Why does it seem like everything is against me?

Postby shyandsad » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm in so much pain,
every part of me is sore
It feels like my whole body is sad
My soul is no more

I have no one to turn to
there is nobody there
What's the point in even trying
when nobody cares

Why even try to stop crying
when there's no reason to smile
I feel so empty all the time
I'm just going to lie here a while

My tears don't even have time to dry
Is it time to say goodbye
shyandsad

Postby Veska » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi shyandsad,
I know how you feel and I would like to help you, but I am not sure if there is any help from outside. You have to fight with your self. It is not the world being against you - I am not against you, I understand you - it is your mind playing tricks on you. It is your thoughts and your image of the world that you created and you believe in. You (and me and many others) are in a whirl takings us down. If you believe that others do not care about you and you turn away from them, others will turn away from you, because they see you the same way as you see yourself. We have to change ourselves our attitude our believes to get into calm waters again. If I have such moments when I feel down I go outside for a walk, bike ride or do something to occupy my mind to change the direction of my thoughts. I walk or ride until I am exhauseted and then I can sleep better. I stopped eating sugar, drinking coffee and try to eat healthy food. It is hepling me, but still I have to be on the watch all the time, the mind is unpreidictable. I want to learn meditation to get more control over my mind.
Others may have different opinoin, I just want to telll you that you are not alone in this suffering and that we have to fight. We can't change the world, we have to change ourselves to survive.
Veska

Postby shyandsad » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reply.
The last time one of my friends text or rang me when it wasn't in reply to a text that I sent them was over 2 weeks ago.
In the last week, I've spoken to 3 people. My mam, my dad and my boss from work. My boss only rang coz I'm off work and they have to ring every 2 weeks. I live with my mam and dad so they have to speak to me. They probably wouldn't speak to me otherwise.

Right now, I'm sitting in my bedroom crying for no reason other than I hate myself so much that I can't see any way out.

I'm not eating unless my mam makes me something and brings it to me.

That'll probably do me good though coz I'm so fat and ugly.

I've got nothing to offer to anybody
shyandsad

Postby *Nihilistic One* » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Our mood affects the way we interpret things. In a low mood we interpret things in a negative light. Even if there is no fault in our cognitive process we can still 'feel' like everything is set against us.
*Nihilistic One*

Postby Veska » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:38 pm

It is good that you talk about your feelings. Can you talk to your parents and tell them how you feel? Or to your friends?
Or you can write everything down on the paper, everything what you think that makes your life a misery. Write as much as you can - and then throw the paper away - do not read it again. Then write everything what you would like to do or what would you like to be - and keep it and read it again.
Small things - do one small thing at a time.
Veska

Return to Depression