Feeling less than others, when I feel I should be equal.

Postby kickinwing » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:22 am

This is my first post to the forum. I have seen a psychologist twice before but it is just to expensive for me. I am a college student and I dont have a job right now, and I dont want my parents paying 50 dollars a session for me. Anyways,

Last night I was out at a nightclub with my girlfriend. As we were entering the club there was a line but we usually dont have to wait in line. As we went up to the bouncer he said he was only letting girls in and I had to wait in line. My girlfriend went in but only because she did not realize I didnt get in. She looked back and I was stuck outside, so she came over to me. she asked the bouncer to let me in but he said only girls could get in at this point and I would have to wait in line. This really bothered me... Then she told him she knew the owner, he didnt believe her. Luckily the owner was right there and she did know him, and since she knew him, the owner told the bouncer to let me in.

This entire situation really bothers me... I dont like the fact that she got in because of her looks and since she was a girl and I couldn't. I made me feel very pathetic. Then the fact that she knew the owner and got him to let me in makes me feel very much less like a man. Throughout this entire situation I felt helpless and small.

I know that this is how the world works, that there is sexism and things like that, but I felt very inadequate....
kickinwing

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 am

Sorry to be blunt, but if that's all that's wrong in your life.. you're lucky. Move on or stay... it's a choice!
tokeless

Postby improvedconfidence.com » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 am

It must have been frustrating but loads of clubs and bars have rules like this - a few I know don't charge women, only the men and will only let men in when there are more women!
Annoying, yes, sexist, yes, discrimination, probably, but it is only a club and really not the end of the world. If you were a single guy looking to meet someone you may be grateful for the female majority!!

This is one situation which made you feel inadequate, think of several where you felt great, looked after your girlfriend etc. There will always be situations we don't like, but focus on the ones you do like - these are a much more frequent occurance.

Best wishes,
Kate.
improvedconfidence.com