can you drive yourself crazy?

Postby evildeeman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:06 am

Ok for the past few months ive been catching myself thinking im going crazy. God this sounds so freakish, but its like my inner voice is telling me that im going to lose it. a overwhelming feeling accompanies these thoughts. is this a precursor to somthing serious or am i just self-sabotaging myself? maybe im possessed? in any case, help would be appreciated....thanks for you advice in advance..

crazy horse
age 30
male
evildeeman

Postby evildeeman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:13 am

in addition....the feelings and thoughts subside after awhile and there is no history of mental illness in my family....
evildeeman

Postby briary » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:38 am

Hi evildeeman

Welcome to the forum. This sounds more like the thoughts people have due to anxiety and the more you concentrate on them the more anxious you become. If you were literally 'going crazy' you wouldn't be aware of it or worrying about it.

Some form of relaxation can help. I use a relaxation CD twice a day which helps with anxiety.

You might like to take the free Panic Attacks Course which will show you ways to manage the anxiety.

Briary
briary

Postby bit_twisted » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:57 pm

Hey Evildeeman ( I have some questions about your name but...)

I think we can agonize and worry about something so much that is causes us to have a brain over-load. Can't think straight, nothing make sense, can't express yourself, things like that. Stress can really have an affect our mental abilities. I don't think it's a perminent thing.

On the drive yourself crazy....

I don't think so... not unless you have really good direction and can convince yourself to get into the car.... But DON'T go! I'm just kidding....
bit_twisted