pressure/tightness in right arm, is it due to stress?

Postby BoxBoxBox » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 am

is this a new stres symptom that has popped up? cant be my heart or anything becuse they tested my heart / blood a month ago.
BoxBoxBox

Likes Received: 0

Postby Cooler » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 am

BoxBoxBox wrote:is this a new stres symptom that has popped up? cant be my heart or anything becuse they tested my heart / blood a month ago.

BoxBox,

It's hard to say, but anxiety produces all kinds of physical symptoms, which are most convincing. I've never understood why this happens, but it does.

Sometimes the symptoms disappear just as quickly as they came. I hope this one does.

Alex.
Cooler

Likes Received: 1

Postby Iceman30 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:44 am

If this is any consolation, I can tell you that I've had the same thing: horrible pressure in left arm and in my head. I always thought my blood pressure was so high that I would have a stroke, or that my head was so tight with pressure that I would go into shock from dizziness.

It's all anxiety. It can make us very, very ill. Honestly, this symptom was moderate compared to the other symptoms of anxiety I suffered.

Do whatever you can to help your anxiety (mindful acceptance meditation, exercise, reiki, hypnosis, etC). It will pass...I promise...
Iceman30

Postby JeremyC » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 am

I think that pressure comes from muscle tension in the back. At least that's my current theory. I would get the bizarre pressure in the head and it always seemed to correspond with really tight back muscles and pain. When i would take the time to stretch, usually the pressure feeling would go away.
Might have nothing to do with it, but it felt like the tension in my back and neck would radiate all over my head and face.

It is a strange feeling though...
JeremyC