Can You Fall in Love in a Dream

Postby AndroidsDream » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 pm

This is just a survey for responses for a project I am doing that is examining the theories of dreams.

You don't have to be right or wrong. Just tell me what you think. Your own opinion. Can you fall in Love in a Dream?
AndroidsDream

Postby Ruby88 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm

No. You can have a dream where you're more intimate with someone than you would normally be, and be left with a lingering feeling that it was nice, but falling in love is a two way process.
Ruby88

Postby cr8trface » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 pm

AndroidsDream wrote:This is just a survey for responses for a project I am doing that is examining the theories of dreams.

You don't have to be right or wrong. Just tell me what you think. Your own opinion. Can you fall in Love in a Dream?

I feel like I have, but I forgot the details :lol:
cr8trface

Postby problematyk » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 pm

That's a very good question I reckon after a short deliberation.

I can imagine having symptoms of strong affection for a person that I dream about, and I can imagine this as a two-way process. But wouldn't it be falling in love with yourself? All we dream about is created in our minds after all. I suppose it would be a good idea to define what is meant by falling in love/what is involved first.
problematyk

Postby Wiganlad2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Hmm... interesting question. I have never been in love but I can imagine what it is like.

I would say no. I remember waking up from a dream once and feeling attracted to someone I hadn't before which was strange, but I doubt it is possible to get such strong feelings for someone (imaginary or a real person) just from a dream.
Wiganlad2010

Postby Annie7788 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm

I think subconscious feelings that you already have about someone can be revealed in a dream. So you have probably already fallen in love in real life but just not realised until the dream makes this clear to you.
Annie7788
MVP
MVP

Postby MushroomMan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Anything you can do while awake you can do in your dreams.
MushroomMan

Postby wylo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 pm

I beleive you definitely can, I have experienced very very intense feelings of love in dreams.
I dreamed once that I spent the whole night with a girl that I barely knew(in real life), nothing happening in the dream just talking,, it was very very strange and I woke up still feeling a small bit the same, but within the hour all those feelings were completely gone, and she was back to being just a kind of a good looking girl I sort of know.

Another time, I had a very strange dream that my nephew in real life was my son in the dream, and I had very strong parental caring feelings towards him, I have no kids but this feeling was intense. Once again, I woke up and within the hour all those feelings were completely gone.
I find dreams fascinating, and almost therapeutic, if I have a long long dream about something I tend to wake up slightly refreshed.

I have also experience love in a dream with a girl I was going out with at the time and was in was in love with at the time.
wylo