Prothiaden 25mg

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby Natti88 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:12 pm

hiya, my docs has just started me on these pills, anyone else on them or been on them? i'm only taking one a day before i go to bed. ive taken 2 now but since last night, the right hand side f my face has felt really wierd and tingly. :S dunno if this is related to pills of not.

Prothiaden 25mg anyone?

thanks

natti88xxxx
Natti88

Postby kesh » Sun May 25, 2008 6:46 pm

i used to be on them and they made me extremely happy, best anti depressant ever. the dopey side effects went away fairly quickly. they did however give me big bags under my eyes which remain to this day, even though i came off them 10 years ago
kesh

Postby scampo » Tue May 27, 2008 8:06 pm

I've been given them after much else has failed. I have a 25mg capsule before bed. I'm almost finished the month's supply and no, they haven't helped a jot.

The side effects you mention are definitely drug related and will wear off. I have had that and numbness in my face - these drugs are truly weird. It's also called dosulepin nowadays. I have read that it can affect the heart so I'm none too keen to carry on but if it had helped I would have welcomed the risk.
scampo

Postby kesh » Thu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

yes i had to come off them because of the heart side effects, though apparently these (and the drowsiness) are through the same mechanism as one would get from anti-histamines, called anticholinergic or antimuscarinic effects
kesh

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks