too scared to kill myself, too unhappy to live

Postby bonemachine » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:57 am

i dont want to be here anymore. i posted something in another section and i've been to the hospital before. help. suggestions.
bonemachine

Postby kerryloo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:19 am

bonemarche
hi there. I recognise your feelings well. been feeling the same way myself. the doc said to find something you really enjoy doing but finding that hard. i have been put on 40mg citalapram so hopefully they will take effect soon, was annoyed with myself though for having to resort to tablets. but hey if you had a broken arm you'd need plaster to make it better i guess. try to keep your chin up please. lets keep in touch and get through this awful period together. we can do it, try and find some confidence in yourself.
take care kerry x
kerryloo

Postby Nihilistic One » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:24 pm

In this state you must deal with the basics first.

This advice may come across as weak, but it is a difficult situation to be in.

First, you have to do everything in your power (which I understand is limited) to do the essentials.

Cleaning up, bathing, eating a good quality meal, making a list of basic chores that should be completed etc.

And of course, when the time is right, sleep well - turn off your consciousness for some time.

It may be difficult (or impossible) to believe, but forcing yourself to do whatever you can in the context I have laid down for you will give you something to build on.

Only when you "get a grip" (and I do not use that phrase in the ignorant way that it is usually used in) can you make a plan.

The plan should be in the form of a list for future preservation, whether it by psychotherapy, drug therapy, nutrition etc.
Nihilistic One

Postby fragilia_17 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:22 pm

hey i've been passing through the same for three years or more now, and i know it's really tough to get through it, still you can if you have the will, if you have a strong will you'll gain energy and that will eventually make you powerful, do not give up now please, just keep your hopes always high, i know it's hard, but nothing is easy my dear,

i hope u get better and i'll be so glad if i can help in anything
fragilia_17

Postby davidt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:39 am

Here is how you should view the situation.

The human mind is the most powerful force in nature.
it has gotten to think that you are helpless and constantly thinking negative.

If you can get your mind to work for you instead of against you then your future becomes great and unlimited. No matter how negative your mind is, it can do the same with equal strength but positive. As a fellow sufferer I know how hard it is but only Belize that life will become great one day.

There is always hope. I recommend going to youtube and listening to some brian Tracy videos. They are good with bringing confidence.
davidt

Postby good spirit » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:38 am

Hi, I read your posts on the psychology forum as well and it sounds like you really do want to get better here. So that is a good thing. I believe that you will get better, just keep in mind when you are feeling really low that a happy time is right around the corner. Again the ebb and flow of life. So there's always hope. :D

Hey do me a favor and treat yourself to a really funny movie sometime soon, and enjoy it. This really will help you to feel better, trust me. :D
good spirit

Postby AlishaMeehan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 am

good spirit wrote:Hey do me a favor and treat yourself to a really funny movie sometime soon, and enjoy it. This really will help you to feel better, trust me. :D

I's funny you should mention a really funny movie as The Chuckle Brothers are coming to Reading (The Hexagon) and I'm going to see them, I've loved them since I was about 4, the're so funny!
:D -----------
Hey there,

I want you to know your not alone, there has been many many many MANY times when I wanted to end my life because that would also end the pain, but I kept on going with support from my Nan and I think I'm gonna be ok, and you will be too, I garantee it, just havae faith and believe things WILL get better. The biggest issue for me is my lack of confidence, I'm 18 and have only just begun to gain confidence, although I don't have much, but I'm getting there!
I'll be thinking of you, Best wishes x
AlishaMeehan
Preferred Member

Return to Depression