Loss of appetite from quitting, can someone please explain!!

Postby Roots » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:24 pm

I am facing a problem with gaining back my appetite after a week of not smoking weed. 2 out of 5 time after eating I puke it all up. I also chase down alot of ciggs which I know doesnt help but it still seems like when I was smoking everyday I was eating more. Now I have 2 light meals and I cant seem to eat more.

If someone is going threw or went threw this I would love to hear any suggestions that can help me out... :?
Roots

Likes Received: 0

Postby Triarius » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:40 pm

withdrawals from substances vary greatly, since it's only been a week I wouldn't worry too much.

When I quit adderall, I was so freakin hungry. One time, when I got home from work, I devoured so much food. It was like... at least a whole large pizza, plus the rest of the leftovers and some other stuff. It should not have been possible to eat that much. It lasted for a week or two, fading away slowly.
Triarius

Postby HDog455 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:46 am

Hey Roots, When I quit pot and went cold turkey I also gave up drinking booze and started on a healthy diet. I actually liked the fact that my appetite was reduced because I needed to lose 10 kilos. When I was smoking weed every night the routine would be a few joints and glasses of beer starting at about 5:30pm. By 7:30pm I would be scarfing down pizza or some other take away meal followed by chocolate, ice cream etc - then go to bed on a full stomach. That was a very unhealthy lifestyle which was taking a heavy toll on my life.

My appetite returned after a few weeks off the pot but I never went back to the destructive eating patterns because pot was the trigger which I had removed from my life.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Postby moswissa » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 am

dude i threw up a grip of times when i was quitting, its nothing to be afraid of. your body is getting rid of the toxins. i suggest to cut down on smoking PERIOD! your body will get used to smoking ciggs instead of weed and there you mad no progress as you are still dependent on drugs(nicotine)

loss of appetite was one of the biggest and hardest withdrawals i ever had to deal with. i smoked for 3 years strong and quit cold turkey. today is day 18 and my appetite is much better. all i can say for you is dont worry it will get better day by day. they say weed withdrawals may last up to 40 days so just hang in their and next thing you will know is your eating more then you should! good luck
moswissa

Postby bonbonscott2000 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:26 pm

2 weeks today for me !my apertite is nil,but i force myself to eat and drink lots of water.breakfast is like eating shiit on toast!!strange changes for me too.i worked tonight and usually i am stuffed,but tonight i felt good after work.could it be that i don,t take drugs or drink!!?still finding it hard to sleep,going to bed and hoping i can sleep.
i am going to mental health on tues to have a talk.hopefully they can help.my mania has calmed down,but i am a bit angry.
bonbonscott2000

Postby jazzz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Cheers to all you quiters! Best thing you have ever done.

A lot things change during detox , phisically and mentally, but I asure you that it is all for the best, stay strong, dont fight it and give it time. Nothing is broken and will return not to normal, but even a BETTER state.
I have been there, worried and paniced a lot about it and now 5 months later I am so much more at ease.
Nothing big changed, besides the fact that I dont smoke weed anymore and trust in myself. My body and brain are relaxed since I connected to my fears and doubts. I came to the point that I could descide went to handle them, instead of planning my day around smoking so I could avoid them :wink:

The body and brain are the most beatifull thing if you take care of them, thats what you are doing and IT WILL reward you, just give it time to heal!

Good luck, be proud!

Jazzz
jazzz
Preferred Member

Return to Addictions