Please give me tips to stop blushing!please

Self esteem - in this over-hyped field it's essential to distinguish fact from fiction.Self confidence - faith in your own abilities is so important in today's high-achieving world.

Postby Katie585 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:16 pm

:oops: hi i as wondering if anybody could help me, i need some tips to try and stop going red at everything such as being asked if i want help ina shop. Its getting so bad im starting to go red towards my friends. It only just starting to happen. i used to be confident but im just losing it bit by bit. Im so paranoid everytime somebody says something to me i think "IM GONA GO RED" then i do but i cant stop this somebody please help!!!!!!!!! :oops:
Katie585

Postby briary » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 pm

Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum. You might like to read the thread here as there seem to be quite a few people with this problem.

Also this Tips to Stop Blushing article may well help.

Let us know what you think.

Briary
briary

Postby isistherapy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:29 am

Heya Katie

What you seem to be suffering from is the typical snowball effect of anxiety. The fact that you now think you are going to go red, does in fact make you do so and its more comonly known as psychosomatic conditions. I often use blushing as an example of psychosomatic conditions when I do talks and so on.

There are various therapies you can try to help you reduce and manage not only your cause but your symptoms as well so I've mailed you some possible areas to look at.

Let us know how you get on.
isistherapy

Postby bustedrock » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 pm

I totally know how you feel, like the other day i was in the bullrng and asked for a bigger bag to put my coat in and just went bright red.,..for no reason. Let me know if anything works.
bustedrock

Postby gillingham » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:31 pm

them tips for blushing r no good, is there a cream or anything for blushing that reduces the burning or anything
gillingham

Postby joe » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:46 am

i go red for no reason, like in the lunch room, i am paraniod or something and canot keep my level of anxiety down. Im very smart, get straight a's, but just seem to get red for no reason. Its getting worse every day, especially when i am close to the girl i like. any tips?
joe

Postby pizzicato » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:21 am

i know what you mean. its not as bad as it used to be, i think im starting to control it ... well until last week that is! once it starts, it seems to go on for days! when i can feel it happening, ill just take deep breaths, and it'll go in like 20 seconds, but when someone comments on my red face, or actually 'asks' why im going red ... then its even worse! i remember last year when i worked in a shop, i had a queue of like 6 customers, and as i was new, kept getting things wrong, so i had that to deal with, then another member of staff asked me a question, and i just went bright red, and then ofcourse she just had to ask 'why have you gone so red??', i just pretended i didnt hear her and looked away, i was mortified!
pizzicato

Postby ambush » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:22 am

try to cover it with make up
ambush

Postby i hate myself » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:11 pm

I identify with you, Katie. It sucks so much. I started blushing a few months ago. It gets really bad in Spanish class. I sit there very tense and worry about, "I'm going to get red." Then I do... If there were some way to accept it for me... It would help a lot.'Cause half the reson I go red is because I'm embarrased that I do get red. I get really panicy and anxious before I get red.

Does anyone know of some good sites about blushing and how to help it happen less?
i hate myself

Postby briary » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:08 pm

Have a look at the article on Blushing.

Briary
briary

Postby movistar05 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:03 pm

:oops: i know how you all feel i went to the shop last week with my sister to get ice cream and as soon as i got out of the car i knew i was gonna go red when i asked for it yes as u guessed i went bright red.......and my sister whispered to me whats wrong ur face is purple do u still get embarrassed when u ask for something and i just laughed and looked the other direction. since then i have bin feeling self concious and going red for the stupidest things. i dred going to wrk and i wont leave the house at all i need a cure
movistar05

Postby steve689 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:36 pm

I found that taking large discreet gulps of air and blowing out slowly can help calm the sensation down, the actual redness is just the end, i am a blusher and i find it's the whole welling up experience that has the most effect and makes you feel more conscious. Of course insincere people mentioning it doesn't help, i try making a joke of it, if you blush make light of it or if someone asks why you are so red come back at them "Why, does it bother you so much?" or "Don't get to close or you might catch it" are two of mine.

I know these are not going to help much but i am a very heavy blusher and i think every trick can help a little, just try and imagine yourself in a different place or situation.
steve689

Postby unknown13 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 pm

omg i get that to someone please help i get excalty what you get i cant help it i just go bright red please help me its happening with my friends and when people ask me questions i cant help it please help.
unknown13

Postby hbkm40 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:07 pm

hey, ladies who blush. I think that blushing is GREAT. It show that there are still good girls around with all the horrible things that is going on in the world these days(not saying that all of them are still clean). A sign of beautiful awaremess in a person, showing that their brain is still functioning the right way.

Blushing is very cute :wink: , and there are no shame at all to it. I think that it is a representation of innocent :D

But then again, i have a bit darker skin tone. So i dont know how if feels to blush.
hbkm40
Preferred Member

Postby good spirit » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:35 am

Yeah I'm big blusher myself and I love it when women I know blush also. I think it's great and very cute and endearing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I fully accept my blushing now and people who know me think it's kind of funny but they really accept me and have said that they think that it's great that I am so unselfconscious.

Hey let's start a group on here called "Blushing is Cool!" :oops: :oops: :oops:
good spirit

Next