Depression or anxiety?

Postby Paul Doherty » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Is it depression or anxiety when stressed or tired the brain gets overactive resulting in dizziness, rignging in the ears and strong pulse in the neck?

I also can feel emotional like i want to cry but dont know why?
Paul Doherty

Likes Received: 0

Postby *Nihilistic One* » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

That is pretty specific so you should get straight-up medical issues ruled out.

When it comes to psychiatry issues like panic, general anxeity and depressive states can co-occur.

Antidepressants have the potential to treat anxiety and depression, amongst other things, suggesting that the neurological problem that causes depression is closely linked to whatever causes anxiety and panic.
*Nihilistic One*

Postby clocodile » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi,

Agree with Nihil. See a doc about physical possibilities first. The doc can consider your questions at the same time.

It may have some anxiety component to it for sure but it does sound physical mainly. Except the urge to cry. Perhaps that is frustration at going through this all the time?
clocodile
Preferred Member

Postby Walden » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 am

hey paul,

I have all those symptoms too, although the dizziness I have had way longer than the crying sensation, I think my dizziness is linked to my ears.

If you get to the bottom of the crying thing let me know by pm (I don't seem to get email notifications of replies on threads) I think maybe mine was caused by ecstacy or maybe pesticides, as I used to work on a farm, or it could be neither!

I have tried numerous googling but I don't find much, mainly just hormonal.
Walden