Anger over stupid things.

Does your anger need some management? Helpful discussions to get you back in control.

Postby InOne » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

I used to be able to control my anger pretty well. But now it seems the smallest things set me off. Don't know why this is, it is almost always people related. There is probably biterness tied in there as well. I have been able to control it public so far, hope it doesn't get worse.
InOne

Postby jurplesman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:45 am

InOne wrote:I used to be able to control my anger pretty well. But now it seems the smallest things set me off. Don't know why this is, it is almost always people related. There is probably biterness tied in there as well. I have been able to control it public so far, hope it doesn't get worse.

For a possible explanation read:

Anger Management: Nutrition and Psychotherapy

And then study

Summary of Self-help Psychotherapy

in its entirety from beginning to end. It includes a program showing you how to overcome a negative self-image, and assertiveness training program, communication course and values clarification course. You may need the help of a CBT therapist to complete the course. But most people will get better at it by themselves, by just reading. Please search our web site for more information by entering terms in our Search Engine.
jurplesman

Postby scubaseven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm

InOne wrote:. But now it seems the smallest things set me off. Don't know why this is, it is almost always people related.

Most anger is an outward projection of what you feel toward yourself.
Are you living up to your potential?
Are you doing what you want to do with your life?
Travel, shoot a gun, do something fun that you have always wanted.
And stand up for what you believe.
scubaseven

Postby InOne » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 pm

scubaseven wrote:
InOne wrote:. But now it seems the smallest things set me off. Don't know why this is, it is almost always people related.

Most anger is an outward projection of what you feel toward yourself.
Are you living up to your potential?
Are you doing what you want to do with your life?
Travel, shoot a gun, do something fun that you have always wanted.
And stand up for what you believe.

Well no, I wouldn't say I'm living life to it's 'full' potential. But we're all restricted in some ways. Plus I seem to have all these ideas, but never put them in to motion.
InOne

Postby scubaseven » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:50 am

InOne wrote:[ldn't say I'm living life to it's 'full' potential. But we're all restricted in some ways. Plus I seem to have all these ideas, but never put them in to motion.

That could be the problem.
Dont be afraid to fail, if you are you will never try and never ever succeed.
Things dont always work out, but at least you will be happy that you tried.
scubaseven

Postby InOne » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah I guess. I've calmed down a lot more recently anyway. With my life getting back on track and all that.
InOne