Marijuana ruined my teenage life

Postby Screwston » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm on probation because I burglarized a house for money to buy WEED. My probation was reset 6 months into it for stealing an ipod so i could sell it and buy WEED, plus I was put on intense supervision program because WEEED. I have to drive all the way downtown 2 times a week just to talk to my officer for 10 minutes, and call 2 times a week because of WEED. I got caught at school smoking last friday when I only had 10 days left of the intense supervision and now it got reset and i'm back on day one plus alternative school because of WEED. Now I have to go to a pace program every wednesday for 12 weeks, attend decision making workshops, drug workshops, all kinds of programs and workshops and meetings and therapies BLAH BLAH BLAH because of WEED. All these programs are to help me quit but they just make things alot harder to deal with! I have been on lockdown at my house for almost a YEAR now. I have no more social life as a teen(i'm 16 btw)I don't even have time to have a girlfriend. I can't leave the county. My curfew is 7. I pretty much have a 3rd parent. oh my god weed has brought so many problems into my life. I can go on and on and on about all the problems it's brought and I STILL crave it. I'm gambling with my freedom by smoking while on probation just for some stupid high feeling. I think about killing myself all the time because it feels as if probation will never end. I have to keep thinking to my self "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". I've finally decided to quit weed since it's brought so much family and legal problems and destroyed my teenage life but I still feel as if i won't be able to quit. I've been smoking it for 4 years almost every day. i'm not off probation until january 25th 2011, and sometimes it gets so stressful i feel like if I was in jail away from everything i'd have less problems then i do now. I want to move to my moms in austin tx and just start over but probation won't let me. I can't just leave my druggie friends because those druggies are kids i've been haning out with as far back as the 2nd grade. I want to quit so bad but i just can't. I crave it every second of every day. plus my own dad smokes weed but tries to hide it and doesn't allow me to. So it's as easy as sneaking into my dad's room and stealing some. this is so hard!!! Today is my first day off and it's already so hard!
Screwston

Postby dangermouse10 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 am

Hang in there Screwston. I would write down a list of all the reasons as to why you want to knock it on the head - lets face it there is nothing good about it. I'm on Day 5 & smoked everyday since I was 16. I'm now 32. Its done so much damage to my confidence, memory, relationships, & basically my whole life! Giving up, for me is long overdue..If I can do it anyone can! You just gotta stay busy & maybe do more exercise, see friends who don't smoke, focus on other things & not slip back into being a stoner. I've chucked everything out, all my papers, grinders, everything to do with smoking. Seeing stoner friends tonight & have just said to them not to bring it with them so I'm not tempted.

Good luck & just keep in mind why you want & need to do it. Its all for the right reasons. You WILL come out the other side a better person. I was your age when I started, trust me you do not want to end up like I have & realising now im in my 30's that my whole teen years were wasted being a lazy, unmotivated and generally moody person who spent her daze in a haze of smoke.

Stay strong
:wink:
dangermouse10

Postby LostTime » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 am

Yep I lost 12 years of my youth all because of WEED!
LostTime

Postby cannabisfree » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:49 pm

You have many reasons to quit - but I would just say that perhaps you should let your dad read this forum - it will be hard for your to quit if he is still smoking. Let him know you know and maybe together you can form an alliance. Good luck - the last thing you want to do is be of legal age with this background and end up in jail.
cannabisfree

Postby Screwston » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm actually feeling a little better today, day 2. I still crave it but man yesterday it was driving me mad!! I smoked cigarettes every day(half a pack a day) for a long time and managed to quit that 6 months ago and if i can do that I can quit weed. 1 problem i've noticed already though is sleep. I would smoke every night before bed, and now when i'm going to bed sober I just lay there for hours before I can fall asleep! I started doing alot of cardio hopefully It will help me feel much better! Plus I applied for HEB a few days ago and they just called me for an interview i'm pretty stoked to finally have a job to keep me occupied!
Screwston

Postby Unchained » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:18 am

Made me think of a catchy song....

t's Like, I don't care about nothin man,
roll another blunt, Yea (ohh ohh ohh),

La da da da da da La, Da Daaa,
La da da da, La da da da, La da da daaa

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
my room is still messed up and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I got high [repeat 3X]

(La da da da da da da da da)