Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Depression -> Venlafaxine Withdrawal This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Venlafaxine Withdrawal

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Depression Resources

Free Depression Learning Path

How Depression Works

Post-natal Depression (article)

Depression and Anxiety, the link (article)

Depression Recovery Program

Treating Depression with Hypnosis (ebook)

Storytelling CD

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
louise.mcgill56@yahoo.com

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Venlafaxine Withdrawal    Reply with quote  

My story in short. I was prescribed Venlafaxine 4 years ago for anxiety. I have never really felt it worked,I still had palpatations. My doctor decided last month to change to Mirtazapene, and I had to cut down on Ven for three weeks which I did. In my infinite wisdom I decided to just come off and not bother with the Mirtazapene as I want to be free of all ADs. I am on day 4 and have been suffering the chills,sweats,head zaps,nausea,aches and pains to name but a few. I am eating lots of avocados,tomatoes,bananas and good foods,drinking loads of water. I am also taking supplements L tyrosene,magnesium,strong wide spectrum vitamin,B6,and ginger. I am taking epsom salts hot baths. How long will these symptoms last for??? Should I try anything else. I would appreciate all suggestions.

jurplesman

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Venlafaxine Withdrawal    Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by louise.mcgill56@yahoo.com
My story in short. I was prescribed Venlafaxine 4 years ago for anxiety. I have never really felt it worked,I still had palpatations. My doctor decided last month to change to Mirtazapene, and I had to cut down on Ven for three weeks which I did. In my infinite wisdom I decided to just come off and not bother with the Mirtazapene as I want to be free of all ADs. I am on day 4 and have been suffering the chills,sweats,head zaps,nausea,aches and pains to name but a few. I am eating lots of avocados,tomatoes,bananas and good foods,drinking loads of water. I am also taking supplements L tyrosene,magnesium,strong wide spectrum vitamin,B6,and ginger. I am taking epsom salts hot baths. How long will these symptoms last for??? Should I try anything else. I would appreciate all suggestions.

You are on the right track, but you may be forgetting that people with mood disorders like having anxiety attacks are hypoglycemic.

You should also be a on a hypoglycemic diet.

Read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias

and discuss with a Nutritional Doctor, Clinical Nutritionist or Nutritional Psychotherapist. Most people can overcome the problem by adopting the Hypoglycemic Diet.
For more information use our Search our Web Site and look for articles containing topics entered in search engine.
PsyChris
MVP
MVP

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:37 am

They should last about a week. In the future you need to tell your doctor you want to stop and they will tell you how to do it-- you could have avoided these symptoms.

Cognitive Behavioral therapy is very effective for treating anxiety. Have you considered it?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: