Post hypnotic Suggestion during sleep

Hypnosis / Self Hypnosis - discuss this most useful, and misunderstood, of therapeutic tools.

Postby tranceman » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:54 am

Does anyone know if post hypnotic suggestion works on someone while they are asleep? To allow them to become awake in a trance in the middle of the night. To fulfill a dream they always wanted to have.
tranceman

Postby Michael Lank » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:05 am

I have not tried it, but I would imagine the best time to make a post hypnotic suggestion is whilst someone is in the REM stage of sleep.
Michael Lank

Postby tranceman » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:07 pm

Ok that's a start. Thank you for your reply.

Please take this as just joking around. OK, I will just have to try and wake up at the right time and turn on the lights to see if we have REM LOL. I know this is a serious site. But we need to laugh every now and then.

What you said make perfect sense though. That is the dream state so it fits the bill.

Maybe someone else could add in on this one

Thanks

TRman.
tranceman

Postby Howdy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:18 pm

I think there is a lot of debate as to whether people are suggestable during sleep - and most tend to think that you are not. Certainly your subconscious is active during REM sleep, but Hypnosis is not the same as sleep - you aren't unconscious when in hypnosis.

I'd look up Lucid Dreaming if I were you - its a popular subject at the moment and will probably provide a better answer.
Howdy

Return to Hypnosis