Living the solitary life

Postby Desire4Wings » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 am

Hey people, I recently turned 18 and I'll be going to college in 2 months. I'm quite ugly and because of that, I have never been able to make a proper conversation with a girl. I'm also ashamed to go outside because of my looks, people will always give me that nasty look like I'm a monster.

I'm always so lonely and right now I'm always imprisoning myself in my room like I have done the past few years. I think my life will be the same in the future, I'll be able to get along with some guys and make friends, but I'll never be able to know love. My heart will always be empty, and even tough I don't want that, I have accepted the fact that I can't get any love.

But is alright to live a solitary life? I think that I wouldn't endure it any longer in the future, and that my mind would crack at a certain point.... But what can I do about it? I want a way out of this lonely life, but it's like I have no other choice but to accept it since no one wants a monster around them. :(
Desire4Wings

Postby scubaseven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Desire4Wings wrote: I'm quite ugly and because of that, I have never been able to make a proper conversation with a girl.

I am ugly in a traditional manner.
But I got over it somewhat by travelling and doing all the things I wanted.
And now girls come and talk to me. I am still single but have had a great life. Travelling the world working and holidaying. Go to Thailand or somewhere cheap and enjoy it. You can learn to dive, take muay thai, learn the drums, live like a king for less than $100 a day.

If you are in the US/UK or Australia your surroundings wont help much. Its all about money/sex. Go to a 3rd world country where religion is still the power and you will feel like family. Everyone helps each other. Its great for the soul.
scubaseven

Postby Desire4Wings » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 pm

scubaseven wrote:
Desire4Wings wrote: I'm quite ugly and because of that, I have never been able to make a proper conversation with a girl.

I am ugly in a traditional manner.
But I got over it somewhat by travelling and doing all the things I wanted.
And now girls come and talk to me. I am still single but have had a great life. Travelling the world working and holidaying. Go to Thailand or somewhere cheap and enjoy it. You can learn to dive, take muay thai, learn the drums, live like a king for less than $100 a day.

If you are in the US/UK or Australia your surroundings wont help much. Its all about money/sex. Go to a 3rd world country where religion is still the power and you will feel like family. Everyone helps each other. Its great for the soul.

Travelling sounds nice. I planned to travel to the Philippines since I am half Filipino/Belgian and I want to see my mother & her family again after all these years. But I plan to do that after I get my diploma, for now I'll just have to put up with the loneliness for a couple of years...
Desire4Wings

Postby scubaseven » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 am

Desire4Wings wrote: for now I'll just have to put up with the loneliness for a couple of years...

So go and do some volunteer work.
People accept you more when you do things for them. So you have to be the strong one and make the effort first as most people are afraid to initiate contact anymore.

Or go help out a local sporting team with some menial task. People will let you in and at least acknowledge you are there.
scubaseven

Postby Aaoi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

scubaseven wrote:If you are in the US/UK or Australia your surroundings wont help much. Its all about money/sex. Go to a 3rd world country where religion is still the power and you will feel like family. Everyone helps each other. Its great for the soul.

This is actually really good advice. A few years ago I had an accident that really destroyed my confidence, I could barely leave the house. I realised I needed to do something about it and I booked myself a holiday, one of those adventure things that single travellers go on. I'd never flown before, never left the country even but i got myself down to the airport and got on the plane. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I'd do it again in a heart beat. Me and a few others sort of extended the holiday and did some real travelling across Asia, and it changed my world.

You'll come back with your head held high, looking at all the people who don't have the guts to do what you did and you'll make some real friends, believe me. As tough as you think it would be to do, you can do it. Hell if I can, any one can.
Aaoi