Isn't the world created bad?

Postby Hamming » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:32 pm

What I want to say - people have to work so much and many of them even hardly earn for living expenses, or have to spent all their hardly earned money just to exist. Of course I have no idea how we could make it better.
Hamming

Postby Candid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:58 pm

The world wasn't created this way, it has become it... and frankly I don't see it getting better in the future. Sorry.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Hamming » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm

I hope it will get better :) there is robot technologies that can do many things without humans. So it means living should become cheaper, if living is cheaper, we need to earn less money, which means we have to work less. But we have to wait a lot until robots will become used widely everywhere.
Hamming

Postby PoisonFlowers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 am

We've created this "bad world" and now we live with it. It's a case of making the bed and lying in it. I don't think it'll last forever though, so don't worry.
PoisonFlowers

Postby leefulong » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 am

I think it's the greedy of human to making this world bad,there are always somebody who want to get more than they need,and they do not think about the others,which makes the world unfair,and some of us living hard.And even the one who gets what they need,they may not happy though,coz they want to get more,human are greedy.
It is sad!
This is my opinion.
leefulong

Postby jefmenguin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 pm

One, it depends on which part of the world you belong.
Second, it also depends on what set of eyes you are using.

These two sound simple, but even simple things looks complicated to most people. For example, they cannot imagine a simple life.

Hamming wrote:What I want to say - people have to work so much and many of them even hardly earn for living expenses, or have to spent all their hardly earned money just to exist. Of course I have no idea how we could make it better.
jefmenguin

Postby rerickson2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 pm

I would recommend reading the book Total Financial Makeover by David Ramsey. He teaches you the basic principles of personal finance and the secrets to financial security.
rerickson2011

Postby Candid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:41 pm

His 'secret' is presumably to write a book with a catchy title, like every other self-help author out there. Well, good luck to him. We can't all be rich, can we?
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby rerickson2011 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:17 am

Candid wrote:His 'secret' is presumably to write a book with a catchy title, like every other self-help author out there. Well, good luck to him. We can't all be rich, can we?

His principals have worked for me and made me understand how money works.

The biggest thing I see with some of my friends and family who are struggling to make ends meat majority of them want instant gratification and feel that they have worked hard and deserve it. I was once that way and I have changed my thinking and spending habits. Now I look at money differently. You really need to develop a budget that works for you and that is the first step towards financial success. Once you have developed a budget than you need to develop a plan to get out of debt with the exception of a Mortagage. After all other debts are paid off then rebudget and balance your expenses accordingly and save money for emergency and retirement.

You just have to make up your mind that you want to change and live within your means. It's difficult, but it is really up to you.
rerickson2011

Postby Arius » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

If we "created it" than we can "recreate it". It seems societies are stepping on the same thorn over and over again because they have become addicted to the feeling they get in between landings. We relish pain because we love those moments when we find happiness.

Could anyone imagine a world where money isn't valued and "things" just are?
Arius