Infantilism

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.

Postby Ralph000 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Recently, I have read an article about Infantilism.
As we all know, it is a paraphilia which the sufferers would become sexually aroused when they wear diapers and are treated like infants.
These people are who we call "adult babies".

I have thought about its causes and want to discuss with others about this.
What do you think about the cause of Infantilism?

(In my opinion, it may be caused by encountering Psychological Traumas during age of 3 to 5. As these toddlers have just leave the stage as infants, their unconcious mind may become "afraid of passing infant stage". Thus, they would desire to become babies and Infantilism arise.)
Ralph000

Postby Evilgood » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 pm

Well, let me explain, as I too become sexually aroused when my diaper is changed. Its just really sweet when you don't gotta wipe, go to a "bathroom," and all that petty nonsense. Plus, babies love sucking on things, and so do "adult babies." Everyone loves to suck. Maybe the real crazies are the one who don't want to be treated like infants. They need to grow up.
Evilgood

Postby icecoldheat21 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Ralph,
You know, this is the first time I've heard of this. It makes me wonder too why! But could that question be lumped in with: why are some older people sexually attracted to children?
Do you think it's a question that can really be answered?
Let me know if you find out anything more on it....I'm curious!

Take care
icecoldheat21
Preferred Member

Postby subsumedpat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 pm

You need to separate a couple of things, getting a paraphilic fetish and the selection of it.

Too many people look for a single event or experiences to figure out what happened to cause the fetish, in this case diaper fetish. But it does not work like that, everything does not come together at an event and create the fetish. First you become susceptible to getting a fetish then your mind fixes on something, perhaps by the chance of timing or more likely a couple of things. Then it imprints on it and your stuck with the fetish.

This explains why 2 people can go through the exact same treatment and one comes out with a fetish and one does not. First something happened, perhaps it was the brain injury or the bout with epilepsy then I later but still at a young age fixated on a couple of things. The diaper perhaps because I got put back in diapers for wetting the bed then a couple of years later the enema perhaps because I remember getting at series of them in the hospital before a procedure.

I am convinced that had it not been the diaper I still would have got a fetish for something else, so it is not so much what caused the diaper fetish but what caused a fetish at all in the first place, the diaper was just chance I imagine.

I guess I am lucky, I am glad I don't have a fetish from something illegal or that hurts someone. I only have to worry about embarrassing myself.
subsumedpat

Return to Psychology