Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Anxiety and Panic Attacks -> Recent panic attack, scared of having another one This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Recent panic attack, scared of having another one

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Panic Attacks and Anxiety Resources

Free panic attacks course

What are panic attacks? (article)

Panic attacks and your basic needs (article)

Anxiety and depression (article)

Anxiety FAQ

Panic attacks CD

Panic attacks

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
Spooz

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Recent panic attack, scared of having another one    Reply with quote  

I suffered a panic attack (my first ever) on Wednesday night. I'm 18 and living at home, so my parents called an ambulance. None of us had any idea what was happening to me, but I really genuinely could not breathe and was sweating and shaking all over. The ambulance came and the paramedic told me I was having a panic attack. Eventually I calmed down and they took me to hospital for a checkup.

Since then, I have been constantly aware of my heartbeat. It seems to speed up alarmingly after even walking upstairs and constantly seems too loud. My breathing seems too shallow but I don't want to overcompensate by taking deep breaths in case I kick off another attack. I have been finding it hard to sleep as I am so aware of my heartbeat and my breathing. I'm also afraid to cry in case the breathing pattern induced by crying/sobbing works itself up into a panic attack.

I have been physically exhausted all the time, coming home from school absolutely shattered and unable to do anything. This may be related to some nausea medication I am taking, prescribed while I was at the hospital. I also seem unable to concentrate on anything and keep zoning out. I feel really spaced out all the time.

I'm just so afraid I'll have another panic attack. It was the most awful experience I have ever had.

lizzieoj

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:10 am

hey my name is lizzie and i totly under satnd what u r saying but with me i suffer chest apins badly and i was in hospital with them i they done every test posible and said i was fine i thought i was having a heart attack and it is horrible i am also scared sh** less of dying i get pains down my arm and i am the excact same way way with the breathing like u r but wat i have noticed is that i wont panic or get the pains bad when i am occupied there r still there but not as bad and then when i start to think it gets bad i am now seen a lady and she is helping me keep me posted on how u r xx

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: