells and bones in your body! too much noise exposure over time will leave you depleted! Magnesium is the bodys way of regulating breathing heartbeat and electrical nerve function! Hands up who gets panic attacks migranes heart palpitations muscle spasms! me ! and a bet alot of you!

Studies have shown people who are lacking in magnesium in the body cells may show their blood level magnesium to be fine it is difficult to obtain a magnesium cell reading and my doctor said he doesn thinjk i'll be able to get one on the NHS

Anyway what im getting at is we are more stressed and anxious as people due to our overexposure to noise and i think this could be the answer to alot of people who read this forum! all my friends that have panic attacks are musicans and two of them are drummmers!

I really think with a bit of research ive cracked the riddle for a large percentage of us thjat are told its all in our minds!

Please dont rush out and eat magnesium till it comes out ur ears to much is dangerous and you should disscuss anything with ur GP or nutritionalist!
theboydonut

Postby theboydonut » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:27 pm

oh and if anyone would like a complete explanation of this then please contact me through the private messages i really do believe this is the holy grail for anxiety not just for me but everyone that slips trough the net of medical testing!!!!! and it also is a factor in insulin resistance something that jurplesman has talked about so much on this forum!
theboydonut

Postby pimples » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 pm

post 1 of 10
pimples

Postby Mica » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:00 pm

Lucky you man, not just for getting rid of mental disorder, but rather for finding a real cause.

Chromium/Magnesium/Calcium deficiency can be the cause of liver malfuction causing insulin resistance which in turn causes hypoglycemia. ;) Which in turn produces symptoms of hypoglycemic syndrome, one being panic attack.
Mica
Preferred Member

Postby chrisleeds29 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Hey!
Good for you mate.
Could you tell me how much you have a day? Daily dosage of these these minerals?
Cheers
chrisleeds29

Postby Maynard F.Periwinkle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:12 am

works both ways of course - hyperventilation syndrome is present in most anxiety/panic/agoraphobia cases; and rarely diagnosed

and it can deplete magnesium on its own... definetly make sure you're taking a good supplement and eating a mg rich diet - but try the buteyko technique and reduced breathing too and stick with them if you've got acute symptoms

usually, if you've had hyperventilation syndrome long enough, you'll need to work to bring the CO2 levels up anyway - the body gets used to low CO2... (typical symptoms: panic, yawning a lot, unable to take a deep breath, social phobia, hypoglycemia, irregular heartbeat, fatigue, lots of colds, etc.)
Maynard F.Periwinkle
Preferred Member

Postby Aisling » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:50 am

someone else mentioned taking magnesium to help the panic attacks. It would make sense as during high levels of stress, I don't eat aswell as I should which would have supplemented my magnesium levels!

Thanks for posting
Aisling

Postby anxietycrusher » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:08 pm

This is actually super-interesting to me. It just goes to show that there are so many different ways to cure anxiety...and without meds too! I myself was cured of anxiety but in a different way,using specific psychological techniques that not only calmed me down when i started getting panic attacks, but eventually caused me to stop having symptoms period! I was so excited about it that I created a website with my entire story on it and exactly how I went about curing myself. And believe me, my anxiety was BAD.

It doesn't require taking anything though, not even magnesium. I wish I could share it with you guys but i'm a new member and I can't do that. When I'm able to I'll post my site and hopefully I can help somebody just like people on the forums did back when I had terrible anxiety.
anxietycrusher

Postby Forumer3 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 pm

theboydonut wrote:Hi there
I have suffered from anxiety for two years! I have suffered from panic attacks muscle spasms, migranes, palpitations bouts of crying and numerous othjer symptoms. Ive posted on this website for at least a year and got no where as helpfull and supportive as everyone has been on here nothing worked ive been tested for everything had a heart monitor and nothing was found, i was ready to chuck in the towel and be put on beater blocks or srri's!

However my doctor dianosed me with hyperventilation disorder I researched into this to find the main cause of this is magnesium deficency. I found two sites extremely helpfull and after just four days of sensible magnesium supplements my anxiety and most symptoms have nearly disapperared or have been greatly reduced!

visit these websites for a very interesting read!

http://www.drlam.com/A3R_brief_in_doc_f ... dAging.cfm

http://www.mdheal.org/magnesiu1.htm

And please dont think im some PR man for the magnesium industry im just like all of you guys!

Sounds fishy.... Don't you think that if someone REALLY had magnesium deficiency a doctor would notice it earlier while doing simple blood tests? We all have hundreds of blood tests done throughout our lives. Someone would notice a deficiency by now.

Several times I asked my doctor to test my blood for EVERYTHING and the tests always came back as normal.

I'm glad you are "cured", but panic attacks/migraines/agoraphobia due to hypoglycemia or magnesium deficiency are VERY rare. Most people who suffer from these ailments have it for "unknown" reasons. If this wasnt the case, most people with above problems would be cured.

PS: You said your anxiety is gone, but what about headaches? The are a big problem for me personally, and no one can help me. Seen hundreds of doctors, none of them know what the cause is.
Forumer3

Postby Mica » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:28 pm

Hey ibex333,

The trick is that conventional doctors are not trained to notice it. Also, simple blood tests are not ANY simple, and ironically are not well done by conventional doctors.

Hypoglycemia is not all about just taking the blood sugar levels from blood. It is more about the progression of blood sugar levels throughout time. The peaks and falls are more important.

Regarding magnesium/calcium testing, most of magnesium is stored inside the cells (intracellular) so it won't show on simple blood tests.

Before you continue to disregard the nutritional aspect of mental disorders please take a read at http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au and the links posted in the first post of this topic (they can explain you a lot, too). It is far more complex than you can believe.

Thanks for reading.
Mica
Preferred Member

Postby eljefe » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm

What Magnesium supplement are you using?
eljefe

Postby Mustela » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Wow, very interesting. I didnt know that such deficiencies could cause anxiety and have an effect on the body like that.
I have been bulimic for 11 years and suffer with a few nutrional deficiencies as a result. Im unsure about my magnesium levels but I know that my electrolytes are very often out of balance, potassium and sodium.

I'll definitely be asking to get this checked.

Thanks for posting!

Emily
Mustela

Next

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks