I FEEL my life is not worth living anymore

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.

Postby IamaLoser » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:10 am

person i live with is throwing rages and getting hysterical at me, constant behaviour, its accelerating.....like every natural disaster roled into one imagine as an emotinal turmoil, this how this person acts towards me, everything said is a bad, no sorry utterly hateful remark about me :cry: :cry: I FEEL my life is not worth living anymore
IamaLoser

Postby LuLuFree » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Can you leave? Do you have somewhere you can go?

If you are feeling physically threatened, please call the police.

Do you think this person may have a mental illness that is not being treated (ie, Explosive disorder, bi polar disorder, etc)? If so, and you feel they are a danger to you or to themselves, you can call the hospital and have them taken there for a few days.

The first thing I would do is get out of there, even if only for a few hours.

Can you tell us a little more about the situation, so that we can help?
LuLuFree

Postby Verb » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:14 am

Please don't let someone make you feel like your life isn't worth living because I bet your life is more valuable than theirs. Call the cops on him, he won't act like that when he's the one at a disadvantage.

Leave.

Good luck. :(
Verb

Postby Self Evolution » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:07 pm

More information would be good.

Understand this though - don't ever let ANYONE tell you what YOU are. ONLY YOU decide that.... especially if the person has mental issues currently.

Right now, you need to

A) seperate yourself from them

and

B) realize no matter how damaged your view of life has become, it is ABSOLUTELY worth living. No matter how hopeless you may feel, and how hard it may be to see a reason, THERE IS ONE.

Don't fall into the trap... you gotta force yourself, at least until you can get out and see it again.

It probably sucks when you're stuck in that room, listening to them bring you down. But does it feel at least a little better when you get them to shut up, and go outside? I'm sure it does... and that right there is proof that there's more things out there.... if you simply find a way to escape your current situation. Get out for a few hours and think about it, without them around.

Focus all of your depression and negative feelings on getting away from them and on seeing the good things while you are away from them... You have to TRY IT before you give up on anything!
Self Evolution

Postby IamaLoser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:44 pm

trouble again with person i live with, im separating myself, but now the person is invading that privacy and challenging me in an aggressive manner, as if trying to control my behaviour, saying "dont you treat me this way"

can i ask what way they're talking about, im sitting reading? in a non-confrontational manner out of their sight? they're going out of they're way to come up, and also they're pacing/fast up and down, uncaracteristic fast movements

i try to distract myself by putting earphones on so i cant hear the threats and abusive shouting that comes in spurts from nowhere, the person would be gutted if they heared me now, but i just cant deal with this constant erratic behaviour, its actually controlling and sadly im feeling quite controlled by it

Is there any way i can be in the environment, but concentrate on my own work amidst this fuelling anger they have within them, and not be consummed by it?
Last edited by IamaLoser on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IamaLoser

Postby IamaLoser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:28 pm

dp
Last edited by IamaLoser on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IamaLoser

Postby IamaLoser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:37 pm

dp
Last edited by IamaLoser on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IamaLoser

Postby IamaLoser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:37 pm

i feel so angry to say something, cos the prson is makin myself and another person call them person2's life hell, and infront of guests the person has a co-operative personality, life and soul of the party and has this coy smile to me and person2 infront of the guests, like see im winning so you dont mess with me. then there is a complete flip in the personality when these people are gone....
Last edited by IamaLoser on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IamaLoser

Postby IamaLoser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 pm

anybody, its killing me?
Last edited by IamaLoser on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IamaLoser

Postby European.girl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:07 pm

lamaloser is this person a relative???? how old are you if you dont mind me asking? so they are playing mind games with you and manipulating the situation to make it look like you are the one in the wrong?
European.girl

Postby Radagast » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:44 pm

IamaLoser wrote:person i live with is throwing rages and getting hysterical at me...

European Girl just pointed me to your thread. It's a tough situation. Without a mediator (ie, somebody who can step in and put the other person right), then you're constantly on the defensive if it's not in your nature to play the blame game.

I suggest that the next time this person starts hurling abuse in your direction, kill it stone dead by asking, in as deadpan a tone of voice as you are able "why are you shouting at me?" If they won't answer the question, then the next time they pause for breath, ask the question again. And again, and again. If they do answer, then it will probably be to blame you, judging by what you've written. And it will probably be in the style of "you always..." Don't even bother arguing with that. Just reply "always?" and if this person confirms that you always do this thing (which is nigh on impossible), then there is nothing else to discuss. Just say "OK," and walk away. This does not mean that you are agreeing, it merely means that you are confirming that you have understood their perspective. If they answer "no, not always," then you've got movement, and you can start to have a rational conversation.

Matt
Radagast

Postby ICanHelp » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi IamaLoser
What do you think would cure the problem?
ICanHelp