Venlafaxine Withdrawal

Postby louise.mcgill56@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 pm

My story in short. I was prescribed Venlafaxine 4 years ago for anxiety. I have never really felt it worked,I still had palpatations. My doctor decided last month to change to Mirtazapene, and I had to cut down on Ven for three weeks which I did. In my infinite wisdom I decided to just come off and not bother with the Mirtazapene as I want to be free of all ADs. I am on day 4 and have been suffering the chills,sweats,head zaps,nausea,aches and pains to name but a few. I am eating lots of avocados,tomatoes,bananas and good foods,drinking loads of water. I am also taking supplements L tyrosene,magnesium,strong wide spectrum vitamin,B6,and ginger. I am taking epsom salts hot baths. How long will these symptoms last for??? Should I try anything else. I would appreciate all suggestions.
louise.mcgill56@yahoo.com

Postby jurplesman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

louise.mcgill56@yahoo.com wrote:My story in short. I was prescribed Venlafaxine 4 years ago for anxiety. I have never really felt it worked,I still had palpatations. My doctor decided last month to change to Mirtazapene, and I had to cut down on Ven for three weeks which I did. In my infinite wisdom I decided to just come off and not bother with the Mirtazapene as I want to be free of all ADs. I am on day 4 and have been suffering the chills,sweats,head zaps,nausea,aches and pains to name but a few. I am eating lots of avocados,tomatoes,bananas and good foods,drinking loads of water. I am also taking supplements L tyrosene,magnesium,strong wide spectrum vitamin,B6,and ginger. I am taking epsom salts hot baths. How long will these symptoms last for??? Should I try anything else. I would appreciate all suggestions.

You are on the right track, but you may be forgetting that people with mood disorders like having anxiety attacks are hypoglycemic.

You should also be a on a hypoglycemic diet.

Read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias

and discuss with a Nutritional Doctor, Clinical Nutritionist or Nutritional Psychotherapist. Most people can overcome the problem by adopting the Hypoglycemic Diet.
For more information use our Search our Web Site and look for articles containing topics entered in search engine.
jurplesman

Postby PsyChris » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:37 am

They should last about a week. In the future you need to tell your doctor you want to stop and they will tell you how to do it-- you could have avoided these symptoms.

Cognitive Behavioral therapy is very effective for treating anxiety. Have you considered it?
PsyChris
MVP
MVP