chestpain, feel dizzy and blocked left ear, HELP!!!!

Postby meggerpiez » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 pm

this doesnt happen all the time, for the past two day I felt fine. but today I thought about my symptoms and BAM, now my left ear feels clogged, my chest hurts and I feel dizzy? maybe dizzy isnt the right word..I feel inwardly dizzy or like I am going to start twitching.

Anyone else get this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

I want to get rid of this!
meggerpiez

Postby Lizamae » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 pm

meggerpiez wrote:this doesnt happen all the time, for the past two day I felt fine. but today I thought about my symptoms and BAM, now my left ear feels clogged, my chest hurts and I feel dizzy? maybe dizzy isnt the right word..I feel inwardly dizzy or like I am going to start twitching.

Anyone else get this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

I want to get rid of this!

Have you been to the doctor for this? Maybe something like an inner ear infection or something? Not sure but i have been light headed before with ear infections, not twitchy though.
Lizamae

Postby Ruby88 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:21 am

The chest pain could be anything - resulting stress - it could be indigestion...

The odd dizzy sensation could well be anxiety. Your phrase "...like I'm about to..." sounds like an anxiety related symptom to me - you see it all the time - I feel like I'm about to faint/ lose control/ die...
Ruby88

Postby PsyChris » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Well, I think we have clearly established a cognitive cue for your anxiety. You thinking about these symptoms and then "bam" they onset.

Still, if you haven't been to a doctor to talk about these symptoms you should.

How do you feel when these symptoms start?
PsyChris
MVP
MVP

Postby missgrey » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:40 pm

sounds like a panic attack AND an ear infection. Just went throught this about a month and a half ago. Had a wicked ear infection and didn't know it so worrying made my attacks worse.
missgrey

Postby meggerpiez » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

well, I have been to the er 3 times, everything came back fine. ecg came out with palps but i am horrified of the er so I get VERY paniced there.

funny thing is my ear doesnt always do this, and I dont always feel paniced.

before an attack I usually feel very scared and focus in on the symptoms which panics me more.

lastnight I felt like my heart was out of rythem and it made me cough.
I got shortness of breath and my hands started to tingle and my ear started feeling clogged. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.

sometimes I go a day without a panic attack then I get one really bad.

I cant go to the dr. till jan when I have medical
meggerpiez

Postby Lizamae » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Maybe do some meditation in the mean time, and read about anxiety. A friend gave me a book that is really good if you suffer from panic attacks/anxiety....."From Panic To Power" by Lucinda Bassett. It has helped me quite a bit, i recommend it to anyone w anxiety, esp those new to it!
Lizamae

Postby barsh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 am

Sounds like it could be SVT (which I get) or atrial fibrillation. Were you panicky at the time the shortness of breath and tingly hands happened? If so, it was panic attack. If not at all, go get reevaluated. Many people come into the hospital with the shortness of breath, and find out their heart is beating too fast. Which can be fixed.
barsh

Postby jurplesman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:12 am

All sorts of weird physical symptoms can emerge when we have anxiety attacks. But still it is always wise to first check with a doctor to eliminate any medical conditions that could account fro symptoms. Otherwise read:

Anxiety and the Sympathetic Nervous System
jurplesman