shaking or trembling on the inside

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby MommyKC » Sat May 24, 2008 8:43 am

i dont know if tonight is just a bad night for me or what.. but i keep having this shaking/trembling/viberating feeling on the inside of my body, mostly in my chest area, neack and head. i am not physically shaking though.. has anyone ever heard of this? i am extremely tired its almost 4am and i am too freightend to go to sleep from this
MommyKC

Postby scampo » Sat May 24, 2008 5:41 pm

I think it may have been worse for you because it was 4am. My very worst time is often in the middle of the night. I read that the body's natural defence systems are at their lowest then and that is the reason why it's so much more difficult to cope at that time.
scampo

Postby andy_h » Sun May 25, 2008 2:07 pm

I know that towards the end of the day i sometimes get a feeling that i can only describe as i'm shaking but i'm not. It's a strange feeling almost like i'm going to start physically shaking any minute but i never do i spoke to my doctor about it the other day as it makes me feel like i'm going insane and really drives me nuts.
andy_h

Postby redfirekell » Sun May 25, 2008 6:16 pm

[b]hiya i can tell you what this is. it is an over build up of adrenalin. it can cause the bady to have many diff reactions and this is one of them. doing more physical things will help disperse this.

kell.xxxxxxxxxxxx
redfirekell

Postby Sorreltail » Sun May 25, 2008 8:55 pm

I get that almost all the time , I think it's anxiety related , certain types of meds may help sort it out though :D
Sorreltail

Postby MommyKC » Mon May 26, 2008 7:02 am

thanks for your responses! its so weird that i dont physically shake i feel like i am but i am not
MommyKC

Postby I_want_answers » Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 am

Are you anxious of anything?

Can you recall your thoughts before this happened?

Sometimes I get it, when I'm very nervous or when I have too much coffee. I am very sensitive to caffeine and it can really play with my nerves..
I_want_answers

Postby paulo111 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm

I_want_answers wrote:Are you anxious of anything?

Can you recall your thoughts before this happened?

Sometimes I get it, when I'm very nervous or when I have too much coffee. I am very sensitive to caffeine and it can really play with my nerves..

Thats the problem with most people I read about on here, they dont have mental thoughts causing their anxiety at all!!! The amount of "I dont know what is causing it" threads you see is enough to convince you there is more than just mental concerns causing peoples anxiety. But people dont seem to want to accept , probably because there GP has brainwashed them like they tried with me
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Postby kesh » Mon May 26, 2008 12:52 pm

i get this, usually eating something helps. maybe adrenaline responding to low blood sugar, or low potassium or calcium or one of those things
kesh

Postby paulo111 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:57 pm

kesh wrote:i get this, usually eating something helps. maybe adrenaline responding to low blood sugar, or low potassium or calcium or one of those things

Could be, although I've been tested for all of these and still get it. I think the hypoglycemia thing has been blown out of control on these boards, I'm sure it exists but to lable the vast majority of people with anxiety as being hypoglycemic is a bit over the top. I have anxiety and have done the GTT for hypoglycemia, and I dont have it. So there a lot more things than unstable blood sugar levels that cause hypoglycemia.
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Postby MommyKC » Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 pm

maybe its from soda..i know i shouldnt but i have about 2 cans a day. Because it reallys comes from nowhere i am not really having any bad thoughts or anything prior to it happining
MommyKC

Postby paulo111 » Mon May 26, 2008 5:12 pm

MommyKC wrote:maybe its from soda..i know i shouldnt but i have about 2 cans a day. Because it reallys comes from nowhere i am not really having any bad thoughts or anything prior to it happining

Maybe try and cut the soda out for a bit then and see if you feel better? And with regards to "Because it reallys comes from nowhere i am not really having any bad thoughts or anything prior to it happining" dont worry you are in the majority there! I am a strong beleiver anxiety doesnt always route from anxious / bad thoughts, despite what others on here will have you beleive.
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Postby I_want_answers » Tue May 27, 2008 1:04 am

Not just soda but coffee as well.

Just take notice the next time it happens - did you drink anything with caffeine before it?

It happens to me when I drink coffee.
I_want_answers