Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Psychology -> how to deal with people who are jealous of you? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

how to deal with people who are jealous of you?

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Psychology Resources

Psychology articles

Free Self-Help articles

Uncommon Knowledge Psychology Newsletter

Popular Psychology Book Reviews

Psychology Training Courses

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
crazygenius

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

how to deal with people who are jealous of you?    Reply with quote  

Friends, we all have encountered situations when people are jealous of ourselves.

I am encountering this situation from childhood. Some people are jealous because I am intelligent, some because I am good looking. Moreover many people try to annoy you because you are not like them. May be you have a different hobby or you like to pass time differently. Some people dont like you because they have found that girls admire you more than them.There are many things like that.

Then they will start calling names to annoy me. They will give you a title then they will tease you with this title. They will laugh without any reason and then try to insult you through this laughing. If I revolt back they will laugh more because in a way there purpose is fulfilled as they have annoyed you.

If you keep quiet they there is a problem because they will think that you are a coward which I am not.

I need a effective way to deal with the situation.

Thanks a lot.

bye n take care.

Timmy127

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Re: how to deal with people who are jealous of you?    Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by crazygenius
Friends, we all have encountered situations when people are jealous of ourselves.

I am encountering this situation from childhood. Some people are jealous because I am intelligent, some because I am good looking. Moreover many people try to annoy you because you are not like them. May be you have a different hobby or you like to pass time differently. Some people dont like you because they have found that girls admire you more than them.There are many things like that.

Then they will start calling names to annoy me. They will give you a title then they will tease you with this title. They will laugh without any reason and then try to insult you through this laughing. If I revolt back they will laugh more because in a way there purpose is fulfilled as they have annoyed you.

If you keep quiet they there is a problem because they will think that you are a coward which I am not.

I need a effective way to deal with the situation.

Thanks a lot.

bye n take care.

Well I think you have to examine what it is about your actions and behavior that people do not like.
JAKJRF

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm

when jealousy is aimed at you    Reply with quote  

Hi crazygenius

I am usually suspicious of those who believe the world is jealous of them. More likely there is, in a nice person as yourself, a resulting behavior that is self-re-enforcing, where your belief that another is jealous, initiates an unvoiced act of contempt, usually very subtle, like a facial expression, movement of the body, towards the one you think is jealous of you. This results in a return set of expressions and motions that enforce your belief. And in a sneaky way, this belief can be magical thinking that is quite effective in protecting us.

Anyway here's a nice answer from Psychology Today that is worth a read. "Well, first of all, congratulations. If jealousy is aimed at you, it probably means someone thinks you have something valuable in your life: high grades, a wonderful girlfriend or an excellent job--something that he or she probably lacks. There are many schools of thought on jealousy, but here's one way to look at it. Imagine you have tried repeatedly to sink a basket from the foul line but have missed every time. After a while, you begin to feel angry; you might even curse the court and slam the ball on the ground. This is a common way we respond when we fail. You'd also feel hostile toward someone who walked around holding up a sign that read "Gary Stinks at Basketball,' because he or she would be calling attention to your failings. To your jealous friend, you are walking around with such a sign. The mere sight of you is a reminder of his or her failings. What's your friend jealous of, anyway?"

What say you?
crazygenius

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 am

Sorry for such a late reply    Reply with quote  

Hello,
Thank you for your comments,

I work in a company where internet is banned and i dont have a system at home so i could not write in this post. Although I accessed the forum before I could not write here.

About the people who are jealous of me. I think they are jealous because I was able to clear my training with very less effort than them. We had a rigorous training and I was able to sleep well, sometimes I went to gym, I even went to swimming thats y most people turned against me as they had to slog hard for clearing the exams of training.

Moreover, they were some girls who started liking me. May be this is one of the reason.

This is the only thing I can think of.

bye n take care.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: